main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wizard World Chicago

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by JediRacer8, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Not a Nugent fan? Ted puts on a great show. I'm hoping he decides to play around here this summer though I haven't heard of anything yet.

I heard the news yesterday about Metallica & Godsmack scheduling a date in Green Bay. If I can manage to get the morning after off work I may have to try for tickets to that one.

Note: Eating chili cheese fries and a hot fudge sundae before drinking at a concert is a bad idea.

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    So, what's the status? Who's all going besides JediRacer8? We have been planning to meet up on Saturday by the ticket booths, I know that Eric is planning to go as well but other than them I don't know of anyone else. So is anyone planning on going?

Forcebewitya!

3. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    We are planning on getting there early Saturday to get in at 9:30 when they let advance tickets in. The plan is to get special tickets for the Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes event so hopefully we won't have to stand in line to long.

4. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm definitely going and, right now, Eric and I are planning to go together on Saturday if he doesn't have to work.

5. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm definitely going and, right now, Eric and I are planning to go together on Saturday if he doesn't have to work.

cool, yeah I just talked to Eric as well and he had mentioned that. We definitly need to be sure that we get into the Steve Sansweet thing. And I for one want to see Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith. Last year Kevin Smith's pannle was packet, I did find a seat but I also got there a little late.

Forcebewitya!

6. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I'm hoping Sansweet and Smith/Mewes have autograph signings too but I'm not counting on it. I'll just be happy to get into their shows.

7. Daughter_of_Yoda

Daughter_of_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2004
    I've never been to a convention. What's it like? What do you do there?

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    It involves a lot of standing, waiting, and being choked by the body odor of nerds in costume.

9. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Wizard World has a lot of comic, toy, and other nerd-paraphenalia dealers, if you are into collecting. There are also game demos, collectible exhibits, appearances by actors/comic artists/writers, etc. Their website is http://www.wizarduniverse.com if you are interested in more information.

And of course the sweet smell of nerds in the morning.

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm hoping Sansweet and Smith/Mewes have autograph signings too but I'm not counting on it. I'll just be happy to get into their shows.

yeah, I agree.

And yes, that about sums up a convention. It's a lot of fun though it's like geek heaven ecspecially if your into collecting like JediRacer8 said there are a ton of dealers, and this year Steve Sansweet will be giving a talk about Episode III, a lot of other star wars actors will be there as well.

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.