main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

woa.. is this news?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Marcussen, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcussen

Marcussen Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    I havent seen this report...

"New scenes reportedly being filmed for the upcoming ?Star Wars? trilogy DVD are rumoured to include Temuera Morrison doing voice overs for a lot of the stormtroopers, Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale, When the Death Star destroys Alderaan there's a new scene of Yoda's reaction to the disturbance in the Force that is created by all those deaths and then it cuts to Obi-Wan reacting to it as well and Hayden Christensen may be being filmed in the Darth outfit for ?Jedi?, replacing Sebastian Shaw?s scenes. Thanks to ?Jim?"

moviehole.net

EV Edit: Redirecting to SE/AE DVD thread

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    This is news, but it sounds bogus to me, I don't think GL will be making any massive changes to the OT until 2007.

3. Marcussen

Marcussen Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    I agree.. some of it is bogus.. but GL is a visual perfectionist... and I think the Jabba face lift could be genuine.. atleast I hope it is before it makes its way to my DVD...

Would not mind TM doing voiceovers or Han not stepping on the tale...

4. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    The thing that makes it clear it's not true is the 'Hayden as old Anakin' bit.

5. Marcussen

Marcussen Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah.. that does seem unlikely...

but some of the other stuff is conceivable...

and.. Hej I Danmark :)

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I've seen this before. I think Lucas has more important things on his mind at the moment rather than the OT UE.

7. Marcussen

Marcussen Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    Well.. he IS planning the DVD... and he did have time for the Indy DVD aswell...

8. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, I'm sure he passed on most of the work to ILM and THX. I haven't read anything that says he was personally involved in the Indy DVD.

9. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    I heard he's replacing Harrison Ford with a tall green alien to fit the early drafts of Han Solo. There's rumors of human sized white rabbit wielding blasters too.

10. Marcussen

Marcussen Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    well.. he had time to do interviews...

So nobody thinks he would fix the special editions? I would hate if he sends them out on DVD 2004.. after 2005 and ep 3 he fixes them and sends them out again...

which reminds me.. why were EP 2 and EP1 DVD's dicontinued- whats he planning?

11. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Personally, I don't believe it. I read that on another site a couple of weeks back, and didn't believe it then either.

I'd be happy to see Ep.IV Jabba get a touch-up. (I thought he looked great in TPM.) But the stormtroopers' voices are fine as they are, and I would be angry if Sebastian Shaw's performance was replaced. I just can't see that happening.

12. Compactor_3263827

Compactor_3263827 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2003
    That can't be true...

...well...some of it might...The Jabba thing sounds legit...but there's no way they can replace Shaw in ROTJ.

Frankly, I think replacing him might be kinda sacreligious.

13. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "I heard he's replacing Harrison Ford with a tall green alien to fit the early drafts of Han Solo."

[face_laugh] Is he going to get his old girlfriend Jenny back, too? [image=http://starwars.rossiters.com/images/anh-zb50-01_480.jpg] Hubba, hubba. :D

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd have to boycott the DVD if some of that is true. I adore the OT as it is.

15. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
  16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I know this report is bogus, but replacing Sebastian Shaw is a crime. That man is, in my opinion, the perfect old, frail, whithered Anakin. :(

Not to mention it would be awfully disgraceful to cut a (now) dead man out of a movie. :-\

17. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    ...but he's getting kinda gamey... [face_blush]

18. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    (1) Why is this not in the pre-existing DVD thread?

(2) I for one very seriously doubt Sebastian Shaw would be cut out of ROTJ.
    Why take the time to put Hayden Christensen in both burn makeup AND old-guy makeup JUST to 'fix' a scene that already worked the first time... when the other actor isn't there to redo the scene?
    Lucas has better things to do with the ROTJ UE than that. He would not spend his money or time shooting such a thing and causing himself headaches in the editing room.

Now, what I COULD see him doing is replacing Shaw with Christensen in the Force-ghosts scene. See, that wouldn't take any time at all. Plonk Hayden in front of a greenscreen, have him smile, add the glow and drop him into the footage. Bam, done.

There is no motivation nor logic* for Lucas to replace Shaw in the death scene, and rest assured it's staying as-is. So says me.

*NOTE: I'm putting myself in GL's place and working from what I feel HIS sense of logic is. I KNOW some people think there is no logic in changing the OT at all, so don't pipe up with that comment, 'cause it's been done to death.

Rick McCallum loves you!

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "(2) I for one very seriously doubt Sebastian Shaw would be cut out of ROTJ.
    Why take the time to put Hayden Christensen in both burn makeup AND old-guy makeup JUST to 'fix' a scene that already worked the first time...
    "

I dunno, dear Adam, this is George Lucas we're talkin' about. ;)

20. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Yay, more possible changes. [face_plain]

Anyways, I'm going to redirect you to SE/AE DVD thread

21. Compactor_3263827

Compactor_3263827 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2003
    "Now, what I COULD see him doing is replacing Shaw with Christensen in the Force-ghosts scene."

Well, if he did that, I guess he'd have to replace Alec Guiness with Ewan McGregor, 'cause otherwise it'd look out of place, and I don't think he's gonna be doing that.

What I see him doing is just adding Qui-Gon to the scene. That's a bit more reasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.