main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Wizard World and Grand Slam

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Sheesh...can there be any more conventions to go to....

Wizard World LA - Long Beach Convention Center
    March 19 - 21, 2004

Kevin Smith is GoH

Collector exclusive - Clonetrooper Pilot GG bust.

Information at Wizard World LA

And then of course there's Grand Slam...

PASADENA, CA
    Fri. Sat. & Sun. MARCH 26 - 28, 2004
    Pasadena Center
    SHOW HOURS: Noon to 6pm Daily

Grand Slam

Click on that link, and then on Convention Events and Tickets, and then on Pasadena, CA.

One right before the other...yikes, an attendee's dream. A reason to be glad I live in SoCal, too :cool:.

2. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    what the heck is GoH?

On the next meeting, we will speak extensively about Comic-Con and Grand Slam. (planning, hotels, rates...etc) Grand Slam should not be overlooked, it is a great opportunity to meet the SW actors. I had an incredible time last year. (ok, on Saturday, not Friday)

3. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Sheesh, ain't you never been to a convention?

GoH is meeting shorthand for Guest of Honor.

Helen

4. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm already planning to attend at least two days of Grand Slam...This time I might even actually wear a costume(not just carry it).
    I'm still undecided about Wizard World, but I might make an effort for one day.

5. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    This is great... I never knew of the existence of so many cons in the region. This is an excellent opportunity for me to "plug in" to the community and gather intelligence for my company. I appreciate the heads up and will make an effort to attend at least one day of both.

6. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have a big announcement regarding Grand Slam, but can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, due to a request. But, it is something we will all be happy about. :)

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Please don't say that... since it's likely I'll miss it. Aww!!!

8. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    DB, don't tell me we will have a distinguished visitor/guest from europe...namely GERMANY who will be wearing a very pretty Padme after dinner, sitting in front of the fireplace, turning down Anikin costume??? ;) :D.

Well, hope the cat gets let outta the bag so i know if it will be worth attending this year as stated, doesn't seem to be as many SW guests/people this year...

9. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Must . . .get . . green . . clopnetooper bust . .
    I wants it

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Very cool bust, CBM!

11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    It's poseable? Wow...

12. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    You guys haven't seen one of the bust before? It's the same as the white one, and the now infamous Blue clonetrooper bust that so many people complained to Gentle giant about last year at Comic-Con. Anyhow, they are really cool. They have interchangeble arms so you can . . interchange the arms.

13. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I had the chance to pick one of the Blue Clonetroopers up at Comic-Con, but I passed it up saying to myself "I don't collect busts anyway"... then I saw them on eBay for over $200. D'oh!

What is Wizard World anyway? What kind of con is it? Sounds interesting though.. anyone going?

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Wizard World is a comics/toys/"Kevin Smith loves Wizard World" show. The exhibitors and most of the special guests are from the comic book side of entertainment. However, Parks Sabers will have a booth.

Helen

15. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Upon web review, I'll be attending at least one day of Wizard World, but probably skipping Grand Slam altogether... I'm only alotted so much time away from Tikei-Fore-Tu-Five, and I think ComicCon will be a better time, as well as a more important event to impose the company on the public at large.

16. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yea, Grand Slam! Yes, come, Marshall, Tonya, and all! Maybe I'll see my archaeology teacher again...

Marshall, (trying to remain calm...) if you're talking about what/WHO you mentioned at that meeting at your house...I'm positively dripping in excitement. :D :D :D

17. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I am planning to go to WizardWorld for one reason and one reason only: Green Clonetrooper. After I get it, I will have a complete set. Yay for me! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.