Wizard World : The plan as of 8/5

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by ChrisKenobi, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    If read the other thread about wizard world don't take all the info to heart. If you have map quest you can get the directions and go up whenever you want. This place is not hard to find. We (steven,tein,neck,kent,and myself) are leaving my house around 7 am. ein will already be here and neckless lives here so we don't really need to meet here. I can sleep in a bit so if you are knocking at my door at 6:45 am you could meet the business end of a 10ft bullwhip. You can search the internet for wizard world chicago and get the address of the convention center and get the directions. As far as the dinner goes I would allow a little more than 10.00$. We can go at 6, 7,or 8 pm. We don't really have time constraints or as Neckless and Tein would say"we can do whatever feels right." "We're on #$% cruise Jerry" I am not sure how mush tickets are either so bring as much as you think you need.
  2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I've got some information that some might find useful. The address of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center is 5555 N. River Road in Rosemont.

I'm making reservations for dinner at 6:15 (figuring it will take a little time for people to get from the convention center to the restaurant). If anyone is planning on going to the restaurant later than that, please let me know so I can give the restaurant an accurate number beforehand. I've got 23 people for dinner so far and the $9.50 rate (plus tax and tip) is based on a minimum of 15 people. Thanks.

Phil

3. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jedi Corps of Discovery--
    Sorry I wont be able to tag along with you-- the "Bill Monster" reached out and gave me mortal wound in my wallet this week. Until the Angel of Payday resurrects my wallet, I think I'll simply have to hoard the Force close to home this con. However, keep Indianapolis in mind for Thanksgiving (Thursday for Family, Friday-Sunday for Par-tay)--see http://www.sfedora.com for details.

Anyway, best of luck with the con in Rosemont--if it is at the Convention Center downtown, I went there in 1996--it is about 15 minutes from the Rosemont Horizon and east of O'Hare. The local contacts should get you there, but please note that the parking garage is almost TWO blocks from the Center--connected with Skybridges--and if you're costumed it is a supreme pain in the Bantha buns to slog your way there. You may wish to only partially costume then complete the look in one of the several restrooms there.

Also note that the Center is HUGE--United Center-type huge. If I remember right, there are at least three 10,000 square feet halls there, so instead of the Wizard World con, you may run into the Handicraft Swapmeet from Hades. Be Careful!!80)

Until the next monthly meeting--MTFBWY--TeeCee
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.