main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wizard World Boston!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Just wanted to let you all know that I sent another email to the Wizard World people. Hopefully I'll eventually hear back from them.

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Check it out, the guys from Homestarrunner will have a dealers both at the con! Strong bad stuff cheap! :)

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Although it hasn't been announced yet on the official site over at viewaskew.com, Kevin Smith has announced that he will be attending WW Boston on Saturday, 10/1!

Can't wait to see "Silent Bob" in person! :)

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    They've started announcing guests, but unfortunately, no Star Wars actors yet. The only guest that has anything to do with Star Wars so far is the artist, Tommy Lee Edwards. Who will be there? So far, we have Robia LaMorte and Iyari Limon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk" TV series), and Edwin Neal (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). I'm sure there will be more to come, so let's hope for some Star Wars actors. We'd hate to have to wait until Supermegafest to see one in the area. :D

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am kinda looking forward to seeing the Hulk. Lou is one of my favorite bodybuilders well besides Arnold. lol Those two inspired me back when I was just learning how to lift weights. He was always on tv for one of the gyms in the Dayton area when I was growing up. I do believe it was Moore's Natilous or something like that. I may actually try to get his autograph. lol

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Is the guest list set for WW Boston? If it is, then it seems pretty weak IMO. No Star Wars actors? Seems that there is very little SW content over all. Disappointing :(

7. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    the site now lists JAY & SILENT BOB both bein g at WW BOSTON !!!!!

I SEE JAY AND SILENMT BOB STRIKE BACK dvds being possibly signed lol

8. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm hoping they still add some more guests. Thankfully when I was at Wizard World Chicago I was able to get some contact information for someone that helps run the show; I'll be giving her a call this coming week to see about getting a table for our group. Even if there aren't any Star Wars guests, the show will still be fun. There will be no shortage of Star Wars stuff to buy, that's for sure. And it's a great opportunity for us to do another charity fundraiser and just to recruit. So I'm hoping that you'll all want to come help out anyway. :)

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Added today: Margot Kidder (Lois Lane from the Superman movies of the 70s and 80s)

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Woo Hoo! Only 5 more weeks til WW! A little bummed that no SW actor's have committed yet but at least we have Megafest to fall back on. I would love the chance to meet Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes but I doubt there will be any autograph sessions with them.

11. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Looks like Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes just cancelled. :(

~Doc_Bev

12. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    no1 likes to come to boston =(. it's too far from cali.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Aw man! Give me a freaking break. Those were the two celebs I was most looking forward to getting to see.

14. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I will most likely only be going to the convention on sunday. That way I don't have to worry about taking any time off of work. Usually all I do at conventions is walk around the dealers room and look at the celebs anyways. Figure one day is enough to do that.

15. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Have fun at the convention if you go. :)

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Added today: wrestling legend Mick Foley...it will be a Saturday-only appearance, however

17. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Wizards website says the following:

We regret to announce, due to a filming schedule conflict
    Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes cannot attend WW Boston

:( :(

Still might venture up there though..

18. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

It sucks that Kevin and Jason can't make it.. I'm still really excited about seeing Tim Sale and Margret Kidder though! Hopefully some good Star Wars starts will sign on too.

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Now I noticed on their site that advanced tickets are $20. Does anyone know if they will cost more at the door, or will it be the same $20? I didn't see any information one way or the other on the WW site.

20. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was going to ask the same thing. I didn't know if I should book early or not. I am also still up in the air about going as well. I want to, but not sure if I will be able to or not.

21. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I would imagine that it would be the same price if they did not mention any other price on the website. Yet, if they were going to raise the door price it would probably be only $5 or $10 more I bet.

22. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    the members of ALDERAANBASE and NEW ENGLAND GARRION will be sharing a table at this con .... I will be in my new XWING outfit

23. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I was trying to get an X-Wing costume done for the con... But ran into some troubles, and I don't even know if my Corellian Exports flak vest or Richies Armor gear will be here in time :( I'm going to seriously try, but it looks like my hopes might be dwindling :oops:

Although, I'm more than on schedual with my Ghostbuster costume :D

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I know this is a few weeks away yet but are people going to meet up for this event? I remember reading that there might be a table, but I haven't read anything more about it. I may be going just need to work out a few minor details and wait to see if I have to work that weekend. The guy I usually cover for doesn't let me know until the last minute, because our boss forgets to tell me. lol

25. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    I'll be there in my newly completed Depa Billaba costume at the Alderaan/501st table :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.