Jack, FL Wolfson Children Hospital Visit

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by TK1162, Dec 1, 2005.

?

Wolfson Children Hospital Visit

Poll closed Dec 16, 2005.
Yes, Sounds like a good date for it 10 vote(s) 100.0%
No, that date doesn't work for me 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK1162 Jedi Knight

Hey folks,
    Just wanted to throw something out as far as a Wolfson Children Hospital Troop. Would Saturday January 15, 2006 be good for most of you?
    I've opened a poll that will run until the 16th of December to help me gauge interest in this date. This is the minimum time my contact can guarantee me a slot so the poll date is firm. Please vote either way so I can tell him either to go ahead or open up that day for someone else.
    The 501st Legion as well as the Rebel Legion will also be invited.
    Thanks in advance,
    Arthur
  2. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's on my calendar!
  4. ObiWanAmanda Jedi Knight

star 2
    As of this moment it should be ok with me...I'm getting my pilot helmet for Christmas so hopefully I can get everything else done by then.
  5. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
  6. Darth749 Jedi Padawan

Vader can make it, the force is stong with me
  7. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well Since this is a FanForce event I won't worry to much about violating the Jax501st rule, and I'll try to make it. It depends on my recuperation. I may bring an X-wing pilot with me too.
  8. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    What is the Jax501st rule?
  9. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jacksonville 501st garrison personel can only meet each other when out of town. More of a suggestion than a rule....
  10. TK1162 Jedi Knight

Actually old boy, the 501st as well as the RL will be in on this as well...there goes THAT rule (on the other hand, if you are in RebelWear you won't actually be 501st now will you?).

I spoke with my contact today and we are now scheduled.

TK-1162 out
  11. CRIMSONXXX Jedi Knight

star 1
    The only dude that I have ever heard that from was....BUZZ...at SWW...so this must be you! You kill me with that crap! I know your joke'in...good to hear from you Wild Man! Hope to see you there.

Buzz, you do'in Mega and FX?

REDEYE
  12. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Possibly maybe on both Bro, but only for a day each.
  13. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Buzz,
    Glad to see you might be there and back on the boards as well
    Do u need a Jedi Healer?
    BTW, that 501st "suggestion" stinks
    See ya
    Gina
  14. TK1162 Jedi Knight

errr I screwed up on the date it should be Jan 14, sorry if I caused any confusion.
  15. cha0s73 Jedi Padawan

16. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looks like I won't be able to make this event - I'll be travelling for work. Sorry!
  17. tokkk3n Jedi Knight

star 1
    i will definitely be there, can't wait
  18. jediadigallia Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I'm not on call, I'll be there.
  19. TK1162 Jedi Knight

OK, we are rapidly coming up on the visit time so time for a few rules...sorry, it's gotta be done.

1) This is a latex free facility so please no latex balloons, masks, props, etc.
    2) Prop weapons are allowed, but please use good sense before pointing them.
    3) Please do NOT ask the children why they are in the hospital, if they volunteer this information then it is ok to discuss it.
    4) If a child see/parents/etc doesn't want to see us, please respect their wishes.
    5) Follow all instructions from the unit staff and treat them with respect. Do NOT under ANY circumstance play with the medical equipment. If something appears malfunctioning, notify a staff member.
    6) In the event of a medical emergency contact a unit staff member and stay out of the way (this is best done by getting out of the immediate area).
    7) Above all else have fun with the kids, I am told that they will be playing the movies in the day rooms a couple of days before to build anticipation.

Depending on how many people show up, we may be dividing into more than one group in order to cover more area and to help prevent clogging up the halls.

Thanks for your attention
    TK-1162 out
  20. TK1162 Jedi Knight

oops...forgot to mention it will be between 12:00-4:00 PM
  21. Droid-Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    if latex is used but covered completely ( all latex is enclosed in rubber and cloth) in a mask can it still be used?. Hope so been trying to finish my Tusken for this event.

Plus do you need anything like toys to give to the kids?
  22. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
    so its january 14th,from 12:00 to 4:00,and i still have some of those autographed books...i could bring those
  23. TK1162 Jedi Knight

The books will be fine to bring Vossk. I'll try to remember to pack some extra sharpies if anyone else wants to sign them. If anyone wants to bring toys, temp tattoos, etc to give away, please feel free to do so.
  24. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Vossk do you still have the coloring pages or whatever it was (I can not remember) we have about 20 boxes of the little 4 packs of crayons we could bring to go with it from the Moe's outing.
  25. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I made the coloring pages but I will be travelling for work so . . . unless I can arrange to meet up with someone the week before and give the packets to them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.