main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wolverine a victim of sucess. When is enough a frigging nough

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Sabrajaguar, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    I Used to love the Character Wolverine but frankly its been too much I can't stand the sight of him any longer.

I have long loss faith that Marvel editors are not sleeping on the job or are plain bloody idiots. But He is in every X-Book, guest stars in Thunderbolts and Avengers. He is wolvarine agent of shield, enemy of the state. soultaker. On And on.

I get it he Logan the Ubershmit!

Or better yet the M-Univerese is populated with mental midgets. being that his bones are laced with an uber-conductive indestructable alloy, and his healing factor is constantly fighting adamantium poisoning, a nine mill-beretta with hollow tip bullets and each tip filled with a diffrent kind of poison should kill him. Or Electrafying the floor or simply using an energy casting mutant should kill him.

But he manages to be unbeatable. Im not even getting started on his sex-changed clone.

Wolvarine is tough but he is being Amped upped to nonsensical perportions, like magneto!

Who are the two most powerful characters in the marvel universe, A guy with a healing factor animal senses and who is is 3-5x stronger than a normal man.

And a Guy who create fields can do two things, Attract and repel, Be hold the master of magnetism! I can't believe they simply never tried inverting his fields! Or better yet. or Better yet generating rapidly oscillateing inversion field to protect ships and structures

Off Tangent:

Their are plenty of Mutants who despreatly need good characterization.

Iceman(Character Misused by chuck Austen)

Jubilee (Character misused by everyone since Generation X; Honestly Polaris gets dumped she goes psychotic, Synch and Skin are killed right infront of Jubilee and she gets over it and goes to the mall! Jubes must be the most well adjusted or mal-adjusted mutant on Earth)

Polaris; I live with my sister, PMS is bad but not that bad, it dose not consist of emotions ranging bearly contrained psychosis to full blown psychotic behavior.

Gambit & Rouge: they have their own series each and have been costitantly in books since 92' and they are still dealing with that no touch thing. Even though they have had sex and have each been powerless for months at a time. Do em right bettery yet leave the off the X-men they have their own idividual series.

I wont even mention, Syrin, Meltdown, Magama, Skids, Sunspot, Cannonball, Rictor, Warpath, M, and 15 other mutants who have loads of stories in them.

And poor poor Rachel Grey Summers. Chris Claremont hates you so much, cause that only explains his misusing you like that.

Frankly only Brain Vaugan seems to be the one writer who dosent give a ratss ass about Wolverine.

Chamber(LS), Runaways Vol I, has no wolvarine action and hopefuly Runaways Vol II wont have any either.

I remeber when you could pick up a Marvel X-Book or any Marvel book and go 15 issues without seeing or mentioning Wolvarine. Excluding the Wolverine series and most X-men books.

Using the word "rape" like Marvel uses the character Wolverine: please don't.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Let me explain Wolverine's appeal.

Wolverine is an interesting character and honestly good to play off. He's been beaten on countless occasions though (Deadpool for example)

Killing him is rather silly though since that eliminates said characetr and ressurecting them is just tedious.

3. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    I Didn't say kill Wolverine. Frankly keep him to his own books, or X-men books. I don't need to see him in everything from Avengers to X-men X-tra sauce.

Frankly Wolverine from any logical should be dead from shear exaustion.

I don't mind him in X-men or Wolverine I dont need to see him in Everything! Hell Spider-man is Marvel's logo character and he is not in everything. ANd he is not unbeatable Despite his strength, reflexes and skills. But he dose yous his titelligence to overcome stranger faster more powerful opponents. But he can't go one on one with Speed demon or Juggernaut.

Wolverine is being written like he can take on a whole super-team and not break a sweat. Its rediculious.

4. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14416

This is one of the best X-men explinations i have found.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    If I were the editor at Marvel I'd take the radical step of limiting Wolverine's appearances to his solo book and either the X-Men or New Avengers, at least for a year or so.

He's become far to extended. At this point, you have no sense of continuity because he's spread so thin.

He's involved in at least 4 to five different stories every month. There was a time when the Marvel Universe was like a finely tuned machine. The editors could put in a single panel in a book that was just a simple nod to something happening in another book that drew interest in that other book without the slightest interruption in the flow of the story.

Those days are sadly gone and the quality of Marvel Comics have suffered for it.

6. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I grew tired of Wolverine a long time ago. I still think he's pretty cool, but they need to cut down on him. I'm glad he's getting his own film, so that some other characters will get some much deserved screen time.

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    If I were the editor at Marvel I'd take the radical step of limiting Wolverine's appearances to his solo book and either the X-Men or New Avengers, at least for a year or so.

I?d say both X-Men and New Avengers, but I agree with you in spirit. Like the man himself says, he can?t be on all the teams.

Sabrajaguar: I read through the article, but I?m still not impressed by Morrison?s run. I?m well aware that he was trying to be subtle and use allusions and representations and to try to change the direction of the X-Men. I just think that on his own merits, he failed. Not due to editors changing things after his run, not due to the editorial oversight during his run, but during his run itself he turned in work no better than what Austin does on a regular basis or what Claremont has been doing lately. That is to say, definitely subpar.

A friend of mine recently tried to compile a basic list of mutants out there who have definite origins and powers (i.e. they weren?t just background characters). She got to well over two hundred, and there?s a lot of X-comics she hasn?t read. There are too many X-titles right now, and someone needs to swing a big ax to get rid of a bunch of them. Having say, ten X-titles, would be a huge improvement. Keep Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Ultimate X-Men, Exiles, Wolverine, and five others. And ditch the rest.

8. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    And a Guy who create fields can do two things, Attract and repel, Be hold the master of magnetism! I can't believe they simply never tried inverting his fields! Or better yet. or Better yet generating rapidly oscillateing inversion field to protect ships and structures

You are very ignorant in regards to Magneto's abilities.

But he can't go one on one with Speed demon or Juggernaut.

Spidey's gone one on one with the Juggernaut several times...and beaten him.

9. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    No Magnetic feils can do 2 thing Repell and Attract. He can use it to create electrical distubaces and shields and all that good stuff. he cant mold metal with thought, or progect MRI's in mid air, or Bend light, or create wormholes with em energy. Sorry their aint that much EM energy on Jupiter let aloone earth to do that. He has been Juced to unralistic levels.

Magneto war, Excalibiur Vol II, its rediculios.

10. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    <<I read through the article, but I?m still not impressed by Morrison?s run. I?m well aware that he was trying to be subtle and use allusions and representations and to try to change the direction of the X-Men. I just think that on his own merits, he failed. Not due to editors changing things after his run, not due to the editorial oversight during his run, but during his run itself he turned in work no better than what Austin does on a regular basis or what Claremont has been doing lately. That is to say, definitely subpar.

A friend of mine recently tried to compile a basic list of mutants out there who have definite origins and powers (i.e. they weren?t just background characters). She got to well over two hundred, and there?s a lot of X-comics she hasn?t read. There are too many X-titles right now, and someone needs to swing a big ax to get rid of a bunch of them. Having say, ten X-titles, would be a huge improvement. Keep Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Ultimate X-Men, Exiles, Wolverine, and five others. And ditch the rest.
    >>

Raven: I agree with the Articles views on whats wrong with the X-men. But I havent activly collected X-men since Operation Zero Tolorance. and the Neo story line.

But you are right Writing has been consitantly Sub par.

And X-tream X-mens Prisoner of fire (for the X-faxtor/New mutants characters) Currently the only X-book I reagularly read is X-men: Acadamy X

11. Darth_Rogue

Darth_Rogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    I really like Wolverine too, but I also think he tends take over almost anything he's in. I've never read the comics, but Wolverine seemed to take over the Fox cartoon and now the movies are mostly about him.

12. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Marvel's running on empty now.

13. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Marvel's running on empty now.

Getting there, but not there yet by any means.

Astonishing X-Men, Ultimates 2, Runaways, and the New Avengers are all fine Marvel books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.