main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Wolverine - Does it all fit?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Mastadge, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Because I'm a TPB reader when it comes to superheroes, I'm a few months behind the curve, but I'm wondering if all Wolverine's appearances actually fit into chronology.

Just starting with after House of M.

We have Origins & Endings, and then I suppose all of Origins fits before Civil War. Vendetta's easy enough. Then there's the Evolution arc, which according to Loeb is an incomplete story. Is this one in-continuity at all? If so, where? The Logan Dies after Vendetta or Evolution. Fine. But with these stories, what about all the X-books and New Avengers stuff? Does it actually work out for him, chronologically? And now that we're past Messiah Complex, seeing as he's in X-Force, Uncanny, and his own arc with Get Mystique -- what's the sequence of events here? (And is he still in the illegal Avengers?) Anyone know?

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Bah, Wolverine doesn't have time to worry about continuity. He's too busy being on 3 X-Men teams, the Avengers, and having two sets of solo adventures. Not to mention the half dozen or so guest appearences he does each month. It's just best not to think about it.

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    What are you doing

Stop that.

stop it now.

4. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    I'm waiting for the big reveal that there's actually, at LEAST, 500 Wolverines in the Marvel universe, and only one is the actual Logan. The rest will have to be Skrulls. (See? I already just wrote the "Secret Invasion" arc! [face_laugh])

5. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    That would explain a lot =D=

6. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Comic book continuity is always a bit messed up, but i think it does all fit. The latest complete arc of wolverine origins takes pretty much in his head as he's sitting at caps statue. How long does that take? Let's lookat soemthing like messiah complex, to me, that took under a week.

7. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    The "One More Day" quote fits remarkably well here: "It's magic, we don't have to explain it" :p

8. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Perfect explaination...I've stopped reading Marvel due to this issue, and the other terrible Idea's they have had lately....

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Wolverine is like Britney Spears; put Wolvie on the cover and there's a spike in sells.

I believe for the most part, it all does fit. However, the use of Wolverine to boost sells of certain titles is pretty lame. Besides, it's not any worse than the numerous Superman and Batman titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.