main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Wizard Chess at MidSouthCon

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Was asked by Greg Bridges at MSC to pass this info along.

I might mention that we plan a game of Wizards Chess on Friday Afternoon. We have a couple chess whizz kids from Memphis Schools play each other on a board large enough to accomdate people in costume in that open area called the Garden Court. This will be about 3pm on Friday and if anyone thinks they can make it we'd LOVE to have them for that. Tell them to get in touch with us as we will need 32 people in costume, of course! This is a dry run for future games but hope to entice a TV station or two to tape it for later. If we know for sure there will be people in costume, we will make arrangements. As it is we will have some cardboard figures for the pieces we don't have real people to play with.

Can you let any of the people you know that are into costumes that we'll be doing this? Just now getting this arranged or would have done it sooner.

Thanks again,
    Greg

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    And chess games can take exactly how long? We could be there for years!!!

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Is it just me or did you just have Mel Brooks flashbacks, too..? Luckily it's kids playing this game who I doubt have seen 'History of the World: Part1"! Could get ugly if some of us con'ers were playing!!!

"Knight jump Queen. Bishop jump Queen- everybody jump Queen!"

It's good to be the king...

Don't know about the time- and if there is a limit. I'll find out and post back.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Can the goofy kid with the blanket, stick, and Filet-o-Fish be the p-boy? (Don't know if I can say that outright around here. I mean, I can say was pissed off about something, but I don't know if I can use it that way!

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    As long as you don't say, "And you look like a bucket of s#*%!"

Well, apparently the chess game is from 3-5pm on Friday. I think I'll do it. Tim, you said you're in right? Anybody else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.