main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass ******* Wizard World Boston ******

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by hitmbig, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    *** http://www.wizarduniverse.com/ ***

Alright guys/gals. I checked out the site and it appears we need to send in an official form for a table. There are a few different choices/forms to look at. Please let me know what you think about the site, ideas, form ideas etc and post here.

The sooner we get organised the better :)

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Well if we do end up getting a table, were going to need a few things right off the bat like volunteers to staff the table, a banner of some sort to hang in front of or over the table, some xeroxed handouts, and maybe even some T-shirts to wear and/or sell.

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I believe starwarschick14 has already contacted them with regards to FanForce's table.

4. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Good for her. I'm concerned with this group, not hers.

5. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Is she even... you know.. going to be in Boston?
    It would be a first.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm sure she will be. She ran the BR table at the MegaFest back last October and did a pretty good job getting the word out about the FF Chapter and raising some dough for charity.

Regardless of whether or not the BR group will have official representation at WW, Foxboro really needs to have a presence there as well. There will be people from not only the Boston area, but from all over the East Coast, including points west of Worcester. It's a good chance to increase our numbers with people who may consider themselves a bit too far out of Boston to join up with that group.

7. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Thats what I'm talking about. FIS needs to get together on this one.

I would like to see the FIS get our own table to work off of. We are a smaller group that needs the exposure.

8. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Aaron and I were talking about this recently and we are really pushing for this.

I am already getting scheduled the time off from work.

We have to check back everyday or so on the Wizard site to see when they have updates and we can post them here.

It is still awhile away but I like to be well prepared anyway.

We would need a banner for the table and a few other things. We could start listing a few things we would like people to see.

I have a few collectibles we could display to grab attention also. Maybe we could arrange a few things. :)

9. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I am sure we can pull a few items together to auction/raffle. Maybe a 'special' item to be named later that would really 'WOW' the folks over there into checking us out.

1- Getting a table
    2-Banner or something to use as our eye catcher
    3-What we are going place on the table such as T-shirts, auction/raffle items flyers etc......
    4- Any other ideas?

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think that's a pretty good list for starters. To keep the costs down, I can take care of design and printing of the flyers.

11. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    *Just to clarifiy*

Working with other groups is really cool and I look forward to it. (Six Flags anyone?)If their CR has contacted Wizard then she should have said so to us, otherwise it should not be anyone's place but hers to state that.Since she did not, how are we supposed know what is going on unless we proceed with seing that our group is represented? Thats all I got going on is seeing that we are represented.

Not to sound cheesy but I am dedicted to the growth and prowess of the FIS :) :)

Sorry for any confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.