main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Without You, I'm Nothing: J/J post-Swarm War, Completed, 9/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawanlost, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nicely written =D= Luke is so playing favorites, which makes me mad, but it certainly sticks with canon!! Poor Jaina; Luke didn't take Han and Leia's advise to go easy and let her heal. I think she should just go rogue--and rescue Jag, of course :)

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Jacen doesn't exactly seem the forgiving type. [face_thinking]

?Because I realized that we made a mistake. Do you remember what mistakes are, Jacen, even if you no longer believe yourself capable of making them?...

I agree with her assessment here, pretty much how he sounds. o_O

?I never did like this kriffin? planet,? Han muttered as the doors shut behind them.

Han summed it up rather well.

4. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :_| I think that the disintegration of Jaina and Jacen's relationship is one of the saddest things. They were each other's best friend for so long. [face_frustrated] and I'm not even going to get into what I think of Luke anymore.

Good for Jaina, holding her head high and sticking up for what she believes. It seems that she may have inherited more of her mother's grace than anyone ever thought.

Great job! oh... now Jaina can go after Jag :D

jcs

5. Super_Jemi

Super_Jemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    It was uber fab, as usual!

?Master, I said it was overly emotional, not of the Dark Side. I worry that her volatile emotions will get the better of her..."

Hello Pot, meet Kettle.

He thanked his Solo luck that his mother did not have a seat on the Council.

Somehow, I don't think that's what Solo Luck does, kid.[face_shame_on_you]

?Why don?t we see what Jaina has to say before condemn her?? Mara questioned snidely.

Mara smiled to her, and sent: Good job. Remember, I, Me, Mine, don't let them think you're still a Joiner.

I love Mara!!! It's a really cool thing to have a bond like that with your Aunt. Makes family vacations much more fun.

?Uncle Luke, if you think that my efforts were a comfortable exertion, then think again. I was out for eighteen hours afterward. It was an interesting technique, but it will take a lot more training to become practical. It was worth it??

She's got a really good point...

?As am I, but why did you do it, Jaina?? Jacen pushed. Now he drew a look from his mother: his father still watching him, distrusting, out of one eye.

He's going to be in so much trouble with them that I know I'm going to laugh so hard...

"...I had to know that Jag?Captain Fel,? she said, correcting her familiar use of his name, ?was alright.?

Squee! [face_love]

The room sat in silence, shocked at the disintegration of the Solo family before their eyes.

Who else wants to bet that's coming?

Jaina reached down to her belt, and removed her lightsaber. ?Here. I suppose you want this; it will appease your sense of decorum.? She placed the cylindrical hilt into Luke?s waiting hand. He took it and turned, walking back to his seat.

Why do they only give up the purple ones? I like the purple ones...

?I never did like this kriffin? planet,? Han muttered as the doors shut behind them.
    [face_laugh]

6. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

Jade_Pilot:

I just want to smack Jacen so bad!

Then I consider myself successful for the moment.

PRINCESSCAMBRIA:

Maybe, Han and Jaina will have to rescue them.

Maybe...

Han's comment at the end...priceless.

my personal opinion is that the EU writers will never kill Han Solo off, because no one can deliver lines like he can and get away with it. He's way too much fun.

aurrasingrules101

Welcome aboard. I promise some happy tears before its all through.

Star_Angel :

Is it just me or dose Jacen sounds jealous? Cuz with Jaina?s new powers he might not be the most powerful of the Solo twins anymore, well, it might just be me, I don?t know much about the EU.
    Well, I always liked Jacen but I?m not sure if I do so anymore, I mean, I can understand that he wants to protect his daughter but this is the wrong way of doing so.

Jealous, and scared. Not good emotions for a young Jedi to be holding onto. He definitely would have been considered the stronger Jedi of the two (unjustly) since piloting was considered Jaina's best talent.

I would have got up and shout at him until he came crawling back and beg Jaina for forgiveness.

Well, Han's going to probably go threaten Threepio to get his mind off Jacen, but fighting with Jacen is something even Han knows is best for the confines of the Falcon. Who needs the Jedi council watching that kind of moment. Or maybe all Solo family discussions should be on Myrkr, with plenty of Ysalamari around, just in case anyone's feeling a little dark that day?

Mirax_Corran :

Things really aren't going there way right now. At least Jaina hasn't been stunned lately.

jasa:

Next post is in the works. :)

G__Anakin :

I really like Jaina in this story

[face_blush] I've always identified with her the most of the Solo kids, and have really been trying to make her a compelling character. We're both very prototypical oldest children, even if she's only five minutes older than Jacen- he was much more immature than she was. She also has her father's damn-the-consequences attitude, and that just about sums up my life. I don't have the Solo luck however...

jedi_master_gimpy :

Comparing this Zekk with the rather obsessed, controlling one through the hive nest I've seen other authors paint him as, I think I find this reaction and characterization a bit more true to character.

I've never had anything against Zekk, and he has been getting a lot of flak lately- scapegoat for Jaina's behavior, and the target of J/J shippers everywhere. I think Jag's better for her, but that's based on her interests and personality. He is a nice guy, and he's on his way to being a Jedi again too.

I think this dark, controlling Jacen - as he's headed in the books and I've seen in numerous fics now - is probably the most scary Dark Side user I've ever seen because he's so calm, controlled and uncaring about what he's doing.

And he's just getting started. That's the creepy part. I hope Tenel Ka doesn't continue to play the Padme to her love's impending darkness [face_worried]

And it's frustrating that Jacen won that part of the battle! Uurrgghh he makes me mad, although I think he would make me a lot madder if he didn't creep me out so much!

[face_blush] I'm honored that Jacen's really creeping you out that much. I do have to admit when I wrote the part where they used there bond to speak to each other, and he responds to her saying that Jedi save lives, with "That's where your're wrong," I gave myself shivers.

NYCitygurl :

Luke is so playing favorites, which makes me mad, but it certainly sticks with canon!!

Unfortunately, he is. But then again we all have our favorites, and some day Luke may figure it out.

I think she should just go rogue--and rescue Jag, of course

Of course, but the Chiss aren't the most secretive race in the galaxy cau

7. Wraiths_Ghost

Wraiths_Ghost Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2006
    Oh my gosh! :eek:

8. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Indeed, and that's nothing compared to what's next...

9. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Warning: this post could be upsetting due to it's violent nature.

Chapter 10

?Traitor, I have some questions for you.? The officer struck Jag in the stomach with a stun stick. He coughed. A warm metallic taste filled his mouth, and as his assailant came closer Jag was quick to spit the mouthful of blood across the man?s blue face and down the front of his pristine uniform.

The man stepped back and wiped the blood from his face.

?I?m not a traitor. The Chiss have always had my loyalty. Do you realize what I gave up for the Ascendancy?? Jag?s mind immediately recalled his experience three days before when Jaina had touched him through the Force. The smile forming on his face turned bittersweet as he realized his lip was split.

?How human. Only your losses are remembered, your sacrifices.? To some Chiss, the idea of having outsiders such as the Fels live among them had never been a comfortable one. The way the man said ?human? like an insult angered Jag. The stun stick struck again, and Jag?s attention shifted to his burning stomach. ?What have you given to the Jedi?

?Jedi?? Jag coughed out again. ?Zekk saved my life. I owe him the same. He healed me with the Force, and all you seem to be interested in is undoing all of his hard work.? Jag clicked his tongue, chidingly. ?Not very respectful.?

The man stepped closer, his eyes glowing maliciously. ?I have no respect for Joiners.? A backhanded strike hit Jag?s jaw. Its momentum knocked Jag and the chair to the floor. Jag?s hands were still securely fastened behind him. He looked up into a shadow, as his attacker stood in front of the ceiling glowpanel.

?And I thought we never attacked first.?

The Chiss looked down, and walked closer to Jag. ?You were never one of us.? One well-placed kick to his wounded stomach and Jag screamed in pain. He suppressed it almost as soon as he had let it out, biting down hard.

?I?m surprised; you scream almost like your sister. I?ve always remembered her cries. You didn?t actually think she met the death of a Chiss warrior, did you?? Jag tried to focus on the voice, to stay conscious, but the pain coursing through his body was shutting down his senses one by one. Who was this monster lying about Cherith?

?Where is Jaina Solo? We know you spared her life on Tenupe, and now we capture you in company of her paramour. It leaves too many questions, Fel.? The man?s boot connected again with Jag?s body, striking his legs, arms, and stomach. Still lying on the floor, with no ability to get up, Jag took the blows. What can they want with Jaina?

?Tell me, Fel, where is she? I want to kill the woman who destroyed my family!? With the man?s admission, a sharp kick snapped against Jag?s head. Blackness closed around him, but his thoughts were far away, with someone his captor considered a murderer.

Oh, Jaina, what have you done?

On the other side of heavy one-way transparasteel, Aristocra Chaf?orm?bintrano watched the unconscious Jagged Fel, and smiled. To his right, a blood-covered Colonel Vrath?oru?nistis entered the room and nodded toward the Aristocra.

?He is most resilient.?

Formbi shook his head in acknowledgement. ?But was it wise to reveal so much of what has been done, and what you plan to do? I fear we misjudge the abilities of the Jedi-loving traitor and his little Joiner.?

"I am counting on his emotional anguish to bring her to us. The surrounding ysalamari will keep her from feeling his pain until I want her to discover his feelings. Until then, he will be drowned in the despair over her prolonged absence. And when she arrives, he will be broken, and that will break her,? Thourn hissed with self-serving pleasure. ?Admitting my part in Cherith Fel?s murder was only part of the anguish he deserves. I?m saving the best for later.?

Formbi looked at Thourn disapprovingly. He was sadistic, maniacal, and bloodthirsty, but he had his uses. The tragedy of his family?s Joining to the Taat nest years before was a fuel for his hatred that knew no

10. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    :eek: Great but chilling update, thanks for the pm but the link doesn?t work.

I wonder what the Chiss meant with all of that. But he heart Jag so I don?t really care.

There was something that I was going to ask you:

[face_thinking]

[face_thinking]

[face_thinking]

Right, can I kill that Chiss? Cuz I can do it in silent and no one has to know;).

11. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    [face_shame_on_you] to me for bad links. I should probably put my contacts in so I can see.

As to killing the Chiss, you can if you want to... but think how much fun Jaina's going to have later?

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt. The worst part, though, was that they had Cherith murdered :( And what are they going to do with Zekk? I might not mind it if they let him live now . . . and poor Jaina. They really don't need to get her :(

Nice job, though :)

13. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    and so the plot thickens...

great update!

14. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Aurra, and NYCGurl,

The plot is thickening. I didn't want everyone to go off on a Jacen-hating tantrum, when I had these two lurking the whole time. Not that Jacen doesn't deserve it...

Since I finished TSW, the scene where Formbi refuses Jedi assistance in the search for Jag has always bothered me. I saw the seeds for this part of the story there. For some reason, he didn't seem interested in finding Jag, heres a reason why.

These guys have had it in for the Fel's for quite a while. I never was comfortable with Cherith's death. Here it has a reason to be uncomfortable. And we know it's going to make Jag very angry. Though the Chiss obviously have little experience with angry Corellians, or they wouldn't be messing with Jag and Jaina.

Thanks for the quick responses [face_blush] :)

15. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update! (and the second link worked perfectly ;) )

Poor Jag :( to find out that his sister was murdered by the people he accepted as his own.. and then now they're planning to use Jaina against him :_|

I think that you handled that scene well-- you got the point across without going overboard. Nicely done.

I'm looking forward to the next part!

jcs

16. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Oh no!!! You hurt Jag! :_| Evil Chissies[face_devil] I hope that you do some real mean things to them in the next chapters.

The Chiss murdered Cherith? Oh my god! Did they kill Davin, too? You made Formbi truly evil in this story. That's alright. I never liked him anyways.

Keep up the good work. Oh, and the second link worked just fine.

17. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
  18. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    You know you're doing a good job when you creep yourself out writing it! :) Keep up the creepy Jacen - he may give me chills, but it's very well written! [face_worried]

As for this last post...poor Jag! he's getting hounded and asked questions he really can't answer since they just want to draw Jain to him. Formbi's pretty devious there, willing to use those around them when they suit his purposes so smoothly.

As to killing the Chiss, you can if you want to... but think how much fun Jaina's going to have later? Lol, no kidding! I imagine she'll have some fun with Formbi as well, unless Jag finds out and gets to him first...

Keep up the great updates! =D=

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Dang, poor Jag. That is definitely a man with a grudge. Idiot doesn't even know how he's being used and then discarded. [face_frustrated]

20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    :_| Make it all better!

Good update BTW. =D=

21. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Oh PLEASE!
    SOMEBODY just kill Jacen and Formbi and get it over with!
    Just think of all the trouble and pain that could be avoided!!!
    Great fic!
    Can't wait to see where it goes!

22. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    That was a powerful chapter-very intriguing.

I always felt Formbi was too slick since reading about him in "Survior's Quest" and now "Outbound Flight".

Gives [:D] to Jag so he feels better soon**slips him a blaster and a vibroblade**

Looking forward to more soon[face_dancing]

23. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

jaina_clan_solo :

Poor Jag to find out that his sister was murdered by the people he accepted as his own.. and then now they're planning to use Jaina against him

Not the nicest bunch. I'd say Jag may have to look closer at his loyalties when this is all over, if Jaina doesn't wipe out the whole Ascendancy before then.

JainaJag14:

Oh no!!! You hurt Jag! Evil Chissies I hope that you do some real mean things to them in the next chapters.

The Chiss murdered Cherith? Oh my god! Did they kill Davin, too? You made Formbi truly evil in this story. That's alright. I never liked him anyways.

We'll see what happened to Davin soon, and more of an explanation of Cherith's death too. I've never liked Formbi either, so he's naturally a villian to me, and easier to stomach doing bad things with than Jacen.

jasa :

wow

As long as it's a good wow.

jedi_master_gimpy :

poor Jag! he's getting hounded and asked questions he really can't answer since they just want to draw Jain to him. Formbi's pretty devious there, willing to use those around them when they suit his purposes so smoothly.

I was thinking of Vader torturing Han in ESTB. Formbi knows if Jag and Zekk suffer, Jaina will come for them. He just wants to make sure they can't help her by the time she crosses the galaxy to save them. Thourn is devious, but blinded by hatred, and Formbi uses that blindness to manipulate him: a perfect henchman.

Healer_Leona:

Dang, poor Jag. That is definitely a man with a grudge. Idiot doesn't even know how he's being used and then discarded.

Bad guys have such healthy relationships, and are so fun to write, especially when one is much smarter, or stronger than the other. All these flags are making me sorry I don't have cable to watch the World Cup :(

Jade_Pilot :

:_| Make it all better!

Don't worry, Jaina just has to pack, and she'll be on the way. Now where did I put those thermal detonators?

Jedi_Vai:

Oh PLEASE!
    SOMEBODY just kill Jacen and Formbi and get it over with!
    Just think of all the trouble and pain that could be avoided!!!

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Don't worry, no one gets off easy when they mess with the Solo's, or Fel's. And Jacen better watch himself too: he has some pretty angry parents right about now.

PRINCESSCAMBRIA:

always felt Formbi was too slick since reading about him in "Survior's Quest" and now "Outbound Flight".

Gives to Jag so he feels better soon**slips him a blaster and a vibroblade**

Formbi is way too slick. I trust Pwoe and Fyor Rodan more, and they could make me root for the Sith to take over again.

Maybe we should bake Jag a Clawcraft shaped cake? They'll never suspect at thing...

24. Super_Jemi

Super_Jemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    "I am counting on his emotional anguish to bring her to us. The surrounding ysalamari will keep her from feeling his pain until I want her to discover his feelings. Until then, he will be drowned in the despair over her prolonged absence. And when she arrives, he will be broken, and that will break her,?

[face_hypnotized]

The worst part is, that's actually a really good plan that coul in theory work very well...

?Admitting my part in Cherith Fel?s murder was only part of the anguish he deserves. I?m saving the best for later.?

Dude! I just got back from work, this isn't fun..

For too long he'd tried to rid himself of the last Fel heir. The daughter Wyn would be no problem. Jag was different. Even the Yuuzhan Vong hadn?t been able to kill the boy. He had returned a revered combat leader, and the family?s status amongst the ruling families had only grown. But love could be much more dangerous than war. Fel?s love for the Jedi girl who had joined the Killiks would be his undoing.

Why the torture of the Jag? I love the Jag...

25. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Sorry Super, I didn't mean to ruin your evening. I've got some mush on the way to make things better.

And don't worry, Jag will be alright. Formbi obviously has no idea what he's inviting on himself...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.