main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wolverine (X-Men Origins: Wolverine & The Wolverine)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Son of the Suns, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I think thats supposed to be Weapon XI not Deadpool. IIRC he is supposed to be a composite of various other Weapon X employee's powers, hence the concussive blasts from his eyes (ala Cyclops), the single blade protruding from his hand (obviously from Wolverine). I am sure there are more abilities I am not seeing.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope you're right, but this casts doubts:

[image=http://wearemoviegeeks.com/wp-content/deadpool_wtf-580x435-560x420.jpg]

It seems Deadpool is Weapon XI

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's hoping by the end of the movie he loses that extra junk and, ya know, gives The Merc With a MOUTH his MOUTH back!

4. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Odd they would cast that role separately if its the same character.

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Here's hoping they do it in the middle. so that we can actually enjoy the end. This may afterall be our one shot at deadpool on the big screen.[face_frustrated]

The more I look at that trailer the more annoyed I am with seeing cyclops and wolverine interacting. The only way I could accept it is if Patrick Stewart cameos as Xavier and wipes Wolverine's mind and Scott's for his protection. Then he takes Scott off to the institute.

This would actually make a bit of sense when we consider the conversation Magneto and Xavier had in X2. You get the idea that both knew Logan before X-Men 1 (or at least Xavier did). He certainly knew more about Logan's past than he told him. On the other hand, it would further the idea that Xavier is a jerk :p

6. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Isn't there already some rumors already that there could be a 2nd Wolverine prequel? So presumably any continuity they screw up (intentionally or unintentionally) leading into the X-Men trilogy they can fix it so there isn't any contradictions...?

I know nothing of the X-Men comics, so I doubt Deadpool will disappoint no matter what form he is presented in the film

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There's another X-Men Origins movie in the works focusing on Magneto. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they make another Wolverine movie down the road.

As for Deadpool- even if you don' read the comics, all you really need to know about him is his only superpower is a healing factor. And he's a highly trained assassin who cracks jokes and occasional the 4th wall.

He's like Spider-Man if Spider-Man was partially insane, had no web or spider-sense, and killed people for money ;)

8. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    And you know, without the whole "great responsibility" thing. :p

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    For all we know, Deadpool thinks he's acting responsibly with his abilities ;) :p

10. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I am not sure he knows the meaning of Responsible. :p

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    His yellow thought balloons can look it up on wikipedia while he's busy.

12. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    First things first... Quest... love the DKM avatar. One of the greatest street/celt punk bands ever!

Secondly, I'm hoping there's an off chance we might get to see Logan as Patch in Madripoor at least for a moment in this flick.

Thirdly, I just watched Hulk vs Wolverine and it was awesome. Loved that they incorperated the Weapon X program, the Professor, Sabertooth, Omega Red, Deathstrike and Deadpool. Deadpool was hilarious. Especially after the credits. Found that particularly funny. That said, I hope they don't screw him up in this movie.

13. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Deadpool has laser eyes... He's already messed up.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Laser eyes are easier to lose than sword-arms.

Also, the latest Wolverine TV spots mirrors the trailers for X2, stating character names and showing a clip of them...and, yet, while some of the nobodies get named- NO DEADPOOL! :( They snubbed Wade!

15. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I saw the Wolverine Marvel Superhero Squad sets at Target yesterday... unfortunately the sword popping laser eye dude was said to be "Deadpool" in one of them.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    A work print copy of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was leaked online yesterday. I know we haven't had anyone talk about it yet, but this is a warning. Anyone who posts info on how to obtain the copy or posts a request in this thread to get a PM of the instructions to get the copy will be met with severe consequences.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I can't believe that someone managed to do that a month before release. When my sister told me, I thought for sure it was some April fools joke. I imagine Fox executives are fuming.:oops:

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Someone's not gonna be working again.

19. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Well I enjoyed it...except for Deadpool. All the rumours were true. Reynolds is only in it for about 3-4 minutes at the start of the film, though apparently this workprint doesn't include the 15 minutes of footage shot back in January

Just to clarify, it's ok to talk about the movie, just not how to get it, yes?

20. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Just clarifying ... I am not asking how to get this, however ... what was the quality of the workprint like? Are the effects and musical score complete?

21. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Good quality. Score seems to be complete. Some effects are finished, some need some tidying up, and there are a few animatics in there mixed in with the footage. There is a hilarious shot where Deadpool does his swordwork, makes a fancy jump, then lands and it cuts to him still attached to the harness. Reminded me of the Fat B*stard scene in Goldmember about the wirework.

Basiclly, it's complete enough to make you think "Well that was an enjoyable surprise, seeing a good film a month early", but there's enough incomplete stuff to make you want to see it again at the cinema.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The only reasurring thing about Deadpool There are many reassuring things about me! that I've read is in interviews with Ryan Reynolds That guys great! where he acknowledges the character is not yet the Deadpool we know There's another one? Well, besides Alex and Taskmaster? - he's playing Wade Wilson and the messed up stuff done to him by Weapon X, but he's not yet the insane 4th-wall-breaking guy we are familiar with If love of Bea Arthur and chimichongas makes one insane- then lock me up!.

He seems to genuinely want to do a comics-faithful Deadpool movie, though- knowing he's in a movie I'm in a movie already!, pop culture references, the whole nine yards with Bruce Willis?, and that there has been talk of still doing one, so maybe my hopes of them undoing the garbage done to him in this movie the stinky garbage or the Garbage with the hot liquid metal red head? will pan out true and it's just the stepping stone to uglifying Wade into the right frame of mind for the real Deadpool Should I please stand up? (Please stand up.).

23. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Very good sir, very good!

24. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't understand why someone would want to post (or watch) an incomplete version of the movie in the first place. Some people will do anything to be that anonymous guy on the internet who posted it first I guess.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, there is the aspect of seeing how the film evolves from rough cut to finished product- though it doesn't justify the leak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.