Before "Wolf whelp", the story of a female clone, comment co-author & fanart 23rd Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Dec 4, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    more and more is coming clear with now Cat litter being published as well.
  2. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    As Elfin children they take twice as much time as human children towards being adultery and with 50 years they have their golden youth that goes on more than 1.000 years. That is why the Ophidea do not like the Elfin race. Their long, unnatural lives..

I was wondering...Sionnach is only an half-blood elf, right? So her children are 1/4th elf? Does that also decrease their life-span? Or do they have the full elfin life-span?

You mean adulthood, btw. "Adultery" means "Ehebruch". [face_shhh] Just for future reference.

?You know who was very gentle with me and gave me medical advice? The Vicomte. When he was around me, he would take care that I was comfortable and at ease. Now and then I caught him giving me a tormented look. In those moments it seemed that his entire life was a never-ending nightmare.?

Heulwen is not the only one who remembers the kindness of Lucien. But still, his actions ...

?Stop finding excuses for him! He is a telepath same as we are. Therefore he knows exactly that it is one of the greatest crimes, messing around in other people´s head.?

*nods* *nods*

Smiling her sad smile, Caelestris slid her arms around Dána. ?That is why he suffers so much.?

Jacen... :(

?The result on your mind was the same. This is why I am so frightened for Grianán. A white torture mentally damages people.?

[face_worried] I'm getting more and more worried about Grianan.

The cell that Aranea, Mora and Luna were imprisoned in was an extremely white room.

That's an unusual room for a cell. But I like the idea.

?Dark Siders and psychological torture,? Dána stared ahead of her.

:eek: She wrote an entire dissertion on that topic? [face_sick]

Aranea was not that easily reconciled. ?Can we expect Mora´s thesis supervisors in here as well? Might give us a chance for a real card game.?

She does have a point.

The face of Dána showed hard, firm lines. ?Why did you three never lose a word about it? We grew up together.?

?Back than I did not know what to write,? Mora offered.

[face_laugh]
    Ehm...I bet Dana will hate that answer.

"He already went for nudity, head shaving and hooding last time. Did he not??

Lucien... :_|

?I do not mean to sound harsh, but all of you had eyes to see. Those tattoo patterns are nothing the Elfin culture would come up with. Their origin is unmistakable Sapuhru. The shaving of body hair is also something that a witch hunter from the Brotherhood of Shadows does to an accused.?

Unfortunately she's right. All of them have been blind for a long time.

"You are an expansion of my family, whether I like it or not. So are Aranea and Luna. We are in it together.?

Despite the gravity of the situation, this made me happy. [face_love]

The face of Mora turned as soft as bantha butter. ?Can somebody pinch me? Did she just accept us into the royal family??

?Nobody will get titles, lands and rights from me!? Dána tried to banish a spreading smile from her features.

[face_laugh] I like how Dana accepted them and even smiled. She does like the "rat pack" after all.

Here in the mountains and all over the Northern Hemisphere people had a simple definition for family. It was not one of the blood. Persons who lived under the same roof and who shared the contents of their hearts with one another counted as family.

[face_love] I like how the staff is part of the family.

?It sounds like he has a drug problem,? volunteered Iocus.

Sounds like a mental problem.

?None of us is free from falling. Never take anything for granted. What makes the Dark Side so dangerous is its omnipresence. It hides in our daily choices, is woven into the stuff that our dreams are made off. Even the best intention can be turned and twisted.?

Great discussion and analysation of the Dark Side, here! I like how she's making them see how even the best person can fall, like Lucien and Jacen. Like they say: The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
  3. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    That makes me feel like one of the witches of Oz. ;)

4. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    I even worked for a couple where the husband had been tortured.

:( :( That sounds terrible

Daná has matured and passed her hate phase.

:D Which is always a good thing!

He already will get mutilated by my husband if he ever rings our door bell. You need to get in a line of people who have murderous thoughts about him.

[face_laugh]
  5. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    @};-

Okay, here a little update for everybody about Sionnach finding the Holy Grail of Truth.

As we know the Old Republic fell because Palps was so clever to cover up his sithly plotting. Even the Jedi Council was blind to him being the evil guy.

Let us see now what occurs here at Draconis:

The following morning we scheduled a trip to Luçien´s hunting lodge. Only Eibhear, Garou, Ciall, Rudhan and I knew where it was located. The rest of our company had never set eyes on it before. The common mood was a mix of hope, anxiety and wanderlust. None of us had a clue what we would find inside.

While my three sons helped me to prepare our horses for the journey Éleos argued camly with a flustered Aranea: "No rancors please! Just horses. They react differently at a crime scene that is effected by the Dark Side of the Force."

"Come on, Eli! It was always your mother doing that to them. They have not misbehaved for a very long time. I bet you cannot name any incident the past fifteen years, can you now??

?No,? he answered humbly.

Encouraged Aranea moved on: ?Daisy here is a well-mannered creature and surprisingly gentle. Are you not?" She stroked the large rancor mare enthusiastically, that rained saliva down on her. "See? She just wants to cuddle! Aw, good girl."

Éleos smiled brightly at the large animal, but his opinion remained unchanged. "Even if Daisy is as harmless as her name might indicate, she and her sisters stay here at Dún Barr for today. I also do not think that the presence of the psychic investigation team is really necessary."

Only now I noticed four women and two men lingering around the stable entrance, trying to blend in. They wore casual, though businesslike, clothing and no uniforms.

"Whatever we will find, when we get to the lodge, let us deal with it as one family. Together! No outside forces needed." Éleos stayed friendly, but determined.

Aranea shifted into a rigid posure. "That team has become a part of my patch work family since I joined fovea centralis!"

"Your brothers and sisters stay at home. With the rancors. Twenty-one people invading Luçien´s little kingdom are more than enough. Believe me! I am not looking for trouble. I am looking for answers."

"You do not need to take Val, you know!" she sulked.

"He is family of Luçien, an expert of the holy scrolls, a compensational Force healer and, as far as I was able to find out, part of Grianán´s inner war council."

Her features became unreadable. "I have no clue what you are talking about, Eli. My department has no knowledge of open cooperation with one of your Force knights."

"Sure.? He winked at her. ?This is why I will arrest Grianán as soon as she steps on Draconian soil.?

She laughed at his thread. ?No, you would never do such a thing. Not you, the great Force philosopher, writing one book after the other.?

Astonished, I gazed at my smiley cousin, seeing once more how little I knew the members of the royal family. He leaned over to Aranea. ?I know how to break Grianán without harming her. The method is called brotherly love. You will not find it in any fovea centralis handbook about torture though. It is too subtle and
  6. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    :D I wanted a mature good queen on the throne.

YES! haha I don't blame you :)

The common mood was a mix of hope, anxiety and wanderlust. None of us had a clue what we would find inside.

And see, that makes me excited to read about it! In a good AND bad way. Because it's Lucien.

?I know how to break Grianán without harming her. The method is called brotherly love. You will not find it in any fovea centralis handbook about torture though. It is too subtle and powerful to write about. It is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized age."

[face_laugh] Oohh brotherly love. How terrifying *laughs*

?You really bond with animals, don´t you?? I asked my son.

?Animal friendship can come in handy,? he admitted.

That makes me think of Jacen, which makes me think about what LucasBooks did to him :(
    Ah, the animal bonds are awesome though.

?What?? she called out. ?Luçien has her diary? Is it not enough that he has kept her drugged ever since her return? With you helping him to mix all that pain medication and those nightcaps??

Yeesh, it definitely is worse. Now he truly knows all her inner thoughts (or at least plenty of them)
    :( :(
  7. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    A hunting lodge. Guess every villain
  8. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    ... has one? Yeah, but he has no sharks with little laser guns attached to them.

I watched the "Austin Powers" movies with great interest. So deceided against a gloomy castle, lonely island and other stuff, dear Misty. ;)

9. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Encouraged Aranea moved on: ?Daisy here is a well-mannered creature and surprisingly gentle. Are you not?" She stroked the large rancor mare enthusiastically, that rained saliva down on her. "See? She just wants to cuddle! Aw, good girl."

Eh... [face_laugh] Ehm... [face_laugh] A Rancor called "Daisy"? And just wants to cuddle? Lol! [face_laugh] I would be suspicious like Eleos, too!

Twenty-one people invading Luçien´s little kingdom are more than enough.

I would think so, too. Besides, those 21 can take care of themselves and are also capable of investigating on their own. No need for a special, additional team.

"You do not need to take Val, you know!" she sulked.

"He is family of Luçien, an expert of the holy scrolls, a compensational Force healer and, as far as I was able to find out, part of Grianán´s inner war council."

So that's why he doesn't want to take that team with him.

Grianan had a war council? :eek:

He winked at her. ?This is why I will arrest Grianán as soon as she steps on Draconian soil.?

Is he serious?

?I know how to break Grianán without harming her. The method is called brotherly love. You will not find it in any fovea centralis handbook about torture though. It is too subtle and powerful to write about."

His first sentence scared me, but then I read on. The love between family members is a powerful force, indeed.

Garou gave me a stern look. ?They are also blessed beings in the Force. And if you would know them better, you would find out that they are also great fun, maman.?

Sionnach will probably associate them with Arcana killing her grandmother while riding on a rancor. Can't help being wary of them after that experience.

?You really bond with animals, don´t you?? I asked my son.

?Animal friendship can come in handy,? he admitted.

Interesting to see some of the children's powers.

Glancing at the rancors I decided that this particular Force skill was better re-named into beast control.

[face_laugh] There is a force skill with that name.

Garou had kept on talking chattily. ?...like that pair of mice that I am befriended with. They told me the exact hiding place of Aunt Grianán´s secret diary. Otherwise I could never have smuggled it into papa´s ship.?

:eek: *freaks out* Garou, why did you help him??? :_| I thought he knew what Lucien is like. :_| That will make everything even worse for Grianan, because it will give Lucien more insight into her. And then he'll know how to make her hurt even more.

Aranea was with us within several heartbeats, startling our horse. ?What?? she called out. ?Luçien has her diary? Is it not enough that he has kept her drugged ever since her return? With you helping him to mix all that pain medication and those nightcaps??

Wait, wait! Who helped her mix those meds? Garou? :eek:

?Oh, I am soooo looking forward to this trip!? Skylt called from his pony. ?I really do.?

Daná joined in: ?Me, too. It will be a blast! Can we get going now??

I'm still trying to decide if Skylt really looks forward to it, seeing that he's still a child, or if these two lines are pure sarcasm.

I'm so happy they'll go and do something now. I hope they'll find something useful. And I hope Lucien and Grianan will come back, soon.

=D= Interesting revelation.
  10. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
  11. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice update with the animals and remarks about them.
  12. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Great writing and I love that you called the rancor Daisy.[face_love]
  13. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I simply love animals and have this intense relationship with the neighbour cat, even though I do NOT feed him or let him inside our house.

Thanks, Gkilkenny. Actually most of the rancors are called after plants in the last update of mine.

Okay, a short check with the update list of "Wolf whelp".

* Gkilkenny
    * earlybird-obi-wan
    * SWpants666
    * Lady_Misty
    * Chilla
    * FelsGooddess

and of course in private:

* DarthUncle who gets unwanted live readings and people starting
    pillow talks with strange subjects such as "white torture" or the dangers of the Dark Side within a relationship

Anybody on or off?
  14. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Could you add me to your update list, please? This is one huge roller coaster ride! Fascinating tale, and blurs the lines between right and wrong, between doing things for the right reasons and simply being so rigid with the rules one gets to the point where the reasons don't matter anymore.
  15. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, hi there, Dm1! It has been a while. I saw you posting at some jolly good fanfics that I also like a lot. Of course I can add you to the PM update list!

:)

You make me very happy with your praise. I was so happy in front of my computer that I almost dropped my bowl with ´Kellog smacks´. My students will suffer my happiness today as much as the neighbour cat just did outside. Normally s(he) runs after me and not the other way around.S(he) is still very puzzled that I ran out of the kitchen singing and moving like a rabbit.

Okay, the update list for "Wolf whelp" looks this way now:

* (DarthUncle, the shadow lurker & best husband ever)
    * Gkilkenny
    * earlybird-obi-wan
    * SWpants666
    * Lady_Misty
    * Chilla
    * FelsGooddess
    * Dm1

Anybody else on or off?

And do not forget folks, I already started telling Grianán´s point of view of events - the one who is missing and perhaps hurting.

And we still have the old closed file on Isabeau, Lucien´s deceased step-sister. In case anybody wants to check on her as well.

And sweet DU, I use orange because I live in the Netherlands with you. That is why. Even though on the boards this colour is no eye soother.
  16. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Azure, great updates! Really enjoying your story.
  17. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks, dear Fels. Here is more than:

Chapter 40: The Hall of Fire

Garou waited until we were both in the saddle again and Valiant was standing next to us with his own mount. It was difficult to say where the Lidérc began and the grey horse ended. They looked like one unit. ?You still want to know the ingredients, don't you?? my son said with words as soft as an ancient psalm.

?Most of all, I want the truth,? I claimed.

He exchanged a long look with his distant relative, who nodded encouragingly. ?In order to understand the cures we tried, you need to know more about the tattoo ink itself, maman. For Aunt Grianán, a vessel of the Light Side, it had a fatal effect. Her natural goodness was like a magnet. The phantom menace of the ink got deep into her bones, destroying her bone marrow. It is like bone cancer really. A very slow and mean form of bone cancer.?

I started cursing myself. Why had I not seen the distress that my cousin had been in? Nothing in her aura had indicated her bad state of health to me. She just had looked tired and worn now and then. But I had not been able to detect her pain in any way.

Valiant volunteered to help me out. ?Sionnach, Grianán is a very private and secretive person. Not even Aranea, Mora and Luna know all her secrets. And they are her best friends from her childhood days on. You should not blame yourself that you failed as a Force healer.?

I searched his unveiled copper face and found only fundamental regret. Nothing else. ?She wanted to be my teacher in the ways of the Unifying Force. And I accepted gladly. Why did she not confide in me? She should have.?

He shrugged, looking lost and uncomfortable with the question that I had posed to him. ?I assume she saw that you were already in a difficult situation with Luçien. She might have been unwilling to burden you with any more sadness. This is how she is.?

?Do you remember the day that Aunt Grianán went missing, maman?? Garou turned around to me as much as his spine allowed him to do so. ?And Uncle Èleos searched the entire castle for her? Having all the Force knights help him??

I nodded.

?Aunt Grianán has perfected her skill to mask her presence in the Force so much that even her own siblings cannot feel her any longer. Phren and Tachys were the ones who taught her how. On their dying day. And you know from whom they learnt that skill originally. From papa.?

It was yet again that the Force ghosts of the twins were mentioned to me by him. Instead of being overly jealous I told myself that they must have had their reasons not to visit me. The sadness stayed the same though.

Garou, aware of what I felt, began stroking my hands. His touch was different from his father´s. It was honest and concerned. ?Since the day Aunt Grianán was born she has had the finest teachers for her Force skills one can imagine:
    Mora´s mother Clementia, Aranea, her older brothers Èleos and Sereno, Phren, Tachys, old Helygen from the Adar tribe and Mórag. Of course she could fool you easily, maman. She is good at deceiving her environment This is why papa called her lovingly his ´petite marchande d´illusion´ in private.?

?Little illusion seller?? I translated straight away and granted him a deep frown. ?How well do they really know each other??

Valiant was quicker with his answer. ?Luçien saw her growing-up, Sionnach. Even though Isabeau tried to put a big distance between them. See, Grianán was the substitute for the daughter he had lost at Polysýndeton. First. Then their relationship changed into a sort of friendship.?

?You mean they saw each other between the events of Polysýndeton and her return to the royal court??

?It appears so.? The Force knight looked down at his gloved hands, that were tight with stress. Not even the rat pack knows for sure.?

The unforeseen contact with Èleos´ thigh star
  18. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    ?In order to understand the cures we tried, you need to know more about the tattoo ink itself, maman.

Hm, that makes a lot of sense.

?Aunt Grianán has perfected her skill to mask her presence in the Force so much that even her own siblings cannot feel her any longer.

That?s sad. I feel bad for her siblings, just as I felt bad for the Solos and Skywalkers with Jacen.

Garou, aware of what I felt, began stroking my hands. His touch was different from his father´s. It was honest and concerned.

She totally deserves a touch like that.

Agonized, my son hung his head. ?The main ingredient was deadly nightshade.?

[face_plain]

I shrugged. ?It is Luçien, right? When he has a project running he puts a lot of effort into it. Sometimes a bit too much, if you ask me.

That?s because he?s stuck up and arrogant.

?Just distract him! I need to know. She bled so many times in my arms, that I need to know if she also did some bleeding in there.?

Makes sense.
    Poor Grianan :( Oh I feel so bad for her.

I was just an intruder. And he never allowed me into his bed room. Not even for a little peak. I was not welcome here.?

Honestly?I don?t know if I would want to be welcome there.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice explaining update. Now even more of the connections are becoming clear
  20. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    "The phantom menace of the ink got deep into her bones, destroying her bone marrow. It is like bone cancer really. A very slow and mean form of bone cancer.?

:eek: Lucien, WHY?????

Why had I not seen the distress that my cousin had been in? Nothing in her aura had indicated her bad state of health to me. She just had looked tired and worn now and then. But I had not been able to detect her pain in any way.

Because Grianan is exceptionally strong. And she probably used the Force to help her. Healing trances, easing or supressing the pain....

You should not blame yourself that you failed as a Force healer.?

He's right, but it still hurts to have him say she failed.

"Why did she not confide in me? She should have.?

Her siblings must feel even worse.

?Aunt Grianán has perfected her skill to mask her presence in the Force so much that even her own siblings cannot feel her any longer. Phren and Tachys were the ones who taught her how. On their dying day. And you know from whom they learnt that skill originally. From papa.?

That must be terrible for her siblings. :(

And the twins taught her that? :eek:

It was yet again that the Force ghosts of the twins were mentioned to me by him. Instead of being overly jealous I told myself that they must have had their reasons not to visit me. The sadness stayed the same though.

:_| That must be so hard for Sionnach. Maybe they are just waiting until Sionnach knows the truth about Lucien and isn't blind anymore? *is hopeful*

Of course she could fool you easily, maman. She is good at deceiving her environment

I'm glad Garou pointed this out.

"This is why papa called her lovingly his ´petite marchande d´illusion´ in private.?

Wait, what? I thought he hated her, tortured her with vicious tattoos? Gah, Lucien, why can't you just decide for once if you hate her or love her?

?Luçien saw her growing-up, Sionnach. Even though Isabeau tried to put a big distance between them."

Smart woman. She knew what her step-brother is like.

"See, Grianán was the substitute for the daughter he had lost at Polysýndeton. First. Then their relationship changed into a sort of friendship.?

This is not the way someone should treat his daughter or friend!

?There are reasons why I have been so upset for many sun weeks now. I am desperate to get the entire picture. As much as you are.?

I'm getting stressed, too.

Agonized, my son hung his head. ?The main ingredient was deadly nightshade.?

Eh? So he poisoned her with ink, then gives her an antidote, then poisones her again? Is Lucien suffering from multiple personality disorder?

"He was running out of answers to find a sufficient cure and could not stand to see Aunt Grianán suffer any longer!?

Sooo.... [face_thinking] He was trying to kill her swiftly to end her suffering? Euthanize her?

Well, Lucien. If you had only planned ahead a little. Why poison her in the first place? :mad:

"When he has a project running he puts a lot of effort into it. Sometimes a bit too much, if you ask me."

Like when he punishes or tortures people. [face_frustrated]

Draíocht jumped from her horse and cheered: ?And it´s mine, mine, mine!?

I'm glad at least now it can belong to a kind person.

?Grianán, you silly thing! Keeping bits for yourself! Why oh, why??

"Why" is what everyone is asking.

?I begin to understand,? Mora stated nonplussed. ?He secured her childhood happiness.?

I'm having trouble believing that. He disliked her, but did this for her? He really is messed up and conflicted.

?Grianán was never here before as far as I know.? I said uncertain, thinking of what Èleos had tried to imply earlier on, ?Luçien would have told me.?

Eh, I doubt that!

"Agathos and Narthex were in this together. They never lost hope in Luçien either.?

:( They let Grianan visit?
    While I'm glad they didn't give up on him, it still bothers me that they a
  21. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Watch me, dearest bird. I have not finished... yet! [face_mischief]
  22. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
  23. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
  24. TheBride Jedi Knight

star 1

Update list check
    * SWpants666, our brilliant main editor
    * Chilla
    * earlybird-Obi-Wan
    * Lady_Misty
    * Gkilkenny
    * FelsGoddess
    * Dm1

More readers? Less readers?
  25. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I needed a break from issues at school and changed the orange writing into orangered.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade