main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Wocky, did you receive this note?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    But there's a window, beginning midnight 26 December and continuing for 12 months, where it's not ok to play Christmas music.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why not? Have you never read Charles Dickens? The whole moral of the story was that Scrooge was supposed to keep Christmas in his heart all year round.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Why is Christmas music different from any other genre? I don't only listen to songs about drugs while I'm actually taking drugs. And I listen to tons of songs about murdering people, but I've never actually murdered anybody. Why do I have to listen to songs about snow only when there's actually snow on the ground?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    because there's a time when a man's sanity should be a hallowed thing, protected from constant assault by inane seasonal ditties.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Well there's your problem. As well as the problem with most people who hate christmas music. You only think of the worst of it. The 'inane seasonal ditties', which are in fact terrible, are not to be held up as the pinnacle of christmas music. Basically, if it was written after 1970, you can ignore its existence. (with, again, the exception of TSO, who actually know how to write good christmas songs)