main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WNU Communications

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Morgaine, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    wow, never notaced this thread before. lets get started. I would first like to know what the responsabilitys of these people are. Or are we dicussing this right now?

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I believe we?re discussing:

-New Adoptions Advisory team
    -New Co-Coordinator elected

I already stated my concern, and questions. We need Morgaine. Oh Morgaine!

3. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I am here! Lets get this shindig started! :D

Edit: I too believe that the Co-Coordinator has already been selected. And should be stated

I also think that it should be posted who all is on the advisory team.

4. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    ok, so we are dicussing the advisory concil, as to what? what there responsabilitys are, who they are? what exacatically are we having the advisory council for?

5. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I also personally think that this should be something that is in a hidden forum. I know that it wont be, so its not a big deal.

6. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Probably to discuss the WNU forum, and the Adpotion Forum, in a more or less, democratic system. Ease the burden off of sister, and son ? Morgaine and Stridarious.

[GreedyBoy] We should get titles, yes, titles, muhahaha. [/GreedyBoy]

It would be neat if it were a hidden Forum, but if it were to become that ?special?, then there would have to be a pretty healthy number of people, on the Advisory Council.

Advisory Council... it should be called something better. Like, The Newbie Jedi Trainer... people. Well, something better.

7. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I think it could be on a hidden forum without beinga big number of people. but Morgaine would have to handle getting the tittles greedyboy! lol

Edit

Ok where is the boss? we should get this rolling. Who all is on the advisory team other than myself?

8. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    why not put the dicussion in a Hidden and a vote for people out in the open. that sounds good to me. we should get titles, but its not gonna happen now that we mentioned it. :(

EDIT: uhhhh, morgaine, Strid? are we going to start or are we going to sit here all day?

9. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    jediknight88: That coming from someone who already has a title!

Another concern of mine, is that the Co-Coordinator should be someone who is online a lot. I mean, Stridarious isn?t on enough as it is.

And finally, it could be possibly we get Titles, I mean, Stridarious has a title, which I?m sure he asked for...... It would be kind of like the AC Members, but for the WNU.

EDIT: Stridarious is no longer online, and probably wont be for a few hours. I don't know where Morgaine is.

10. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    well, you know how the world works. the second you ask for it, they wont let you have it. you have to be inconspicuous. or something like that.

11. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Just have to wait for the boss man

12. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Or Morgaine. Can someone get in contact with her?

13. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    want me to PM? or email?

14. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Sure. She may be trying to write something long and complicated for us little people. But it wouldn't hurt for you to PM her, well, at least not hurt us.

15. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    I just sent her one, so we will have to see what happens.

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I'm here, sorry it took so long. :) Still trying to catch up with all the posts I missed during my absence. ;)

"I?m under the impression that the Co-Coordinator was already chosen."

Yes, the decision has been made. I'll leave it up to Strid to announce who it is, though. :)

"I would first like to know what the responsabilitys of these people are. Or are we dicussing this right now?"

I'd say we are. :D The main function of this group should be to 'advise' ;) but I think you'll have to decide on the details together.

"I also personally think that this should be something that is in a hidden forum. I know that it wont be, so its not a big deal."

I also think that we won't get permission to create a new forum to discuss one single thread - that's one of the reasons why we consider starting an off-site board. :)

"Probably to discuss the WNU forum, and the Adpotion Forum, in a more or less, democratic system. Ease the burden off of sister, and son ? Morgaine and Stridarious."

Stridarious' idea was a team for Adoptions issues only, but I'd be happy if you 'advise' me on other WNU topics too. :D

"[GreedyBoy] We should get titles, yes, titles, muhahaha. [/GreedyBoy]"

Again, it is unlikely that all of you will get titles - there are already a lot of titles floating around, and certain mods are very hesitant about handing out any more. ;)

"Advisory Council... it should be called something better. Like, The Newbie Jedi Trainer... people. Well, something better."

I support a name change. The JC already has an "Advisory Council", and another group with the same name would be quite confusing. :p

"Who all is on the advisory team other than myself?"

Pretty much everyone who posted on this page. ;) A few more people have been invited, but they haven't replied to the PM's yet. Hopefully, we'll see them here tomorrow. :)

17. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    OK. so is the main part of the discussion gonna take place tommorow, or are we going to leave the others out of it for the time being?

18. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    One more point:

"Can someone get in contact with her?"

Please feel free to add me to your Instant Messenger lists, if you have any. It's easier for you to see if I'm online that way. ;)
    Contact info is in my profile. Just send me a request stating who you are, and I'll authorize you the next time I get on. :D
    (I'm not logged in right now, 'cause I'm about to go to bed. ;))

"OK. so is the main part of the discussion gonna take place tommorow, or are we going to leave the others out of it for the time being?"

As I said, I am about to leave (it's past midnight over here, and I'm quite tired), but I surely won't mind if you start the discussion now. ;) I'll reply to your posts tomorrow morning. :)

19. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Well, I?m just waiting for Stridarious to get back... whenever that?ll be. So he can announce who the Co-Coordinator is. We don?t even know if the person in question, has accepted the Co-Coordinator position.

Please feel free to add me to your Instant Messenger lists, if you have any. It's easier for you to see if I'm online that way.

I should...

Goodnight Morgaine. ;)

20. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    We could always be called the WNU team. An discuss WNU topics and ways to make it better.

21. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    whatever works. im going to go eat dinner, because its 7 at night here. im only going to be on for another 2 or 3 hours, so we need to kind of start this. One of those times you dont like strid that much. :p

22. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    We could always be called the WNU team. An discuss WNU topics and ways to make it better.

Yeah, there are so many things more than just the Newbie Adoption Thread. I guess we could put in our Sigs, that we?re apart of the ?WNU Team?. We still don?t know how many people will be on this ?WNU Team?. There is still is a chance for a title... anyway, no need to discuss what may never happen.

All things happen in time. Enjoy your dinner Washington.

23. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
  24. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    "We could always be called the WNU team."

Nice and simple. I like it. ;)

One more thing before I leave: Of course, everyone is welcome to join this discussion, including those who have not been invited to join this "advising team". Maybe we just forgot to PM you! ;)
    There's a good chance more people will be added later. :)

1:00 am, time to go! :p

Good night, guys! :D

25. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I would be more than happy to host a small message board for us on my website. If that is in agreeance with everyone. Just let me know.

Well we need the official rosterfor the team

Edit: I am jason, nice to meat you all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.