FF:NZ Women

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JEDIPAULAW, Jun 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oy636 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that is why the internet is so popular, no cares who you are. Ambigutily leads to being strong. Having critisim in your face is one thing, in an internet chat room is something different. It is nice to know there are people out there that will actually listen. Somedays that really means something.
  2. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm just happy to know I'm not always being generalized, I'm aparently a smelly git now!! :p
  3. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    Just dont go to school and say u r a Jedi or belive in the jedi reilgon like I did. I wish I Didnt do that I havent herd the end of that u get hassed so much its not funny.
  4. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    I could think of more many and varied derogatory things to call you Obi-Jace, if it'll help in your quest for individuality! :) always happy to help!
  5. RogueJedi Jedi Knight

Heh i know how ya feel Acer...
  6. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ace, as long as you don't cross over to the Dark Side, it doesn't really matter what a few peasants think! :p
  7. oy636 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Some days it is nice to be your self. And for this feel good moment every one say

"I love being me, no-one else does it as well"
  8. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, well self love is all good, as long as you don't do it in public! :p
  9. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes that's illegal! lol

Yeah everyone has to believe in themseleves

Oh and I'd just like to say I like your forum very much
  10. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh and it's my birthday tommorow and u know the only thing in the whole wide wide world that I want..even in the whole damn universe..Anita to kiss me!

Wish me luck!
  11. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
  12. oy636 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You never know until you try. :)
  13. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    It's funny how time and place can influence a generalisation. The Internet sort of gives us a force shield of protection. Like I say now that I'm a Christian as well and some of your responses may be :eek: that's cool, or whatever dude.
    Now if I had meet someone in person and blurted out i'm a Christian then you get one of those backward glances and the look "Oh that's nice, now keep away from me"
    It's almost like in person if our comfort zone is invaded in someway we get protective and generalise where as on the net we have almost all the protection we need.
  15. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Interesting way to look at it
    never thought of it like that before

always good to look at something from many different ways to get a good balanced view of it
  16. oy636 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think the reason people don't over act on the internet is because, there are so many made up people. So no one knows who to belive. Easier to just be nice about and go along.
    My father has made up this personality and is a lesbian living in calfornia. Got a net girl friend and all. Sad for the girl -I think she is honset. Nothing like finding out the girl you are in love with is a middle aged bald white male.
  17. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    The internet does change how we relate to other people. Try this as an experiment, find someone new to talk to on the forum. Just chat with them for the first week on these forums, then on the next week use Messenger (or other real time chat program). OK by now you should have a basic idea on what you think the person is like, now time to do something interesting, swap photos and then use the talk function on Messenger or on the phone(or any other way that you will be able to hear them). I guarrantee that you will find it strange actually hearing their voice after communicating with them for awhile. I don't know the psychology of it, but I think its got something to do with the way our brain slots people into generalizations when we build a picture of who they are.
    Anyone else got a interesting social experiment?
  19. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    that makes me think of the old saying
    "don't judge a book by it's cover"

it is natural for us to make generalisation about people and put labels on them before seeing them or talking to them

it is because we must associate something with that person otherwise the old brain can't handle it

As for the experiment with my work i have that happen a lot as i deal with people throughout NZ and Japan and the mental picture of the person i have is completely different to how they actually are
    really interesting when that happens
  20. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For me I am on the net what I am in real life, I think that it's a function of my honesty...liars are exposed on the net..if you lie..then it's the medium for it!, oh and my marketing lecturer has just posted on the Qld board..I'm done for lol :eek: ;)
  21. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    I tell the truth always not half truths or lies just the truth.
  22. Sock-Puppet Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
  23. oy636 Jedi Knight

star 1
    There is telling the truth and then there is being compleatly open. These days the label navie would be used on some one who was compleatly open. But they are just telling the truth. And the truth offen depends on which side of the fence you are sitting on.

Social experiment. Declare you have maroi ancestors, and feel the need to get more in touch with this side. See how differently people view you. Particullary in NZ.
  24. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    And see how much more funding is available to you! I had a woman on the phone(whilst making inquires about student funding)tell me that I should see if I have an Maori blood and if I haven't try to fake it!
  25. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Just have to get some brown shoe polish :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.