Wizard World Boston!

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhors Elder Guest

Any confirmation on a Boston table? That would be cool... I'd like to have a Maine table, but I don't think there would be enough interest there.

Susy, things are looking up on my X-Wing costume, so I think I'll be hanging around the alderaan base table for a while on one of the days too.
  2. starwarschick14 Jedi Master

star 4
    There were so few people interested in going that I didn't pursue the table thing more aggressively. You can't really have a table without a bunch of people to take turns staffing it. ;) I might go on Sunday, it depends on how much schoolwork I have to do. But that shouldn't stop anyone from meeting up otherwise! It's always fun to hang out at conventions. :)
  3. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I heard a radio ad this morning for Wizard World. Are there a lot of people from the area going? I wouldn't mind checking it out, never been to a con before, but I probably won't get the chance.
  4. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I plan on going. Just don't know which day yet...
  5. Darth_Freege Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'll be stopping in at the rebel legion/501st table in my royal guard costume. I hope to see you guys there!
  6. PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'll be there in my new and improved Jedi garb. Some fine tuning became apparant when I did the charity walk. :)
  7. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I plan on attending one of the days probably Sun. Then again I might go both days. I haven't been to a Wizard World con yet and I am interested in seeing what it is like. I went to C3 as my first con and that was awesome and it got me interested in going to other events.
  8. PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I guess I look at this this way: When folks were talking about Cauldron Con and whining about how big guests don't come out to Boston very often, it was pointed out that Boston events aren't usually well attended.

If we show support for the cons that come through town, then maybe they will have the support to pull in the big events. I can tell you that it feels like we have a ton of stuff going on this year versus past years in general.
  9. Abhors Elder Guest

As some of you may know, the maker of the "Inside Report" (The #1 online indie film show) is making a new documentary called "George and Me." Its is all about Star Wars fans, and how this has affected our lives. You can view the trailer and more info here:

http://www.5headstall.com/georgeandme/

I've been asked to get some interviews and footage at WW. Thats if I can secure a decent camera for the event that is... Anybody want to be interviewed? I'm hoping to be filming on one of the days, so I can have the other 2 in costume :)
  10. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it to WW after all :( I completely forgot that I'm going to the Pats/Chargers game this weekend and between the usual yardwork and getting work done on Halloween costumes, I just don't have the spare time.

If anyone who is going would love to earn some gigantamongus brownie points, I would really love to score either of the Palasides Toys Sesame Street exclusives. I'm not a collector of these, but my wife is and I know she'd love either one of them.

Of course there would be compensation involved as well as my eternal gratitude :D
  11. Abhors Elder Guest

I'm in the grind getting my Ghostbusters costume done in time... Almost finished, but I think I'll be working until the very last second on it. I'm leaving Thursday morning, and checking into the Holiday Inn Express :)
  12. spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

This con's gonna be awesome. I'm going on Friday to check it out, then volunteering Sunday morning, and hanging out there Sunday afternoon. Then as soon as the con's over I'm rushing over to the science museum for the first volunteer training session for the Star Wars exhibit.
  13. Abhors Elder Guest

[image=http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/done1.jpg]

Thats what I'll look like while I'm there :p Please come up to me and introduce yourselves if you see me! :D

And sorry for the crappy pic :p Just finished it tonight... Spent 14 hours straight today working to finish it [face_plain]
  14. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    kevin ... hows the PILOT outfit coming ???

Hope to see you saturday !!! I am picking up susan in brockton near me then driving us there...

who was it here from ME that has a anakin outfit ??? was it you ??? if not who was it ???

15. Abhors Elder Guest

Yo.. Yeah, I was sporting the Anakin at C3.. You can see a pic of me wearing it in my profile (with the 2 innacurate resin buckles on the glove.. I had them upgraded to metal ones at C3). Unfortunatly I sold the costume at the time ROTS came out.. Needed some money, and got plenty for it :p

As for the pilot... Well, I have a Biggs helmet. I was going to borrow the rest of the costume from another RL member, but his boots don't fit me, and with being so busy with the Ghostbusters costume, I completely forgot to buy new boots.. I'm going to be wearing the helmet on one of the days with a long sleeve orange shirt... Sort of the "casual" pilot wear, just for kicks :p

I ordered a flak vest from CE, and gear from Richies wayyy back, but they havnt come yet.. Just my luck, the flak vest is schedualed to arrive Friday, when I'll already be in Boston. I don't know WHAT is up with Richie..

Can't wait to meet you :)
  16. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    well when you get that in will have 3 4 ff new englanders I think ..... on the light side : susan keith you and myself....

and on that other side... dustin n me
  17. Abhors Elder Guest

Well, we're here in Boston now at the Holiday Inn Express... Just took a walk downtown, but didn't see much where we went, and ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel. We're a ways out of the inner city... We must have walked for 45 minutes. I'll be getting to the con at about 10:30 tomarrow morning, so keep an eye out for me in my Ghostbusters costume :)
  18. DarthWormie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Best wishes to everyone going this weekend. Hope you all have a blast!

Don't forget to post any cool pictures you may take while there :D
  19. Abhors Elder Guest

Overall the convention was pretty fun for the first day. My friend and I were the only ones in costume (myself being a Ghostbuster, and him being Shawn from Shawn of the Dead). Got a lot of great comments, and tons of picture requests. Going to be in my "off duty" x-wing pilot tomarrow... Can't wait to hang out with all of the other Star Wars ans, since it definatly didn't have much of a presence today.

The con was a little underwhelming in size... But still very fun. Was pretty much the dealers room from C3.

Hope to see you guys tomarrow! :)
  20. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That is a pretty cool outfit. I loved the Ghostbusters when it first came out. I might have to buy the dvd set for it. At C3 I took a pic with the Ghostbusters that were there. My wife couldn't stop laughing when I showed her the pic.
  21. spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

I saw you in costume there on Friday, but I was waiting in line to see Tim Sale so I couldnt go say hi. I saw you win the mega prize on Wizard's triva wheel, but I couldnt see what the prize was, whatd you win?
  22. Abhors Elder Guest

For the mega prize, I won a $30 hardcover art of Michael Turner book.

Today I was wearing my Biggs X-Wing helmet with the cardboard sign reading "Galactic Civil War Veteran... Will work for Republic credits." Did it since the whole costume didn't come in the mail on time, so I had to improvise :p

I'll be back in the Ghostbusters costume tomarrow.. Need to get my monies worth out of it [face_laugh]

Hope to meet some more of you tomarrow! :)
  23. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    [image=http://501neg.com/photos/albums/EventPhotos/2005/10/WizardWorldBoston/normal_DSC01082.jpg]

that was my favorite from WWB .... lol
  24. Abhors Elder Guest

http://photobucket.com/albums/a50/saber_holder/Wizard%20World%20Boston%2005/
  25. Darth_Freege Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thats such a great pic Justin, Although after seeing you box I think you could take Foley anyday[face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.