main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Wizard World

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Just got my ticket ordered this morning on the phone. This is my first con and I can't wait to meet you all. What type of resturant is Giordano's?

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Giordano's is an Italian restaurant...
    .year's ago voted to have the #1 deep dish pizza in Chicagoland....

3. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    Another person from the Louisville fan force I believe is going to make the dinner. So put down two down from Louisville for the dinner.

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    My friends from South Bend are coming Saturday so I doubt I'll make the dinner, but I'll try to stop by the information booth get together.

And, unless you really want to meet Sean Astin, I wouldn't recommend even trying. Last year they had Michael Rosenbaum, Lex Luthor on Smallville, signing and that was a three hour wait.

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    For dinner, here's who I have so far: JediAutobot, Schph Gochi, me, Lt. Dak Ferris, Lothos, Bosh Talk, 8 from QCJ, Darth Sikle, Darth Plastic plus 1, Shara, plus 3 from e-mail. That's 21 so far.

I've called the restaurant. They do have a party package of $9.50 per person, all-you-can-eat pizza, salad, soft drinks, but the amount that I tell them has to be the amount that show up. I'm holding off until Thursday before giving them a final number.

Phil

6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    lol...here is a real stoopid question for you ....I haven't even bothered to look at what the hours are for Wizard World....so...basically....what time are we meeting at the info booth?
    [face_blush]

7. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    10am - 6pm Friday and Saturday.

10am - 4pm on Sunday.

I assume that we will be meeting at the info booth just after 6pm on Saturday.

My 100th post. Yippee for me.

8. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    10am - 6pm Friday and Saturday.

10am - 4pm on Sunday.

I assume that we will be meeting at the info booth just after 6pm on Saturday.

My 100th post. Yippee for me.

9. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I'm going to WW on Saturday, and I can come to the dinner. Add 2 more!

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Yes, we're meeting at the info booth at the convention Saturday at 6:00 P.M. Or you can head straight to the restaurant if you prefer. I'm going to make the actual reservation for 6:15, figuring it'll take a little while to get over there.

Giordano's is at 9415 W. Higgins Road in Rosemont.

I can't wait!

Phil

11. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    sorry for the delayed response... I am planning to attend the con Saturday and Sunday, and join everyone for dinner at Giordano's... :)

12. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I love this plan, I'm excited to be a part of it!

13. DarthSikle

DarthSikle Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    i guess i got there 2 late. went at 6:15 but did not see any signs or anything. i asked agroup or 2 but no go. sorry, hpe u didn't wait for me for 2 long

14. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I for one had a great time, even tho I couldn't go to Giordano's. I apologize for my poor showing in the breakfast trivia contest but wasn't Warwick nice to let me give that big plug for Chicago Force?
    As for the rest of yesterday, just call me "Mara Jade's" babysitter. ;)

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    ....what Amber means is that she spent most of her volunteer time taking care of the infant of Shannon Baksa -who is the "face" of Mara Jade. (Star Wars Insider #47)..Ms Baksa (she has a new married name that escapes me now)..brought her small infant in with her to sign autographs for CII Enterprises...and Amber spent a lot of her time with the child...

...fess up Amber Eyes...did you pretend it was Ben Skywalker?.....yeah....I thought so...

I, on the other hand, spent a part of my day in total irony....I was in my Jedi costume and was "protecting" Darth Maul....

ok...

I was handling crowd control for Ray Park...the irony was not lost on a lot of the folks in line...they thought is was pretty humorous that a Jedi had taken up that position....
    the rest of my volunteer time was spent being a pain in the ass of the fans...I had to tell them "no video"...."no interviews"...no tickee...no washee....

yadda yadda...

but all in all....I found the celebrities to be VERY...VERY nice, down to earth, pleasant, and very pleasant with all the fans that came to see them.

I watched (I will just use their character names) Chewbacca, Boba Fett, R2D2, Darth Maul, Mara Jade, Aurra Sing, Zam Wessel, Kit Fisto, Saesae Tinn, and Wicket interact with their fans in a very fun loving and patient manner....they are truly awesome....

.....and a few more observations....

Mary Franklin ..Editor of Bantha Tracks..completely worked her butt off all day for Paizo...she was in charge of selling the Silver Boba Fetts....taking care of the Fan Club Breakfast..and being one of the cashiers for the Boba Fett figs all day....

I also saw Dave-Bosh Talk...completely working his ass off all day ...doing his volunteering, making sure everything was running smooth...being Chicago Force "Ambassador-At-Large"......and telling me how hugely I s*ck....

it was a lot of fun...and even though I only made it up to Wizard World one day...the experience yesterday made the three day pass well worthwhile...

16. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I had a great time as well and am glad I volunteered. If I hadn't, I'd have had fewer good memories and less cash.

I got to spend a few hours with Kenny Baker, taking tickets and chatting with him. After Amber left, I also got a chance to hold "Ben Skywalker".

The dinner afterwards was lots of fun as well. The only pity is I didn't really get to talk to everyone. Lots of people and being squished behind the table didn't help. But it was great fun.

I am so sorely tempted to dump my 6 hours of homework and go today. :p

17. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Sorry we missed you, DarthSikle. We left right around 6:15. The reservation was actually for 6:15, so we wanted to get going. We figured those who weren't there yet could catch up at the restaurant since it was a few blocks away. I hope you at least got to meet a few of our members who were volunteering at the Paizo booth or the C2 Ventures autograph area.

Phil

18. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    It was nice meeting a few of you at the biner Saturday. I am definatly planning on going back to Wizard World next year, so maybe I can hook up wirth a few more you next year.

19. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I really want to thank all of the Chicago Force leadership and members who came out to support the volunteer effort at Wizard World.

Between helping the Official Fan-Club and the Star Wars Celebs in the autograph booths we certainly showed a positive presence.

For those who don't know, CF'ers were able to work (and play) directly with such stars as Ray "Maul" Park, Shannon "Mara" McCrandle (Baska), Peter "Chewie" Mayhew, Kenny "R2" Baker, Warwick "Wickitt" Davis, Leeana (Zam) Walsman, Jeremy "Boba" Bulloch, Jesse "Saesee" Jensen & Zac "Kit" Jensen, Amy "Aayla" Allen & Michonne "Aurra" Borriague.

Chicago Force: Membership has its privilages.

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Well, even though I didn't go to the dinner, it was cool meeting some of you guys at the show. Same for the Louisville Force guys. The kick in the nuts is I could have gone to the dinner, my friends from Indiana had a last-minute change of plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.