main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Without You, I'm Nothing: J/J post-Swarm War, Completed, 9/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawanlost, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I'm Liking this

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wonderful updat! =D= This is a great story and you have written it to perfection!

3. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update!

It's very good to see Kyp and Mara standing up for Jaina-- they are can best understand the position she is in.

[face_worried] Jacen what are you doing? I understand that he wants to protect his daughter, but I think that he is treading awfully close to the dark side... deciding he knows what is best for everyone around him.

Can't wait to see whta happens next!

jcs

4. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    i liked the kyp-mara dialogue. they barely talk usually, and when they do, they fight.

I liked the family scene too, Jacen as a daddy made me smile

5. Super_Jemi

Super_Jemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    Not even his twin sister could be trusted with something as precious as Allana.

Now, see, maybe five or ten years ago she probably would have been the first if not only person he told. He's going dwn a path that no one is going to be able to help him with if he doesn't let them, but I gues that's the point, isn't it?

Hehe, I liked Mara and Kyp, mostly because Mara just has this habbit of knowing whatever's going on.

Great stuff, I can't wait to see what Han's going to do to the boy for not showing up sooner...

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The Kyp-Mara exchange was very nicely done, and truthful (about Kyp never being able to live Cardia down) at that. I like that he's going to try to help Jaina move past the Killik experience.

Jacen's dreams of just having a normal family are very sweet, though his throughts about Jaina are a bit spooky. And may I say again that I really hate that woman? Like, really hate.

7. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    COMMENTS [face_dancing] :oops: [face_praying] [face_love]

Super_Jemi : I still maintain that the thing that Jaina did with the Force was probably the coolest thing ever.

I was inspired by what Vader did at the end of RotS. Instead of being destructive, Jaina did something proactive about it. Luckily she found him, or she might have really made grandpa proud.

Star_Angel: Nooo!!! Jacen is not going to do what I think that he is going to do, is he?

Jacen is weighing his options. There are a lot of ways to keep Jaina from knowing about Allana- and come on even Jacen's probably scared of his father.

And I do not like Jacen?s old Master

I could spend hours writing stories about all the horrific fates Vergere could have, and never really get tired of it- I'm thinking wood-chipper from Fargo.

Healer_Leona : Hmmm, I can understand Jacen's reasoning with his daughter, but so much in life is difficult, sometimes those who love you most are needed around you. Allana won't have that.

If he doesn't wise up she won't. Unfortunately that seems pretty common in his family :(

Often once doing a wrong, you spend the rest of your life proving you won't do another

Even Jedi can have trouble forgiving. Not that a dark path dominates your destiny forever, but...(looks over shoulder to see Yoda's disapproving glare.)

jedi_master_gimpy: I was expecting more anger from Zekk, but I guess that's because other fics I've read have had him controlling Jaina a bit through the Killik hive-mind

I never really felt like Zekk was being malicious toward her. I think he just got lost in her thoughts. More on this in the next chapter. :)

I'm wondering what Jacen will do....is he going to take an observant stance to see what Jaina's doing or possibly discourage her exploring her powers, or do we need to seriously worry for her safety? Hmm....I find it interesting with the directions Jacen's taken in the recent books that while the twins might have escaped the twin vs. twin battle the Vong wanted, they seem to still be headed in that direction due to their own choices.

I think it's sad, but their destiny is inescapable, whatever it is. We'll see... (not mentioning the vig I wrote about Jaina having to kill Jacen to protect Allana)

G__Anakin : Glad you're enjoying, welcome!

Jade_Pilot: [face_blush] Thanks. I'm trying.

jaina_clan_solo : Jacen what are you doing? I understand that he wants to protect his daughter, but I think that he is treading awfully close to the dark side... deciding he knows what is best for everyone around him.

Yeah, it looks pretty bad for him. Maybe I should have Tenel Ka kick the stuffing out of him before he causes any trouble? (Goes to re-write post) Just kidding, but I do wonder what she's going to think about all this bad Jacen- definitely more take charge than Padme, but is she too in love to stop it until it's too late?

jasa: i liked the kyp-mara dialogue. they barely talk usually, and when they do, they fight.

It's kind of like writing Kyp and Corran, but Mara's so much wittier than Corran, and there's more tension between them.

I liked the family scene too, Jacen as a daddy made me smile

I hope he can decide to let the whole family play... cause it is awfully cute.

Super_Jemi : Not even his twin sister could be trusted with something as precious as Allana.

Now, see, maybe five or ten years ago she probably would have been the first if not only person he told. He's going dwn a path that no one is going to be able to help him with if he doesn't let them, but I guess that's the point, isn't it?

Ever since Jacen was captured and "befriended" by the chicken, he and Jaina have been drifting apart. Coincedence? I think not. Especially if you've read Betrayal. It makes sense. Damn the chicken, see above comments.

NYCitygurl: Jacen's dreams of ju

8. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Slightly late birthday wishes to our fearless beta-reader, NYCitygurl. [:D]

Chapter 8

?Jag, I?m here. Jag,? Jaina moaned in her sleep. Mara leaned over the bed and brushed a damp cloth over her niece?s forehead.

?Baby, it?s alright. He?s safe, Jaina, it?s gonna be okay.? Through the Force, she sent thoughts of peace toward Jaina. As she did so, she noticed a tentative brush through the Force toward Jaina. The new presence was intimately familiar to her, and she turned around to see her son staring at Jaina.

?Mom, what?s wrong with Jaina?? Ben Skywalker asked from the foot of the bed. When his father had returned to their quarters without Mara, it hadn?t taken Ben long to find his way to the infirmary. ?She?s really thin. Is she sick??

?Jaina?s been fighting in the war. She hasn?t been getting the rest and nutrition that she needs. Things have been very difficult for her the last few months.?

?Are the Gorog gone, Mom??

?Yes, Ben.?

?But Jaina was protecting the nests. No one can beat Jaina.? Mara wished that were true. She knew that Ben was almost more fond of Jaina than of Jacen. Though she hadn?t been in a position to give Ben any training in over a year, Mara had always hoped that maybe it would be Jaina who would train him when the time came. It was a selfish desire, but she hoped that having Jaina for a Master would help Ben come to understand Mara herself.

?Jaina realized that there were bad things directing the nests, and she turned away from them. The Force told her to end the war, to end her struggle.?

?Is that why she?s so tired?? Ben looked skeptically at his cousin, and then his mother. He had almost become a Joiner like Jaina had. He sat down nest to her and squeezed her hand.

?She?s also learned a way to communicate over very long distances through the Force, but it was very draining on her.?

?Does the Force always take from you??

Mara thought hard for a moment. Leave it to a nine-year-old to ask the really tough questions. It was one of the heartbreaks of Mara?s life: the son of the greatest Jedi in the galaxy was wary of the Force. The pain he felt from his cousins over the years had given him no reason to change his position. ?The Force is part of us all. It?s in everything. It binds the galaxy together, so yes, it takes, but it also gives.?

?It looks like it took too much from Jaina,? Ben said worriedly.

?Jaina found out what she needed to. I?m sure she?s fine with what it took to get it.?

?Oh.? The child?s look became one of scrutiny. His cousin didn?t seem like the person he remembered. Was Jaina really there? He concentrated on her, and his mother's words drifted over him.

?She was very worried about someone, and now she knows that he?s all right.? Mara smiled, and ran her hand down Jaina?s cheek. She focused on the bond she and Jaina shared. Now you need to get better, Jaina. I?ve never been so worried for you. Get better, and then you can go after Jag.

?She seems different, like she?s more at peace now.?

?Keep trusting those instincts, Ben.? For the first time since the end of the war, Mara smiled.

?She was right here, Zekk, where?d she go? I felt her. She was holding me, whispering to me.? Jag was sitting up, and Zekk knelt by his side.

?Jaina is far away,? he explained. ?But through the Force she was here with you. She only brushed through my feelings, but you were not dreaming. It was her you felt.?

Jag looked down and realized he was sitting up. ?How did I heal so fast??

?Not fast. It has been almost five days since I put you in the trance. Evidently you have healed, though we don?t recommend you trying to walk just yet.

Jag ignored the warnings of his companion. ?Zekk, we have to get off Tenupe. I?ve got to get to her. This war, our reticence, it?s ridiculous. How did I ever fight against her??

?She felt that you were being stubborn. She understood.? Zekk remembered Jaina?s thoughts. The only feeling that he had known from her in the first months of their Joining had been

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Stupid Chiss, oh, poor Jag and I even feel sorry for Zekk.

And the first scene with Mara and Ben was wonderful, and me who doesn?t know much to nothing about the EU books could feel like I did just by reading that scene, well actually the whole story, amazing job as always padawanlost=D= and thanks for the pm[:D].

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Lovely scene between Mara and ben there. [face_love] [face_love] It feels like the main reason Zekk is assisting Jag is becasue of his love for Jaina. How sad. :( :(

Okay, why did the Chiss just shoot the both of them??

Excellent post padawanlost.

11. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    the former assassin as a mom. i love it. not much between them in betrayal.

12. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    I agree with Star Angel...stupid Chiss! Another great post Paddy!

Mara had always hoped that maybe it would be Jaina who would train him when the time came. It was a selfish desire, but she hoped that having Jaina for a Master would help Ben come to understand Mara herself.

Oh...what a lovely insight here! This is an amazing story.

Well done! =D=

13. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update! The scene with Mara and Ben watching over Jaina was so sweet. With love surrounding her like that-- I hope that she is able to heal faster.

[face_worried] and the Chiss seem to think that Jag just turned traitor. I'm very glad that he can walk again.

Looking forward to the next one!

jcs

14. Super_Jemi

Super_Jemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    Wow, there's alot going on.

Mara wished that were true. She knew that Ben was almost more fond of Jaina than of Jacen. Though she hadn?t been in a position to give Ben any training in over a year, Mara had always hoped that maybe it would be Jaina who would train him when the time came. It was a selfish desire, but she hoped that having Jaina for a Master would help Ben come to understand Mara herself.

I enjoyed tht paragraph. It showed Mara's more, I don't want to say human, but softer side I guess. She trained Jaina like she had been her daughter, and wanted Jaina to train her son, all coming full circle.

Very wonderful update!

15. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

Star_Angel: Stupid Chiss, oh, poor Jag and I even feel sorry for Zekk.

Not the most trusting bunch, the Chiss. I'm glad you, and everyone, liked the part between Mara and Ben. Thanks to NYCGurl for convincing me to keep it in this chapter [:D]

Healer_Leona : It feels like the main reason Zekk is assisting Jag is becasue of his love for Jaina. How sad.

Yeah, it is sad. Initially Zekk was very messed up by the joining. Now he realizes that Jag is at least being fare to him. They're each helping the other heal more than they realize. But yes, deep down he can't bear to think of Jaina being hurt.

jasa: the former assassin as a mom. i love it. not much between them in betrayal.

Not much, though we have eight more books. It better not stay the Jacen and Luke show :(

Jade_Pilot : Oh...what a lovely insight here!

It makes sense that Jaina could help Ben connect to his mom, like Mara helped her connect with Leia. Thanks!

jaina_clan_solo: The scene with Mara and Ben watching over Jaina was so sweet. With love surrounding her like that-- I hope that she is able to heal faster.

With good medical care, love, and the force, we'll see in the next post that Jaina is a lot farther along in her recovery than Zekk. She's going to need it too.

and the Chiss seem to think that Jag just turned traitor. I'm very glad that he can walk again.

Bingo! Once you join, you don't turn back. Maybe that's just a convienent way for the Chiss to get rid of political enemies? And luckily for Jag, Zekk seems to have spent much more time learning to heal others than some of the other Jedi in Jag's life.

Super_Jemi : It showed Mara's more, I don't want to say human, but softer side I guess.

A side we don't often see unless it's right before a shift to another part of the story. She never gets to be a mom on page, she just gets to play along with Luke. Lets give Mara a chance to be multi-dimensional (yes Legacy writers I'm talking to you[face_laugh])

I'm humbled as always. Thank you all. Next post probably up tomorrow.

16. Starlan

Starlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2004
    Just tuning in, and i have to say that I definitely like it!
    Can't wait for the next post!:D =D=

17. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    I hope this will hold you over for a few days. Enjoy!

Chapter 9

?Uncle Luke, you can?t seriously think it?s a good idea to let Jaina go! After everything she?s been through, shouldn?t she have some time to reflect on what she?s done? She should be exiled like Tesar, Lowbacca, and Tahiri.? Jacen had been arguing before the Council since he had arrived. To Luke?s knowledge, he had only brushed past his parents, and had not visited Jaina.

?I appreciate your concern for Jaina?s safety, something we?re all very mindful of, but Jacen, you seem to worry that this outburst was of the Dark Side. It?s something I fail to sense.?

?Master, I said it was overly emotional, not of the Dark Side. I worry that her volatile emotions will get the better of her. She is new to such power, unlike some of us in this room, and it will be a difficult time for her, as she learns to wield the power.? Jacen was swaying the opinions of the Council. He had sensed the fears that many of them had regarding his sister, and was skillfully manipulating them. It was easier than swaying his parents or sister. He thanked his Solo luck that his mother did not have a seat on the Council.

?This reluctance, I assume, has something to do with Jaina?s actions during the war?? Kyp Durron asked Jacen.

?Obviously; she refused to obey Master Skywalker. She fought against the Galactic Alliance. Even if she?s my sister, it gives me cause to stop and wonder if letting her immediately go back to her life is the best thing.?

?My findings seem to indicate that it is easier for Joiners to escape their indoctrination if they are quickly re-assimilated into their old lives. This was data I gathered from you, Jedi Solo, Jedi Sebatyne, Jedi Lowbacca, and Jedi Veila, as well as your sister?s recent experiences. Her recovery has only heightened since her, experience,? Cilghal interjected. She was sufficiently impressed with Jaina?s recovery after three days in the infirmary and she was amiable to releasing her into her parent?s custody for continued observation, just to be safe.

?So the Council has decided to let her go? Do you not feel the chaos around her? It doesn?t make me happy to say this, but I believe Jaina is a threat, a threat to peace in the galaxy.? Jacen caught his uncle?s blue eyes, driving his point deep inside the mind behind them. Luke shook his head lightly.

?Why don?t we see what Jaina has to say before condemn her?? Mara questioned snidely. The door to the chamber whisked open and Jaina entered, flanked by her parents. She was dressed in simple flight coveralls, like she always wore, in a naval grey. Over her shoulders she had draped a deep amethyst cloak, the hood of which hung down her back. She was a completely different person than the broken woman who had landed aboard Millennium Falcon.

?We?re all glad you are well enough to be with us today,? Luke began. ?We have some questions for you.?

?Hasn?t my brother answered for me already? Isn?t this a confirmation of whatever he decided?? She glared vibroblades at her brother and pushed hard down their twin bond. She felt nothing but coldness in Jacen. Mara smiled to her, and sent: Good job. Remember, I, Me, Mine, don't let them think you're still a Joiner.

?Jaina, Jacen has valid opinions. We?re listening to every opinion before any decisions are made.? Luke looked back, pleading with her.

?Please don?t make this more difficult, Jaina,? Kyle Katarn spoke up.

Corran asked her the first question. ?Why didn?t you respond to Master Skywalker?s summons??

?We, Zekk and I, were still Joined at the time, even though the nest had given us up. The information we received from Jacen made it seem that the Killiks were about to be slaughtered by the Chiss, which was evidentiallyproven correct. We knew we had a higher duty, in preventing their deaths.?

?By causing death?? Tresina Lobi asked, shocked at Jaina?s logic.

?If that is the level of force required,? Jaina retorted. ?I don?t know of anyone in this room who has not had to use dea

18. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    First post!! Woohoo! I just want to smack Jacen so bad!

Nice work, Paddy.

?I never did like this kriffin? planet,? Han muttered as the doors shut behind them.

I'm with you, Han!

Well done!=D=

19. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Ch. 8
    Jag and Zekk both stunned by the Chiss...I have a bad feeling about this.

Maybe, Han and Jaina will have to rescue them.

And yippee...Jag can walk.

Ch. 9
    Wow...that was powerful.

I loved the showdown b/w Jaina and Jason. A family war has begun.

Han's comment at the end...priceless.

Great writing=D=

20. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    oh, i really like this story. i almost cried during the part where jag drops out of the clawcraft. great job!

please add me to the PM list.

21. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    ?As am I, but why did you do it, Jaina?? Jacen pushed.

Is it just me or dose Jacen sounds jealous? Cuz with Jaina?s new powers he might not be the most powerful of the Solo twins anymore, well, it might just be me, I don?t know much about the EU.
    Well, I always liked Jacen but I?m not sure if I do so anymore, I mean, I can understand that he wants to protect his daughter but this is the wrong way of doing so.

Han was halfway to Luke before the Jedi had finished his sentence. Leia caught up to him, grabbing his arm and stopping him just before he was about to speak. He looked around the room. The Jedi Council was afraid to look him in the eye.

I wish that Leia did not stop him cuz I want to know what he would have told them.

Jaina reached down to her belt, and removed her lightsaber. ?Here. I suppose you want this; it will appease your sense of decorum.? She placed the cylindrical hilt into Luke?s waiting hand. He took it and turned, walking back to his seat.

----------------

Her parents looked scornfully at their oldest friend and confidant, wondering what had happened to his compassion.

I?ve always pictured Luke to be the forgiving one I mean his father was Darth Vader for God?s sake and he forgave him, no, you know what I don?t understand him right now.

?I am a Jedi, no matter what you try to take away from me. I won't let this betrayal drive me away from what I've committed my life to.? One tear dripped down to her cheek.

Well, Jaina, I?m behind you to 100% after that.

She spun on the ball of her foot, and stepped quickly to the door.

Poor Jaina, I hope that she will be alright and that she now go and try to find Jag.

As they turned and left the room, neither made eye contact with Jaina?s sibling.

I would do the same thing, or maybe I should say I wouldn?t do the same thing, me, I would have got up and shout at him until he came crawling back and beg Jaina for forgiveness.

I loved that ending; it was something about it that made me want to read it over and over again, amazing update and thanks for the pm.

22. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Ooo, poor Jaina and poor Jag!

23. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    cant wait to see what happens next!

edit: spelling

24. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    =D= This is good=D=

=D= I really like Jaina in this story=D=

More soon please=D=

25. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Eeep! I missed one. I really liked Zekk's honesty with Jag, despite how it could have not been easy to admit what he did, not to mention the way he protected Jag when he could have run to save his own skin. He obviously sensed that the Chiss weren't just going to great Jag with open arms, either. Comparing this Zekk with the rather obsessed, controlling one through the hive nest I've seen other authors paint him as, I think I find this reaction and characterization a bit more true to character.

That said, I think this dark, controlling Jacen - as he's headed in the books and I've seen in numerous fics now - is probably the most scary Dark Side user I've ever seen because he's so calm, controlled and uncaring about what he's doing. He doesn't even get worked up or show anger about it, list most Sith/Dark Jedi we've seen do. Creepiness!

I was disappointed Jaina was suspended after all, it's disappointing to see Luke give in like that, although I'm glad that Han, Leia, Mara and Kyp are on her side. And it's frustrating that Jacen won that part of the battle! Uurrgghh he makes me mad, although I think he would make me a lot madder if he didn't creep me out so much!

Keep up the great updates!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.