main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wizard World Convention Chicago

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by CaptMereel, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    For all of you GUYS who made me feel like I was hallucinating Tuesday night because I said Wizard World was the weekend of July 5th, check out the link:

http://www.wizardconventions.com/wwchicago.html

Unless there is another Wizard World being held in Chicago, this is it and it's July 5-7 at the Rosemont.

HOURS
    July 5: 12:00 - 8:00pm
    July 6: 10:00 - 6:00 pm
    July 7: 10:00 - 5:00 pm

TICKETS
    Tickets are $20 for a one day pass and $40 for a 3-day pass and will be available online as of April 1, 2002. Advance Ticket holders will get in a half hour early on Saturday and Sunday.

THE STAR WARS GUESTS ARE:
    David Prowse (Darth Vader)
    Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
    Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka)
    Silas Carson (Ki Adi Mundi and Nute Gunray)
    Rusty Goffe (Jawa and cantina alien)
    Jerome Blake (Rune Haako)
    Michone Bourriangue (Aurra Sing)

I wasn't crazy or hallucinating!

2. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    O.K.!!!!!!! You are not crazy. But have you ever hallucinated?

Thanks for the clarification!

3. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I have to ask, what exactly is at this convention? Is it just for comic books? Sci-Fi? Fantasy?

Just curious since my girlfriend and I are staying at a hotel in Gurnee for that weekend and if it sounds fun we may have to check it out....she's a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer freak. Don't know if that pertains to this convention though.

4. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    From the looks of the website, it's mostly a comics convetion, since Stan Lee is the guest of honor and most of the guests are comic creators.

5. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Yeah, that's kind of what I gathered as well. I was hoping to find a schedule of events or something like it, like they have for GenCon, but didn't see one. Oh well, we'll just spend our weekend at the Bristol Faire and Six Flags like we planned. :)

6. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Yes, basically it is a comics convention but with the Men Behind the Mask going to be there, I am there! Dark Horse should be there so I can fill in the remaining gaps in my DH SW collection as well.

Eric, I have never hallucinated before but I was beginning to think all of you guys (since I was the only one of female gender at Denny's) may have slipped an hallucinogenic drug into my chocolate shake!
    :D

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Wizard World is mostly a comic convention, which is why I'll be headed to Convergence in Minneapolis. ;)

Seriously, some of the Chicago folks will be hanging out at the convention, and some Indy folks will be driving up as well.

~H~

8. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    We could never have put anything in your shake...you splilled it remember!

I do think the table acted tipsy afterwords!

Just to let you know...there are media guests at this convention. Not all Star Wars either.

Some come unannounced!

9. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    You put the drug in my shake before I spilled it and that's why I knocked it over, almost into Mauler's french toast! ;)

We are planning to go to Wizard World on Saturday July 5 just because we've never gone to comics convention before....want to check it out. Besides, just seeing Jeremy Bulloch is reason enough to go for me (maybe add another autographed photo to my Wall of Fett)! And Peter Mayhew - I plan on asking him if he remembers the "Wookiee Grab" he put on me at MSOE!

10. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    it may be just for comics but it's a con and there for i will attempt to be there. i'm going through withdrawl from indy. it was such a great time and the people were so friendly. i miss it soooo bad. and besides, i got to wear my jedi gear for 3 days straight..... i love my cloak...

Red*
    don't mind me i'm loosing my mind due to exams... heheheheheh

11. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Anyone know if Stan Lee will be signing autographs (and if so, any idea how much it will be?) My brother is a huge comic collector, and a signed comic or book would make a great Christmas or birthday present.

Dwayne

12. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    It's usually just actors that charge for autographs. I've gotten Stan's autograph at past Chicago Comicons (the former name of Wizard World) for no extra charge.

Phil

13. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks for the info. I'll certainly have to try and get it for my brother. Maybe one for myself since I like Spidey.

Dwayne

14. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I just thought I'd link this so you guys can see what everyone else is going to be saying about this event.

15. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Does anyone know if the "behind the mask" guys will be doing autographs?

16. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    Yes the star wars actors will be there!

Some new ones too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.