main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wizard World East, Fri 5/30 - Sun 6/1, 2003 - Philadelphia, PA

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Glad to hear that everyone had such a good time. If there's nothing else like it, I hope the next year flies by, so WWE is here again soon!

[face_jealous] [face_jealous] [face_jealous]

:p

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Thanks to Philly Outer Rim for hosting us at this event! Rob and I had a blast! Good job on your first major con. Hope to work with you again very soon.

3. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    A HUGE Thank You to ALL who helped make KofP's first official hosted event a total success. We had nearly 40 people come in from the region, most in costume for Saturday, some in costume for Sunday too! We entertained the fans, helped each other, assisted with the celebrities and as Jason Romanoff (Garrison Carida XO) aptly stated in an email 'we ruled the con!'

Thirty-six attended a casual dinner at The Irish Pub last night including representatives from KofP, NJO, SWNYC, York/Lancaster, Garrison Carida, the Maryland Garrison, and the Empire City Garrison, and of course three celebrities from the original trilogy Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker and his wife Valerie, and Jeremy Bulloch and his wife Maureen. I had a chance to see each of them today to thank them for joining us. Kenny and Valerie expressed what a pleasure it was to be with us last night and they especially enjoyed their fish and chips. :) Dave Prowse enjoyed himself as well and said despite the struggle to get to the pub he was looking forward to seeing us again. Jeremy (who said we are cool!) and Maureen thanked us for having them at dinner and are looking forward to seeing us again at upcoming events.

After dinner we headed back to the Marriott for group photos (at Dave Prowse's suggestion) and we met up with Matt Sloan (PloKoon Ep 2) and his wife Rachel who joined in the photo fun! Matt and Rachel were too cool the whole weekend. When they saw Zippy in Vader they said, "oohhh we want OUR picture with you!".

Special thanks to NJO, SWNYC, York/Lancaster and KofP members who helped staff the table - you guys rocked!.

Thank you Wendy - you were my right arm for this event and I couldn't have done anything without you.

Thank you Natasha - everyone loved the food at the Irish Pub and the staff there handled the 36 of us remarkably well. :)

Thank you to those who contributed to host our celebrities at dinner!

Thank you to those who helped out with C2 Ventures Celebrity area. You maintained good humor and patience while working hard. I had a chance to say good bye to the celebrities and all remarked how much fun all of YOU made it for THEM to be there signing autographs this weekend! :)

A special thank you to Garrison Carida who shared the table with us. You guys troop hard!! :)

Let's make this the benchmark of fun and cooperation between our groups. We are all there for the same reason - a love of Star Wars!

Stay tuned for details about PhilCon coming in mid-December! Yes - another con in Philly!!

Jenni

4. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Calixe, I posted this up on the Maryland fanforce invitation, but just wanted to say, THUMBS UP WAAAYYY up!!! Especially for the great coordination. I was especially happy to meet some of you and match names to faces, and watch over the celebs.

By the way, the celebraties loved us and thanked us for "monitoring" the lines and stuff. It was quite a compliment. I think all of us were like, "No, you don't understand, it is OUR pleasure." We got autographed pictures from EVERY star wars celebrity there. It was a surprise to us. AND, the celebs even personalized em for us. Daniel Logan even wanted some of my pics. LOL Then we went to dinner with some of them too. It was an unbelievable experience. Some of the 501st and fanforce were actually more of an attraction then some of the stars! Nobody in costume could get by without having to stop every three seconds for a pic. We were lucky we weren't in costume (Me and my hubby Jim) so that we could take a break to eat. I don't think that anyone in costume got to eat anything. People just kept bugging them for pics. And the celebrity signing stations were the only "protection" from fans wanting pics from the 501st and fanforce. Just a word of caution if you monitor exits of signing stations at a convention, watch out for fans trying to sneak by you. You almost need a bouncer even to protect the troopers. Hehe, well, just wanted to thank you's philly people for showin us the town. ::cheers::

5. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Just wanted to add to everyone's comments, in that I had a great time working and a great time meeting everyone. The costumes were great and it was just a really enjoyable time hanging out with everyone.

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Skidder, you were such a "trooper" this weekend, it was a pleasure to finally meet you and I hope you will continue to attend future events with us. :D

7. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    Thanks Wendy - you are an awesome person. I would love to attend more events. I think I need to seriously start considering a costume - it makes it look so much more entertaining.

8. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    By the way - how do the authograph pics look?

9. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    We had a great time! Hopefully we can come for more of the next con... as the kids get older I'm sure it'll be easier.

Here are my pictures:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/guri/wizcon/wizcon.htm

Julia

10. Calixte

May 3, 2002
  11. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Hey all I have some of my pics up, but not all. If you go to this thread, you will be able to see some more pics, and also I put in a link to my webpage that has some cool daniel logan shots. ZamIAm's pics and Guri's, and Jaster Masreel's

12. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Here are some photos I took.

I never do take enough.

13. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Thanks for posting the pics links all! :)

14. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Very cool pics i must say

15. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    As soon as I get mine developed I'll scan and post them as well.

16. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I won't have my pics developed for a while. Oh well. It will make a nice surprise later in the summer I suppose.

17. Lazyjedeye

Lazyjedeye Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    Hello,
    My Name is Frank,Tk-3329 of garrison carida. I had the opportunity to meet some of you on Sunday at WWE and had a wonderful time.
    (I was the the tall blonde loud mouth stormtrooper :) )
    I am wondering if anyone happened to come across a camera that I seemed to have left at the con.If anyone has happened to come across it please email me at Frankwosczyna@quadratec.com
    I have been a member of the 501st and the RPF for some time and have many points of contact for props and costumes,so if you ever need help with anything SW prop related feel free to contact me.
    Thanks again,
    Your friend in the Force, :)
    Frank

18. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey there Frank, I remember you from WWE. I was the jedi with the little padawan.

Your offer sounds very interesting about helping out to get SW props, I am in the market for either parts or a completed ROTJ Boba Fett blaster. Just PM me if you can help.

19. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Thanks for letting us know Frank! Check your email.

It was great to meet you too and we look forward to seeing you at future events.

:)

20. Lazyjedeye

Lazyjedeye Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    pm sent !

21. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
  22. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
  23. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Zam...the pics look great.

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

24. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Thanks for the pics Zam! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.