main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Wizard World next Saturday!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediG60racer, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ::tries to picture Michael in a Darth Vader costume::

::fails::

2. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

Ouch!!!

Hey...I've seen worse.

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Dumpster divers must have got it, chair is gone. :(

4. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    well, ill see everyone there tommorrow!

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks for the effort Brendan. Looks like Collin won't need the wheelchair tomorrow afterall. It will be his first full day without the crutches tomorrow, I hope he can handle it. I am already up in Long Beach at the Renaissance hotel right across the street from the convention center. I am not sure if I am dressing up tomorrow. It is kinda hard with the kids around and I lost my Jedi Belt somewhere. I hope Jeff Parks brings some of his Jedi Belts. On Sunday I plan to take the kids where they want to go, either Catalina Island or the aquarium.

6. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    See you in the morning!

7. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Colin appears to have been doing just fine, he disappeared for several hours during the convention, wandering the exhibitor hall :) Barely saw him!

The main hall was about the size of, well like one section of the SD Convention Center. Like the A section... the exhibitor hall was 4 rows by 10 rows of booths, so not huge but it was much bigger than the hotel cons we've gone to. Lots of way overpriced stuff, but some deals to be found. I got a Droids A-wing for $10-, so I was stoked. I was very tempted to buy another Parks saber, he had taken my suggestion once again for a saber design :) and had Malestrom sabers with green blades and green string light with him. Exactly what Susie wanted. But I resisted the temptation for now... I can always order one to pick up at ComiCon. I did witness some guy actually drop $1000- for one of Jeff's alien pulse rifles, that blew me away. "how much is that?" $1000-, sir. "okay, I'll take it." Wow! No sales pitch or anything!

Jedi James made his first convention appearance today, although the Cafepress order did not arrive (guess I'll have to request a refund on that 2nd day delivery) so he was not in proper SDSWS attire. He did great! Took him around the con floor a few times in his stroller, and he had lots to look at quite happily! Then Lauren played with him for an hour in the empty booth next to the Parks sabers booth (we annexed it as the official FF hang out booth), he took a 20 minute nap, and back to playing with Lauren for awhile, when I was helping Jeff out in his booth.

Saw a few OC FF people there, some 501st, and a few people we'd met at the ComiCon '03. It was cool hanging out with the Parks sabers crew again. Very cool. Had a good time... wish I could have stayed a few hours more, but I had to get back to SD to play music at services at church tonight.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Long Beach was a lot of fun. Sorry Donna, they sold out of Clone Trooper busts Friday morning, and I didn't get there till Saturday morning. :( That was the same thing that happened at Comic Con, they didn't save some to sell over the weekend. My guess is a lot of dealers bought them, and I heard they were already going for $200 on ebay.

I hung around the Parksabers booth talking to Jeff and Andy most of Saturday, and went on the lunch run with Jeff. It was funny, Jeff actually did a Jedi mind trick on the guy at the door who wouldn't let us back in with food from outside. He said, "You didn't see us man" and walked right through. :D I got my Graflex working saber on Saturday too - the saber I've been wanting since 1977. :D I also got a 12" custom Mara Jade figure for $90, that was my only purchase at the convention center other than the parksaber.

On Sunday, I took the kids to the Queen Mary and we went on the regular tour and the Ghosts tour. We also went to the Aquarium which was a lot of fun. I had promised them that Sunday would be there day to have fun, as they were stuck at the convention center all day Saturday.

9. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    That's okay about the bust. I should have guessed they would sell out, considering how many people on e-Bay were offering to purchase them for buyers (and at only $150).

I'll save the $$ for Comic-Con. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.