main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wizard World East, Fri 5/30 - Sun 6/1, 2003 - Philadelphia, PA

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Wizard World East is coming to Philly! We want to attend 'in force' (no pun intended) and make this a great event that other regional chapters and 501 garrisons will want to come to! I have contacted the WWE organizers and am awaiting a reply. Please stay tuned for more details in the next couple weeks and make sure to save the dates!

:)

2. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok All, I've heard from the con organizers and they are giving us a joint table with the 501st. We are in. So now the work begins. I'd like to have at least 2 people at the table Fri eve and Sat all day, maybe only half the day on Sunday. Also, I need your suggestions for no cost charity fundraising ideas. We're going to keep it simple this year and forgo the charity fashion show. But we will plan on doing that next year at WWE. Also, I will be inviting all the regional FF's and of course the 501st garrisons and the Rebel Legion. ALso, I will be hosting some people to stay over at my house - mostly out of towners.

So, with that said let's make sure this event is one to remember. This is our chance to host a con going event in our backyard and show off Philly to our friends in sister clubs.

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Jenni, I can host some out of towners as well if needed, I can work the table all day both Friday & Saturday, part time Sunday since Brandon will be with me and I promised my nephew I will go and get Stone Cold's autograph for him too. Good Grief!!

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'll be there to help out with whatever you guys need :)

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    See Meriwyn, and you thought you'd never see me again! :D

6. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Em and I are REALLY hoping to make it.. so if we can, we'll help however we can.

7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Here's the latest and greatest for Wizard World East planning and arrangements:

Wizard World East held in Philadelphia, May 30-June 1, 2003 at the PA Convention Center -http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/philly.cfm

Philly Outer Rim has secured a joint FanForce/501/RL table at the event free of charge. We'd love your help, so if any of you can help staff the table that would be great. A sign-up thread will be posted in the KofP forum on theforce.net. Shifts will be Friday PM, Sat AM, Sat PM (til dinner time), Sun AM and Sun PM til 4 or 5pm.

We will also be doing a 'mini costume fashion' show about 10-15 minutes in length in front of our table. We are doing it to have a bit of fun and also generate interest in our groups. For example, I've already had two troopers volunteer to do 'beach troopers'. We'll create clever and funny descriptions and have them strut their stuff while an MC reads the card. I'll need about 10-12 individuals or pairs to commit. Deadline for signup is May 15, 2003. Again, look for the sign-up thread in our forums on theforce.net.

In addition to attending and having fun, we need to be available for pictures with guests and so forth. Much like any other con we go to. Also, I am working on putting together some sort of charity event or activity we can do at the con. This activity will be in concert with Garrison Carida. I will keep you posted as to the details.

Finally, some Star Wars celebrities have been invited to be at Wizard World East. I think it would be nice if we could take the celebrities out for dinner or even just drinks on Saturday night. I am currently working this out and will have more details as the date draws closer.

The King of Prussia chapter will be acting as hosts for several regional groups. We are their link to the city and will help them as we are able. I am housing 7 people at my house but would appreciate other members' help with this - esp those of us closer in to the city.

Please PM or email me with questions/comments. Look for the signup thread/polls to help staff the table and also to submit an entry for the mini costume fashion show.

Thanks!

8. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Sounds Great! Em and won't be able to make it for the whole weekend but will be there for Sat. You can put us down for the Sat morning shift.

9. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I won't be around except for Friday and Saturday night...and then Sunday all day. So I can only work the table on Sunday. I'm hoping for an afternoon shift if that's possible.

10. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, I hope to be joining Rick and Em on Saturday, and I am working to get my Jedi costume ready in time. Though, likely without a cloak. If you need someone else for the morning shift on Saturday, put me down.

Also, while we are still unofficial, we three are the start of our own FF here in York/Lancaster and could be as such for WWE, if possible.

11. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hey All,
    Thanks to those of you who volunteered for staffing the table so far. I do greatly appreciate it! I will be making up a schedule and sending to each of you through email to confirm.

Rick, Em, and Dave - congrats on your FF chapter beginnings. You know you can always come to KofP for help and questions. We welcome your participation at WWE. Feel free to prepare a flyer or brochure to have on the table about your specific chapter.

Jenni

12. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    I'm going to be there at some point! And I'm going to try to bring Kev as EpII Obi-wan... don't know about my costume yet...

I'll let you know when I'll be there when my sitters get back to me.

13. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    We have a sitter for Saturday, but maybe not all day... so, when's the best time for us to be there? I'm thinking maybe afternoon- dinner? :)

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    i would say peak time is from lunch til dinner. if you wait and come at 4pm we'll all be getting ready to head out. :)

15. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Hi there from D.C!!! I will be up there for Wizard World East on Saturday and I'll look for your table. I take it I need to look for the Stormtroopers to find you?

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well fakename99, we look forward to meeting you too. :)

17. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hi Ric,
    Glad some folks from D.C. can make it up. Anyone coming with you? See you then!
    Jenni

18. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Confirmed SW celebs for WWE:

David Prowse - Darth Vader
    Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett
    Amy Allen - Ayla Secura
    Michonne Borriague - Aurra Sing
    Daniel Logan - Young Boba
    Ray Park - Darth Maul
    Kenny Baker - R2-D2
    Zack Jensen - Kit Fisto
    Matt Sloan - Plo Koon
    Mercedes Goh - Jedi Rocks Dancer

SW EU Authors:
    R.A. Salavatore

Non-SW celebs of interest:
    Kevin Smith
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Alison Mack - Chloe from Smallville

This is gonna be a FUN weekend!

19. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Jenni is it nessasary to buy tickets in advance or can they be purchased at the door?

20. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Jenni - a friend of mine is coming with me. However, he is not part of the fanforce. But, he is a fan of Star Wars.

21. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Rick,
    I'm sure tix can be purchased at the door. Check the con link in the first post of this thread. It may be disc. if you buy in advance depending on how many days you attend.

I would hold off buying in advance. I'll tell you why later if it works out.

Thanks,
    J

22. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Yay! The more the merrier.

23. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Kev and I are going to be there Saturday only, from lunch through dinner. :)

24. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Awesome Julia! It will be great to see you guys again. Will "Jingle Fett" be there? hehehe

25. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    A chance to assist the SW celebs.

From Philip Wise:
    "At Wizard World Philadelphia May 30 - Jun 1, Ben Stevens and I from C2 Ventures will be presenting a Star Wars autograph area with 10 celebrities. We are in need of about 12 volunteers who can each work half of each day assisting in line control, answering questions and celebrity guest assistance.

Volunteers will receive a show pass and a set of autographed reference photos from the guests.

--------------------------------
    Please PM or email me (Calixte) ASAP if you wish to sign up for this. I am in contact with Phil Wise and will be coordinating from this end. This is a first-come first-serve signup. If you are already signed up to staff the table, please make sure you take that into consideration.

Thanks!
    Jenni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.