main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WNU - Feedback, Suggestions, Thoughts... Reasons to stay: What do you miss? What shall we add?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Oct 3, 2008.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Ding dang it! Sorry, guys. I've been super busy lately and haven't been able to always read what I want to.:_|

Please tell me you aren't going to close teh pillow fight?? Please?? I don't always get there as much as I'd like but I don't want it gone.:_| :_|

*whacks MM with a chocolate syrup pillow*

Also, I can't even get my mind around teh Mole being closed. :_| :_| :_|

DG -[:D] :_| [:D]

Sign me up on the Bring Back teh Mole petition.

2. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    sign me up on the petition for opening it back up as well. I don't understand why and, while I'm sure there are some valid points, I think it shouldn't have been closed. It's a great thing for introducing new users to one of the many things they'll come across on the boards.

3. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    *Whacks Jag back with a Pillow Fight Pillow.*

So which one of us is going to do it?o_O:p I'm not really going to fight over it. If you want to do it I will let you do it.

As much as I want the Teh Mole game to stay open ultimately it is not our decision. The Mods are in place to take care of things like this, and make decisions for the boards they are assigned that will best benefit the users they are entrusted to watch over. Leadership decisions are just that, decisions that are made by the leaders. I would like the game to continue, but it isn't my call. In the end I will abide by the decision of the Mods.

4. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    There is nothing wrong at all with having an opinion and questioning decisions. Please don't think anyone wants to stop you from expressing your opinion on this.
    In this case, I think she just wants you to tiptoe out and venture into the wide world of the forums.

If she keeps all the fun stuff here, why would you ever want to leave to try something new? [face_laugh]

It's like a momma bird pushing the babies out of the nest once they are capable of flying but are just too afraid to try.

If she's doing that to you, then she thinks you are all grown up!

If you venture into the JCC I will still do my best to keep you safe by the way.

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Teh-Mole is the face of the WNU; not having it around anymore won't help our forum's activity level.

Also, on another note, why was the game offered to be moved to a different forum? It seems as if all of our popular threads are being outsourced to the FFC because we are not allowed to post them here because they will be locked or being restarted. If that's the case, what's the point of the WNU even existing?

6. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    Quick question, has the game been closed because this is not a game forum? and should therefore be moved to C+G.

Just like a little background thats all, dont wanda in here all to often...

7. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    *** Warning! High School Musical 4 Spoilers ahead HTR!****
    (Don't worry about this post Skiara, I am Highlighting To Read the text so you won't be spoiled!
    -GIMER

OK, that was just a way to throw Skiara off the trail here. She won't check this if she thinks she'll have her HSM4 spoiled for her... It was the only way I could pass this information on to you in this forum.

I've been trying to talk to her in PMs and she said she would ban me from this forum if I tried to push too hard to get this reinstated. She hasn't said she won't reconsider, but she's held her position very strongly that it doesn't belong here anymore.

My suggestion would be to all join together by selecting the same icon in solidarity for your cause. I don't have a good idea for which one, but maybe you can find a good one.
    Also you could put a secret phrase in your signature in support of it too. Like BBTMGTWNU (Bring Back The Mole Game To Welcome New Users) or something like that. Once everyone has done it, then we can let her know what it is all about, and she will see the support behind it.
    Keep it quiet. She won't read this, I am sure of it.

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Very good spoilers there, Gimer.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    HSM 4?! WTH?

Excellent spoilers, I've made changes and will await more instructions.[face_peace]

10. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Sounds good to me - I'm up for anything. Thanks for the spoiler, GIMER.

Edit: on second thought, I'll wait for more spoilers.

11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I never read HSM4 spoilers... :(

I see you all love Teh Mole, so I just can hint you at not taking everything too serious. You're great people! :)

12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    QGR: I know, but when you're a newbie, just about everything is hard.

Can vouch for that one... I didn't come to straight to the WNU when I first got here and didn't know there were formatting things until someone told me about them. Five or so months went by before that.

And... there's gonna be an HSM4? Might check it out...

13. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Personally, now I'm thoroughly annoyed.

Somewhere in this thread it was stated that this was a mod decision made in Comms. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. And now I'm getting the feeling that this was plainly a Skiara decision.

Is that so?

I'm just curious, really.
    All well and fine being a Mod but I think it's not fair to the users of this board to just go ahead and close up threads without us -- the users, the people who keep this darn board running -- having a say in matters.

14. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004

Hmmmm [face_thinking] I smell a rat

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    *hurries out*

Sorry!:_|

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, Ceillean. [face_whistling]

17. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    *runs worriedly after lanna* [:D] don't cry..yet...we'll cry if we don't get teh mole back...which we are still trying to do.

*would hit Skiara but won't and instead grabs a sign that says 'Bring Back Teh Mole!' and starts walking around her office with it*

ok anyway, I forget who gave the spoiler, but thanks for the spoiler I was wondering about that. [face_thinking]

18. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek:
    skiara!

Well, it doesn't change anything, really. I stick with all I said, even if that means packing my bags after finishing to train my current paddies.:(

19. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    Anyone who dislikes the decision,
    please don't get too
    riled up.
    I will talk to Skiara more about the
    loss of the game to this
    Forum and see if there is any
    other way we could change her mind.
    Opposition may be vocal, but please,
    let's not say things we might be
    sorry for later. It will all work out!

Understand?

20. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    we're just standing up for what we believe. I with Lanna, I may just be packing my bags and moving over to one of my other favorite corners of the boards permanently. I dunno though, it depends on how this works out, but I am still very disappointed this happened in the first place.

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I might be getting a vibe here, so I'll shut up until this is over.

skiara knows my mind anyway. :)

22. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    I'm gonna shut up too...*sticks sign in the ground and leans on it*

*is having issues with this still though*

23. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    You know, I think I'm beginning to feel it too... o_O

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  25. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    LOL @ EVERYONE!!

You have all been collectively PWNed!

Nice to see that people really care about their WNU!