main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wolverine and the X-Men - New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Spiderfan, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    [image=http://superheroesbase.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/xmen.JPG]
    Wiki page
    Trailer

After an attack on the mansion, Professor Charles Xavier and Jean Grey are missing. The X-Men disband and Scott begins to suffer from depression. Emma Frost is able to locate a comatose Charles on Genosha in the care of Magneto. Professor X telepathically orders Wolverine to lead the X-Men and set out to save the world from The Sentinel Project and prevent the Brotherhood of Mutants from taking over the world before the future ends up a bad one.

Series starts this Saturday for Canadians.

Quite an extensive list of characters involved:

X-Men

* Logan/Wolverine
    * Charles Xavier/Professor X
    * Scott Summers/Cyclops
    * Hank McCoy/Beast
    * Ororo Munroe/Storm
    * Jean Grey/Phoenix
    * Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat
    * Bobby Drake/Iceman
    * Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
    * Warren Worthington III/Angel
    * Piotr Rasputin/Colossus
    * Emma Frost/White Queen
    * Johnathon Silvercloud/Forge
    * Anna Marie/Rogue
    * Sammy Paré/Squidboy
    * Tabitha Smith/Time Bomb
    * Sooraya Qadir/Dust
    * Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane
    * Jamie Madrox/Multiple Man
    * Remy LeBeau/Gambit
    * Lorna Dane/Polaris
    * Jubilation Lee/Jubilee
    * Amara Aquilla/Magma

Brotherhood of Mutants

* Erik Magnus Lehnsherr/Magneto
    * Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver
    * Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
    * Dominic Petros/Avalanche
    * Fred J. Dukes/Blob
    * Anna Marie/Rogue
    * Kamal
    * Sarah/Marrow
    * John Allerdyce/Pyro
    * Neena Thurman/Domino
    * Raven Darkholme/Mystique
    * Victor Creed/Sabretooth
    * Mortimer Toynbee/Toad
    * Elizabeth Braddock/Psylocke
    * Cain Marko/Juggernaut
    * Shadow King

Other characters

* Abraham Cornelius
    * Senator Robert Kelly
    * Col. John Wraith
    * Bruce Banner/Hulk
    * Alison Blaire/Dazzler
    * David North/Maverick
    * Sage
    * Mojo
    * Vertigo
    * Spiral
    * Vanisher
    * Wade Wilson/Deadpool
    * Pixie/Megan Gwynn
    * Nick Fury

2. packerfansam

packerfansam Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2007
    Sounds cool, I wonder when the US gets it.

3. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Wiki says early 2009 but that could change I suppose.

4. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I watched an ad for this show and it looks rather cool. But the obvious front-and-center-ing of Wolverine based on the title and what I saw in the ad is a turn off to me. I love Wolverine, he's one of my favorite X-Men, but I don't like the whole "Let's make Wolverine into the team leader and star" thing -- it just doesn't work for me. I might check it out though.

5. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I don't think its a long term goal for Wolverine to be the leader. The first story arc is about the team falling apart after the loss of key members and how everyone deals with it. But things begin to escalate and Wolverine sees need for the X-Men again and is forced to take responsibility for reassembling the X-Men. But like every variation of X-Men they place Wolverine front and center to get people interested at first eventually taking the necessary sidestep to bring the other characters to the forefront.

I mean he will be a central character of course but I doubt highly that he will be the sole focus.

6. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    remember that a Wolverive movie is on its way in May so having wolverine heavily involved makes sence.

7. EvilFishy

EvilFishy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    I was a pretty big fan of Evolution. I used to watch it every Saturday morning when I was a kid. So I am a little skeptical on this, but I suppose I am interested to see how it turns out. The animation isn't my favorite, though.

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm definitely interested in this when it starts. It looks like they're going to be going heavy on the cameoes and guest appearnces. The only thing I didn't like from the trailer was when the Juggernaut got knocked down by just one of Cyclop's optic blasts.

9. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I get what you are saying and like I said, I am interested. I just think that Wolverine works best as something of the outsider. The old 90s TAS handled Wolverine well: he was as much an equal team-mate as everyone else, and he still shined in his own way without having to be rammed down our throats.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So I guess Canada got the first episode on Saturday. Anyone seen it?

I caught it on youtube (gone now). Seems pretty good so far. Can't wait til the US gets it.

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Didn't see it. Anybody else?

12. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Caught the first two episodes, the third airs tomorrow. So far I am mostly indifferent. Certain characterizations are a little off and the story is taking its time to develop but its pretty early yet to tell how good the series will be. It will be nice when certain other characters take a step into the spotlight and I can't wait to see more of the trio of Kitty, Crawler, and Colossus.

13. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Saw the third ep this weekend.

The first arc was pretty disappointing. All in all I say the show is not off to a great start, but I still feel it has potential. Not every show has a great first season and this one just needs to find some sure footing before really taking off. However, now that the series ground work has been laid and we have been introduced to some of the key aspects (Xavier in an Age of Apocalypse-esque future, Magneto being neither friend nor foe, Rogue turning Rogue, a more diverse Brotherhood, racism and mutant hunting from the beginning, and there is much room for the roster to grow and develop slowly rather than hastily) it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

The animation style is growing on me...my biggest concern is the characterization of certain people.

So far it appears I was wrong on this assumption...sadly they seem to be keeping him as the leader...lets hope that evolves as the series does.

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Saw the third episode as well

Loved Emma Frost. But didn't like only Logan knew her. Scott or Hank should have known her as well. Magneto on Genosha is great. I foresee the MAD being stupid and trying to attack Genosha and incurring Magneto's wrath.

Xavier looked very heroic standing up and then running past all the graves, but I hope this coma thing is only for at the very most the end of the first season. A 20 year coma for Xavier is just dumb.

Also noticed that the actor for Magneto tried to sound a little more like Sir Ian as opposed to previous incarnations?

So far my favorite character is Beast. Warren's involvement in the series is nice to see after only have guest spots in all other versions. Same with Bobby as well.

Not sure what they are doing with Cyclops but I hope he doesn't get the X3 treatment.

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    Nicktoons, TV-Y7

Series Debut
    Wolverine and the X-Men

"Sorry, Storm: Cool white hair doesn't mean top billing in movies or cartoons. And don't think we're not ready for your little snowstorm tantrum."

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Actually a storm centric series would be a bit more interested then the tread and re-tread Wolverine stories.

I've seen up to episode 14 and the series is quite good and well thought out so far. Great use of characters as well. Looking forward to seeing it tonight.

17. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    LATEST EPISODE
    Hindsight - Part 3
    Airs: Friday January 30, 2009

"With help from Angel, the X-Men are able to move back into the re-built mansion. Forge has been brought to the team to repair Cerebro and the Black Bird. The telepathic Emma Frost requests to join the X-Men in order to help find Professor X. Wolverine reluctantly agrees, believing that Emma only has intentions to take control of Cerebro. Emma Frost is able to locate Professor X in Magneto's controlled mutant nation of Genosha. Now with Cyclops back in action, Wolverine leads the X-Men on a mission into enemy territory in order to retrieve their lost mentor."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.