main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Witness the Beginning

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by RooHo, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RooHo

RooHo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2006
    Star wars
    Fan film
    Casting Call

A millennium before the fall of the republic
    It was believed they were Eradicated
    One Survived
    He would forge a new Doctrine
    Stealth
    Secrecy
    Would be valued above All
    You?ve seen the End
    Now witness the Beginning
    It is your Destiny

Volunteers needed
    Wrapping up 12+months of preproduction
    Principle photography early spring 2007

Seeking
    1-male 5-4 to 5-8ft, 18-25 years, athletic build for lead roll
    2 -male 5-10 to 6+ft, 18-25 years, athletic build for sith guards
    1female 5-4 to 6ft, 18-25 years, athletic build for apprentice
    1-male 6-4 to 7+ft, over 18, normal build for guardian
    1-male 6 to 6-5ft, early-mid forties, normal build for Jedi Master

Camera assistant, sound person, gaffer
    Assistant director of photography-
    Would consider, if one had a reel I could view

Extras
    All and any type
    Needing those with their own costumes- Jedi and Sith
    If you would like to be in a Star Wars movie here?s your chance[face_praying]

In return
    Food/drinks, experience, Fun,
    Copy of movie and credit for your part
    Transportation and lodging to distance locals

The film will be shot in high definition wide screen format
    And with a bit of fate, destined for film festivals and Comic-Con
    This a non-profit venture

May the force be with you

For more info contact us
    resurrectbane@yahoo.com

For convenience, interested individuals should live in close proximity to Vacaville, California.
    A large portion of the shoot will take place on a private ranch located 11 miles north of Vacaville. Set construction is already under way. This is no joke. Serious inquires only- please.

Cast and crew assembled to date
    Writer/Director/ Producer- Rick J. Johnson
    DP- Kent Morris
    PD- Donato Cocuzza
    Key Grip- R.D Johnson/ Chris Coates
    PA- Kerri L. Johnson
    Swing Guy- Eric Genis
    Sound person- seeking
    Gaffer- seeking
    Camera assistant- seeking
    Makeup - Jennifer Genis

Cast
    Siris- seeking
    Voko- Jeff Graska
    Tiris- Jake Victor
    Virus (female apprentice) - seeking
    Guard 1 (Zed) - seeking
    Guard 2 (Like the old westerns, he has no name) ? seeking
    Guardian- seeking
    Lord Hoth- seeking
    Lord Kaan- Tony Crockett
    Commander Bane- John Johnson
    Dead Man- Chris Coates
    Guard 3- Dave Jones

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Lemme know what I can do to help out, or as an extra if you like. :)

3. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i can do the camera assistant, and anything else having to do with the technical aspect of the film.

4. Womprat429

Womprat429 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    I am 6'4", could be a bit taller with the right shoes! :) I would love to play any role needed in the film and help out with whatever I can behind the scenes. I met you at the last meeting, you showed me a pic of the guardian.

5. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I would like to help out also if I may. :D

6. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I will like to but with might flash video or flash effects? :confused:

Behind scenes possible?

If someone can give me a ride I will go. [face_blush]

7. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] Hey RooHo

I have been wanting to help out scence you told me about it.

8. RooHo

Oct 4, 2006
    The time is getting near my friends. All who answer the call will be called upon when the time is ripe. Others and I have been building "things" for over a year now and like pieces to a puzzle, events must take their place in a specific order. I would like to thank everyone for their past comments/posts, encouragement, and praise. It is truly appreciated and heart felt.

Things to keep in the back of your mind;

Virtual all shooting will be performed on weekends. Hence- if you have those days off, bet your billfold you?ll be contacted- weeks in advance of course. Don?t? get fired over some silly SW flick. And if one has no personal transport, I believe if enough are involved this can be over come.

Sets take time to build. The construction of the first set is almost complete. It?s a cave eighteen feet across by forty feet in length, and more than twelve feet high. We refer to it as the War Room. Two additional sets must be created after filming is completed on the first. It would be great to receive input and a hand on the others. And yes, I have to demo the cave before we begin again.

Shooting will begin in March and will be irregular through July. This sounds long, but that is the only way to schedule this beast of a thing I?ve created. Actually there are only ten shooting days. Two separate weekends to remote locals; one not reachable and mostly unaccommodating this time of year and the other well we?ll just say the best time to shoot is spring. It?s the only time it will look right.
    The rest will be local. The cave is set to shoot in March followed by what we call the Podium Sanctuary. This will be followed by Green/Blue shoot. Basically all interior shots will be filmed during the cold months and we?ll move outside when spring rolls around.

Womprat429- If your interested in the guardian pm me and we?ll set up an audition.:cool:

Qui-gundi-15- I replied to your pm and gave you my #. Haven?t heard from you.
    There are things to discuss. Call me, times is wasting?.[face_whistling]

Avalyn07 & PattyBo123- I don?t mean to be presumptuous but I was wondering if you could help with a particular item. I?ve designed all of the male clothing, but I?m having trouble with the female sith costume. Maybe we could knock a few heads around and come up with a design so I can then have it crafted.
    Sexy but clothed. After all it is a kid movie. Let me know. :-B

RussellStansBery2- Hey bud, I know you?ve been dieing to help and it?s got to be tough to be without transport, but hang in and we?ll work something out. This thing is just beginning.:_|

And finally Mr. LDV- Hmmmm. I just may have something for you my wise friend. How about a Jedi Master? If you?re up to it I am still searching for Lord Hoth. I picture him standing in a great valley high above the sith that are hunkered down below him in vast underground caverns. There is a great army behind him, The Army of Light. And with his weapon drawn and held high, Master Hoth commands Lord Kaan and his Army of Darkness to surrender. With a great beckoning Lord Hoth calls out, ?KAAN!? [face_thinking]

Sometimes I can?t help myself, and I was wondering if you may be interested in a prop swap of sorts. I noticed you had if I recall, a data chip and a hand held holo projector. I could use those for a particular scene if you could part with them when needed, and I could do the same for you. I have plenty to choose from. Chew on it. With our combined force it may be beneficial to the group as a whole, and be recognize far beyond all expatiation. With C4 coming possibilities abound. If I can finagle it I would like to attend. I have never been to a SW convention or anything like that, and I?d hate to miss this one. Very interested in the press credentials, after all I do have HD equipment??.;)

One final thought before I sing off. Where can I find nearly two hundred Jedi and about fifty Sith for a partial days shoot? That?s the one I haven?t figured out yet, but I?m chewing on it. [face_worried]

Later???.

9. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i'll call you as soon as i can buddy, and here is my number just in case you need it as well

916 308 4122

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Oh yeah, I am so there with you!! Let me know when and where!!!

11. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Sounds like a plan I'll see what I can come up with. Are you looking for a hint or type of influence in the design, Like Asian, Nordic or Alien etc....?

12. RooHo

Oct 4, 2006
    The furthest I?ve gotten is black leather pants, black boots and I?m drawing a blank for the top half of the ensemble. The leather will fit in with the rest of the men and I possibly may want to ad some type of armor to her outfit. I also wasn?t planning on putting her in sith style robe either. This has been a tough one. I do not wish to go to elaborate, or to plain. The costume needs to be very functional for combat- a lot of free movement and still show her figure. Smoke is exiting form my ears. If time line makes any difference, it is a thousand years before the fall of the Republic. Nordic sounds interesting. [face_dancing]

13. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well I'm in Fairfield. I can help out. I work Mon thru Fri only, so I have weekends off.

14. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Okies I can work next week in some ideas and also I can ask some female friends who designed some Sith outfits for a fan film.

Might help too. ;)

I am going to use photoshop to design some ideas too.

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Alright, you can pencil me in for the part of Lord Hoth. I'm in ;)

16. RooHo

Oct 4, 2006
    PatttyB0123, Take a look at the link, it may or not give you an idea??????[face_whistling]

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/rick_johnson409/cover_1600x1200.jpg

LDV, you had to think about that one- lol. By the way what is going on with your project?

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    LOL I maybe thought about it for a miliparsec. ;) LOL kidding ... didn't have to think about it!!

As for the project, stuff is there, but personel has changed so much. The only ones I could count on was Hawkster and Qui_Gundi. One scene was fully shot. It's a fantastic story and would love to resurrect it someday. Hawkster, do you still have your sword?

18. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    RooHo, I have a bit of experience with (stage) set construction / design, so if you just need an extra set of hands I'm willing to help out. You seem to have such a great vision -- I'd love to find a way to plug in, so I can watch it unfold! I'm so close, too, so if you just need an extra body to do some running around for stuff, I can do that!

19. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Looks good!

I will put down some ideas.[face_thinking]

20. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yep, I still have my sword. I'm also still interesed in FBL:V, though I have just gotten myself into another musical in Davis, so time is going to be really limited for the next few months.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    No worries Hawkster, it will be quick shoots and mostly around our last location - Folsom Lake. I was out there a couple of days ago, and it's perfect to shoot. No more weeds!! It's all green and beautiful. That's how I originally wanted to film it.

22. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    This sounds like a really great project. I could help out where needed. We have such a talented group!

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes we do. Speaking of which, when FBL:V picks back up, I have a role for you Leia if you would be interested in acting?

24. RooHo

Oct 4, 2006
    LDV,

Know what you mean, it?s very difficult to undertake a project like this without actually paying someone. Everyone is so busy these days. Life has become complex. But I am very grateful to those that do. We should knock heads and take advantage of the situation and see if we both can achieve what we need to make our dreams reality. I know your project has been on the shelf for sometime. It must be a disappointment I know the feeling. I?d tried back 2002 get this project started but as usual crap happens. This time I have a small window to carry it out. One day it will close and if I can?t get it done the dream will remain a dream.I-)

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Very true my friend. Like I said, there were only a couple of people I could count on. But just a couple doesn't get it done. But, the enthusiasm is sitll there to get it done. Maybe you and I can collaberate on it and see if we could get the ball rolling on it as well. ;) I still have all the props. ;)

Also, about this project there are several people I know from San Francisco who would be interested in this project. And most have outstanding and authentic Jedi costumes, as well as a few Sith costumes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.