main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Wizard World Chicago

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey guys, I just was wondering if any of you would be interested in attending Wizard World this year. I for one am definitly going. I went last year with one of my friends and it was a blast. It takes place on August 13-15, if your interested I would urge you to pay for the tickets right now because as of July 30th they go up another 5 dollars. Right now they are 40 for the weekend, and 20 for a day pass (if your going to do that I would suggest going on Saturday, thats usually when more things happen).

I don't know any programming details right now, because they haven't posted any yet on the website, but I do know that Kevin Smith is going to be there and also Kelly Hu from X2 (lady deathstrike), and a lot of Star Wars actors too the ones that I can remember are Shaak Ti, Dutch Vander, and Lama Su...thats all I can remember so far. But I suspect that there will be more. Also Eric had mentioned something about an Episode III preview, and that we were going to reserve some seats for it, or something liket that. Anyway I'm all for that. So go take a look at the website and hopefully some of you guys can come down there with me.

*oh, and if you decide to go BRING A TON OF MONEY because last year I brought only 75 dollars and I was desperatly trying to get more*

well here is the website if anyone is interested.

Wizard World tickets

Forcebewitya!

2. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    We've got out tickets purchased. I saw on the site earlier this week that Steve Sansweet is doing a presentation but I haven't found any info yet on whether you need special tickets for that. And yes, bring money, with autographs going for $15 each we ran out of money quickly.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Maybe next year

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    cool, good to hear that you're going JediRacer8! hope we can all meet up when we go down there.

Forcebewitya!

5. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I know of a few from the Milwaukee board who said they are planning on going. We'll have to arrange a meeting time and place at the convention center. I'm going on Saturday only.

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok, yeah we can definitly meet someplace on Saturday, I'm going both Friday and Saturday so hopefully anyone who is going on Saturday can all meet up at the same time and place. I'd name a place but I dont know what all is going to be there yet. Last year they had the C2 adventures thing, that would be a good place to meet but I haven't heard much yet as far as the actual con goes. Well I'll keep checking the WW website, and maybe we can all work something out.

Forcebewitya!

7. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    We could always meet at the ticketing area by the escalators outside the main convention hall. There weren't as many people hanging out there and it would be easier to talk and plan out where we want to go. You can also give us the scoop on what you found on Friday.

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok, that sounds good. By then I should have all the best dealers spotted out. Who besides you is coming on Saturday?

Forcebewitya!

9. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    As of now it sounds like anywhere from 5-10 that I know of from the Milwaukee board are going. Nothing has been set yet for meetup times but it seems like Saturday is the day everyone is going.

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    ok, sounds good I'm going with two friends from school as well. But we should definitly meet up on saturday. One question, did you all get the advance tickets that let you go in early on Sat.? if so it shouldn't be as hard to find each other because the convention center will be less crowded at that time.

Forcebewitya!

11. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Yes we got the advance tickets; I understand we can get in at 9:30 with those? I'll be there looking for the special event ticket lines asap.

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    now how does that work. The special events tickets. Because last year I didn't get any other tickets besides my badge. I definitly want to get into the Episode III talk of course and also Jay and Kevin Smith's talk.

Forcebewitya!

13. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    We didn't do any special events last year either, but emailed a convention rep to ask about it. He said that special event tickets are given out first come/first serve and are free of charge. They are only given out the morning of the event, so you can't go on Friday and get them for Sat & Sun. I haven't checked the schedule yet for time conflicts but I'm hoping to see both Sansweet and Kevin & Jay.

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah, definitly should get those then. Last year I just went in and stood if there wasn't any seats.

Forcebewitya!

15. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I realized today that Kevin & Jay are signing autographs during the same time as Sansweet is presenting :( Now the dilemna on which I would rather do.

16. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    well that sucks
    I wouldn't mind going down as attending this but I'm broke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.