main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Wolf whelp", the story of a female clone, comment co-author & fanart 23rd Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    At least she's safe for now.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    exciting update, no doubt inspired by your journey and nice to see her safe.=D=

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    NICOLE! I didn?t know until yesterday that there have been multiple updates since December!!!

GAAAHH so much to catch up on!

How you possessed the power to reach its restricted information is a mystery to me.?

Confused I answered truthfully: ?I only did ask about the creation of life. The holocron reacted to my questions as usual.?

I sometimes find it hilarious how children can do things that adults can?t.

Without the help of my loyal Mediclorians I would have dropped dead with physical and mental exhaustion. They made my feet fly over the meadows and hills of our property.

*mutters* well bully for her and her connection to the Force
    :p

?Do you want to live?? he shouted towards me.

LOL of course she does!
    But :( I feel so bad for her.

I was reflecting on granny´s fate.

*winces* Definitely not the greatest idea.

Chapter 2

Family. This was a word to ponder on. Granny always had felt like family, but in the end she just had been a vassal to a foreign queen.

So? That doesn?t mean she?s not family.
    And clones are totally people.

If I would not be a real being, the Mediclorians never would have chosen a symbiosis with me.

AGREED! What a great way of thinking.
    I?m so glad to see that she?s [trying to] stay strong

I was amazed about the high spirits in which those Elves lived, but they had chosen not to hate the unfriendly climate around them. They had embraced it as an old friend

They are true elves :)

Evil was not the right word to describe Her Holiness Mórag MagUhidir. She stood high above such simple terms and this made her a dangerous foe.

It?s probably wrong for me to laugh, but that made me chuckle. It?s an apt description, yes, but the wording of it was just?great.

?Starring is not polite, my grand-mother has taught me.?

That should be ?staring.?
    Also, I?m sure many are staring at her in fear.

No fear was in her heart, just amusement.

Svala is definitely adorable.

?But you are not among your people any longer.? Gáirdean, the steward, had entered the kitchen. He looked not pleased at all. ?You are with us and we do not wish you to get burned alive for wearing that. Give it to me.?

Aw :( That is so sad. Stupid prejudices.
    And poor Svala!

The Skywalker passed on this knowledge to his kin ? twelve children who would pass on the Force to their children.

*blink* 12 kids? I don?t remember that! Hahaha But I wasn?t the kind of person who delved into the Journal of the Whills information.

It is bad enough to face Mórag on her own, but to have some of her priestesses here is too much for me.?

Personally, I think the priestesses would be better to handle than Morag, but all of them together?yeesh. Talk about insanity. I?d be in the kitchen crying too.

yet I felt stricken. It would always be like this, a half-life. For the truth was never to be told to another living being.

She?ll find someone to share it with. I know she will.

Due to heavy snow fall, Her Holiness Mórag MagUhidir and her travel company stayed on for another week.

Ugh. Just another reason to hate snow.

And it would be a child who makes everything go wrong *rolls eyes*

?Can it talk at all??

It actually could speak the two main Elfin languages, the dialects of the Ophidea, Basic and some rudimentary sentences of the Udalers, the humans of the Northern Regions. But right now my tongue was glued to my upper jaw.

*snerk* [face_laugh] probably for the best

I had no better place to keep the amulet save and hidden than in my underwear.

Eh, as good a place as any.

I felt so utterly sorry for the kind laird. For him it was no help that the sins of his wife were devoured by another person.

*nods* very true

I ask the female staff members to either be in a group or in male company when moving through the castle. His Lordship is beside himself with grief. I do not know how long it will take him to overcome the loss of his beloved wife. We all need to be stro

4. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Yay I got to it!

Chapter 3:

Since Her Ladyship Meala O´Gradaigh and her still born child had been cremated, the laird had undergone a total change of personality.

Can?t blame him, I really can?t. Yet going on like that for 3 years?that takes the life out of you.

This incident had no meaning at all. His Lordship would sink back into the sea of despair again.

She?s right. He most likely didn?t see who it was in his drunken state.

My tell-tale heart also kept quiet.

That?s the third or fourth time you phrased it that way. After a time, it gets redundant and is unneeded. =/

We both shrieked with fright when the bell rang.

[face_laugh]

YAY for him beginning to act normal! Maybe a little romance was all he needed ;)

I was highly alert though, for His Lordship had developed an unhealthy interest in me. He started to watch me from the shadows of his hiding places, thinking I would not notice him.

A little creepy.

I neglected my healing duties rather badly deal, but luckily there was no need for them at all over the following weeks.

Aw :( Well, I?m sure if there was something important she would have helped the person/people.

Within the next hour my body got hurt a big deal, but a cocoon of mantras did shield my soul from any harm.

Wait. That?s beyond creepy. He raped her?! Oh no, oh no :( :_|

Aobrann was cursing His Lordship.

Probably in a very vicious way. And I am too.

With how you have her thoughts jumbled and in very short sentences, her state of mind is portrayed well. Though, of course, not as BEING well. Still, it works great.

I was also very mindful of all the negative emotions which led to the Dark Side: anger, fear, aggression, and hate.

Yeah, well, at this point in time I?m sure no one would blame her.

Officially I was dead to the world, or better to say His Lordship. They told him that I had ran off into the snow the night he had attacked me. Some bloody rags were to confirm that the wolves had gotten me. He believed the story, though he did mourn for me dearly.

1. Good because now he won?t come after her.
    2. Oh that angers me. He MOURNS for her? What a filthy bastard.

I learned to live and focus on the present. There was no need for me to dwell on the past nor be overly concerned about the future

I really wish I could live that way.

?It is me that the abbess wants. Once she finds out that I am with child, and she will, things will get even worse. For me, for you, for everybody in this castle. When I leave now, you all will stay unharmed.?

:( Aw

Like most Elves of the Daoine Side stock he was a very tall person. His straw-blond hair hung loose and was of shoulder-length. It hung down his back uncombed and filthy. Dry blood stuck in his stubby beard. Despite his ragged clothing he had an air of elegance around him.

And I?m sure, if he were to clean up, he?d be cute ;)
    Just saying

?It is not a curse. You are but a failed gene experiment. You are not even a real nahual.?

I do believe that, as a clone, she has no right to judge.

Yet I had no intention of ever meeting him again. My salvation was a life without his stale breath in my neck.

I don?t blame her!

On one hand I feel bad for her living in the wilderness. On the other, I know it?s of her choice and that she feels better because of it. So I?m glad she?s happy and that her pregnancy is going as smooth as it can be.

Until winter [face_plain]

I had been by far too weak to protest when Malm had dressed me in the fashion of his people: woollen undergarments, boon-dockers with fleece inlay and a heavy capes with a fur edge.

Aw, that?s really great of him. It does sound very warm and comforting.

In the past it had not mattered that much to me how people dressed and how they looked. I would have to blend in properly though, to assure my child a better future.

Ah. That is very smart of her to think that way.

Malm´s sister-in-law was a beanmna feasa.

What

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    A new life had begun for me and my son. I knew it would be a son. I would call him Eibhear, which meant granite in the language of the Daoine Side. His soul name would be Amhantar, lee side.

The best thing was: he would be mine alone. Nobody, not even his father, would be able to make claims on him.

Bringing the next generation to life.=D=

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    There are things about people that we would never suspect.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    New secrets are revealed in an exciting way.=D=

9. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Dear pants, thanks for all your comments, tips and questions. "Wolf Whelp" needs midichlorians and Force users, because it plays around the same time as "Serpent-Spawn" and at the same locations.

Ah, that makes sense. Also with Sionnach being more jumpy than Isa. Her upbringing was a lot different, and she seems to be more of an ?active? person, especially mentally.

And the "beanmna feasa" are the priestesses of the White Goddess Darach. Morág is their high priestress. She was already in "Serpent-Spawn".

Thank you, and for the excerpt! I don?t remember such details like that, especially after such a lengthy amount of time.

[:D]

Chapter 4:

The aura of my host was slightly unstable. It shifted from dark colours to bright ones rather easily. Yet there was no outburst of the Dark Side. She was surprisingly constant in her instability.

What a fun play on words. And I?d prefer her to be a stable unstable Dark Sider.

?I imagined a clone to look more dangerous and distorted.?

*rolls eyes*

?It is the darkest, most sinister profession among the royal scientists. It requires them to use more of the Dark Side than a Force user normally has access to: to summon the dead, to steal health from corpses and essentially use death derived abilities to one´s own advantage.

Yeah, that?s just creepy. It?s an abomination, I think.

That stew contained whatever vegetables and meat were available, and was added to day by day.

Oh that sounds delicious.

Her four-fingered hands, common for a true blooded Daoine Side, were so delicate. Yet they had done horrible deeds.

This is why we say you can?t judge a ?book? by its cover.

Her heart was pure and good despite all the horror she had brought into people´s life in the past.

Hard to believe. Still, people can definitely change.

?Yes.? Draíocht´s face darkened. ?It was when I was instructed to... question... a human boy that was still a toddler and barely able to speak. I saw no sense in this mission at all.?

Her past is definitely interesting.
    And :( :( :_| that poor boy

That was a powerful update, gave a lot to think about.

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yepp, dear Misty. As pants points out as well: "Never judge a book by its cover!"

I wanted to re-introduce the Order of the beanmna fease again and remember the reader what they are up to in the name of the light, dearest bird.

There is a German saying, dear pants: "Der Zweck heiligt die Mittel." That means that folk really believe that they are the Chosen ones and serve the light while doing the most dreadful things to fellow humans.

This up-date came to life while I was watching National Geographic. It was about one of the most scary books ever written: "Der Hexenhammer" (in Latin: "Malleus Maleficarum").

What also was very helpful were all the busy authors with all their brilliant re-search of Wookiepedia. This place is the best on-line place to explore the SW universe and learn how it works.

Anyway, it is up-date time again, girls:

Luckily spring was still very far away. The weather was ghastly most of the times. More than once we heard trees crashing down somewhere in the surrounding forest grounds.

I grew accustomed working indoors with Draíocht and playing with her children. Hjorton was the youngest, a sturdy baby with red cheeks. The twins Torsk and Rådjur, just seven years old, were wild and full of good mischief. The ten year old Jord was a helpful fellow, regarding himself as the man of the house.

All children adored their uncle Malm, who was the oldest brother of their deceased father. He was in his late forties and unmarried.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    This must have been inspired by your visit to the Harz.

Wonderful descriptions of the festivities and life in winter.

And now she is on the run?

Cliffie;)

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Sorry to hear about your problems, it really isn't fair.

Christmastime, a magical time of the year.

So she is leaving?

13. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    Just checking my up-date list as my up-date sock:

*Lady_Misty

*earlybird-Obi-Wan

*SWpants666

*GKilkenny

Any one else? [face_batting]

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    We celebrated the Winter Solstice with julbord, which traditionally included baked ham, pickled herring and a large collection of meatballs. It was served with beer, herbal snaps and glögg

Glögg was a mulled wine, containing spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and bitter orange. Often it was ?topped? with some vodka and served with raisins and almonds.

The gifts lay under an ever-green tree that was nicely ornamented with stars made out of straw and baked cookies.

Over the next three days and nights, there was much singing, eating and dancing around the tree.

That sounds nice.[:D]

15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    There is a German saying, dear pants: "Der Zweck heiligt die Mittel." That means that folk really believe that they are the Chosen ones and serve the light while doing the most dreadful things to fellow humans.

:( And it?s so true

She managed to keep my name a secret, which was silently accepted. So everybody found a nickname for me: Falu. Falu rödfärg was the name of a deep red paint well known for its use on wooden cottages and barns.

Heh, that?s awesome

I ran danger of harm the baby, but I had to try.

On one hand I can?t believe it. On the other?well, it?s very her.

I?m gla she was okay

?I decided that you are too interesting to kill.?

*raises eyebrow* Oh?

?There is a trade freighter from Sapuhru nearby. Hide there and fly off! She would never follow you off-word. Especially not into cat territory.?

Ooohh interesting

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    When you read the following chapter you see it all, dear misty.

Actually I dare to post the entire chapter because

a) my last one was so short
    b) this is the very link from "Serpent-spawn" and "Wolf whelp"
    c) and because I can for all is written the past week until Chapter 15. (My husband has already edited everything until Chapter 11.)

Well, dear Gkilkenny, I did remember those Nordic Christmas traditions from taking two Swedish language courses during my teacher studies. Then I gave Swedish up in favour of the Dutch language and a very special man.

Dear pants, Sionnach is a survivor and has a noble heart. No matter how dark things get. You will find out now:

Chapter 6: Desert sand

Reflecting on the matter much later on, it occurred to me that Taran Cù Sìth had underestimated the precision of feline noses. Not even the Force had been able to cloak me from the two spice traders. Their ancestors had been trained to hunt down Elves in this climate. Their current profession had even further sharpened their sense of smell.

Jonc and his partner Salopard dragged me on-board by my own hair. Both were muscular Lidérc in crimson red desert robes. Only their cruel cat eyes and some felt could be seen under their veils.

During the flight to Saphuru I found out that there were worse things in life than the Holy Inquisition. Or acts of necromancy committed with the help of the Dark Side. Nothing had prepared me for the living nightmare that I faced. Heavily drugged, my Midi-chlorians gave in and collapsed. I even feared for the health of my unborn baby.

On the very day of my arrival at their desert home world I was forced to walk the streets of Fort du Montage straight away.

Soon I found out that the desert nights were utterly cold and full of more violence for me. At daytime I got locked away in places too dreadful to describe.

My customers did not care about the bad shape that I was in. My advanced pregnancy even increased their greed. They paid little fortunes for a tait-a-tait with me.

After a sun week Jonc had a row with his partner

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Great chapter!

I am very happy that you might be getting a job.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see the connection to Snake spawn and a very nice chapter.

She is safe for the moment[face_dancing]

19. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Nothing had prepared me for the living nightmare that I faced. Heavily drugged, my Midi-chlorians gave in and collapsed. I even feared for the health of my unborn baby.

:( *whimpers* I feel so bad for her

Somehow I was able to find my own voice again, which was extremely hoarse from lack of water. ?I am not allowed to go away with strangers.?

[face_laugh] Out of everything that?s happened, that?s what she decides to say?

My saviour bowed in front of me in courtly manners. ?Vicomte Ankou, at your service. And this is my Honoured step-sister Marquise Isabeau Riwalan.?

Ah! I like that she recognizes him as a son of Skywalker.
    And yay Isa!

?Milady?, Vicomte Ankou spoke even milder to me than before, ?I will find this man and the rest of his organization anyway. They can neither hide from me nor from the law. I will bring them down one by one if necessary . Your help would be very much appreciated though.?

Go him :D
    I feel so terrible for her though, being too afraid to say anything.

I was too weak to jump down. As if the animal knew about my slight distress it went down on its massive knees and gave me a friendly snort.

Aw :)

?We both turned away from the common truth. And I am not the one offering my body to flea infected cat demons.?

At this point I had my nervous breakdown. I could not stop crying.

Ouch. :( Ah but she does have a point.
    Still, it?s too much for Sionnach

I really like Ruadhan Ahearne . He seems very awesome.

How was I to explain myself to Ruadhan Ahearne? There was no way to make him understand that I was artificial life grown out of dead body cells. The body cells of his stillborn daughter.

*winces* No, there is no easy way to say that. Talk about an awkward conversation

First I was scared being cleaned by unknown hands, but finally I gave in to the sponges, peeling gloves, lukewarm water and towels that touched me unasked.

That sounds incredibly relaxing.

I was who I was. It could not be changed.

No, it can?t. I wish more people saw/understood that.
    It?s great too that she?s able to find some blessing in being a clone.

But for now I was done with running away from people who badly wanted me. The baby would be due soon.

It makes me extremely happy that she is able to provide such time to relax. And, of course, that she was able to turn from the Dark Side.

Cold hands reached out for my heart, wringing it thoroughly. Back at Draconis there was a very deep glen. Somewhere at it´s bottom my own holocron rested. It dreamed of revenge.

I paled and took a step backwards.

RESIST! RESIST!!

...phew...

?My dear friend, my own children have been playing with these holocrons on a daily basis ever since they were able to leave their bed-nest. I assure you there is nothing evil in them.?

Probably because the guy?s kids aren?t Force sensitive. Yeesh. That scares me!

The use of a simple holocron had made her an outcast among her own people.

Great. Now you make me feel bad for her.
    Though, to be fair?using a holocron isn?t evil in itself?

Each time a servant woman showed up I was provided with treats for the body or for the soul.

Yup, I?m jealous.

It was also unhealthy to dwell in shame. I had been a victim, but if I did not let go of the darkness in me then I would always remain trapped in it.

So. Very. True.

Yo, she?s crazy having Eibhear without help!

. ?I have learned to survive on my own a long time ago. It never did occur to me that I should ask for help. The Force was with me.?

So sad. And it doesn?t make her any less crazy :p

Eibhear started crying in his cradle. The tense atmosphere was getting at him.

!! He?s Force sensitive! :)

You have to stay in this sanctuary for good.?

But?but?:(

At least she?s taking it in stride. *sigh*

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    How was I to explain myself to Ruadhan Ahearne? There was no way to make him understand that I was artificial life grown out of dead body cells. The body cells of his stillborn daughter.

It would be hard to explain about the cells, I'm sure he'll understand .

[face_good_luck] Good luck to you Nicole.

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Keep on pressing your thumbs, dear Misty. I also wonder what you will make of the next chapter!

Dear bird, the future is always in motion and the balance of the Force always shifting.

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I'd be unhappy in her place, although learning about poisons and other toxins is helpful to know if someone has been poisoned.

23. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Dear pants, my husband and I equally enjoy your long comments. They are thoughtful, filled with empathy and great fun to read.

Eibhear is as Force sensitive as much "the guy´s children". Sionnach was meeting Senator Agathos Aletheia without knowing. Their paths will cross again one fine day in the far away future.

She will continue fighting the Dark Side her way. Be braced for the next chapter to come.

I know these days that my husband is editing when I hear him yelling and giving out to a certain desert prince.

YAY! And I enjoy writing them :D I really do feel the need to comment on a lot of what I read.

I do hope she does continue FIGHTING the Dark Side. She?s strong. Very different from Isa too. I like that. It gives her more character, allows her to be herself.

LOL awww he?s a wonderful hubby :D

Chapter 6:

I looked at my four-fingered Elfin hands, not wishing for the first time I had more human ones. To play a music instrument meant for humans was difficult with just eight fingers.

Awww. She can always make an instrument ;)

Luçien. What a wonderful name the son of the Skywalker had. It came from the old Ophidea word for light: lux.

Two things:
    1. I really like his name too.
    2. Wait, how do you pronounce it? Lux-en or Loosh-en?

Actually a third thing: Will I hate him in this fic? Because I didn?t like who he became in the last one, because I wanted to like him.

Being among the fauna and other plants sounds amazing. Oh I wish I was there. It seems incredibly relaxing.

My baby son did not care. His main interest was milk and the place he could get it from.

[face_laugh] But hey, you never know. Her talking to him like an adult may actually help his brain processes. I think I read that somewhere?

?A healer also must know about the shadow sides of his or her trade.?

:( It?s true. But I have a bad feeling this will turn against her?

?Every poison has it´s antidote.

It really is incredibly important for her to learn of poisons and their antidotes.

?Vendettas? You mean that people really solve a feud like this? By killing an opponent with poison??

Is she really that naïve?

?I cannot allow street business like this in my city. His methods of treating a woman cannot be excused.?

?You are not better than him.? I sobbed and fled the room.

You just?can?t fight fire with fire. There are other ways to deal with people. Bah! I still want to like him!!

?Luçien is a good person in his own terms. He cannot help being a product of his education and culture. None of us can.?

Eh. Bah. I want to beg to differ. But I want to like him. But he?s not that great. RAWR
    STOP MAKING ME WANT TO LIKE PEOPLE WHO AREN?T REALLY ALL THAT GOOD!

On a completely other note, I really want a massage now, even more than I did before.

A deep blue face with disturbing red eyes appeared. Dark blue hair framed a very sharp face with high cheekbones and a thin nose. I was staring at a legendary Asrai, a water elf.

They can?t be out in day? *looks it up* Oh, okay, the Asrai are, not all water elves are said to be. The site I found said they were all female.
    Cool though! Very surprising she?s out in the sun.

Is it weird that, despite the fact you said ?disturbing red eyes,? I?m not terribly frightened of her?
    (yet)

?For me it only felt as if a cloud had hidden the sun for a brief moment.? the patron answered truthfully.

I reached out deep inside me. My blood flowed at its usual pace. The organs worked as they should. There was no physical harm done.

That?s scary. And it?s good she wasn?t physically harmed.

I shrugged my shoulders. ?During my childhood on Draconis I had my own holocron.?

A moan escaped Minou´s throat, before she was able to say: ?I would never have expected you to be a servant of the Dark Side.?

*headdesk*
    I understand where Minou is coming from, but that would be similar to me saying, ?I own a gun.? To which someone responds, ?I didn?t know you were a murderer/hunt

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    This child here knows more about the ways of the Force than any of us. She is the ray of light that I had been hoping for in my son´s life. Being with her will do him good and soften his ego.?

Lets hope so.=D=

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    exciting update with Lucien again in the story