main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Women

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JEDIPAULAW, Jun 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oy636

oy636 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Yet strangley that isn't racism. But a white guy driving a non stolen car is :p
    Sorry had a disscussion with my flat mate about scholar ships for maroi, and those avaiable for european desent NZer's. Even if they fail they still get the money.

2. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    It could be considered reverse racism. I've got absolutely nothing against any race of people, but I must say that the funding for Maori's is wrong. Look at the Maori TV funding, there are only 22,000 Maori speaking people in NZ and they are getting heaps of millions for it! There are more chinese speaking people in NZ, and you don't see them asking for a TV station of their own do you? Sure you could ay that they aren't from this country but neither are the Maoris originally! And the amount of Maori language on any official forms, if there is only 22,000 Maori speakers, why is so much monr=ey spent on this?

3. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Wow way off the subject of women now

Does the imput of large amounts of cash to minority groups help or create greater division within the community?

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It probably divides; as most people like equality. If someone sees someone else with something special then generally they want it too. Especially if a minority group is given advantages over the majority.

5. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    I agree I think it creates divisions. Even with in the minority group. Look at the waitangi settlement and the urban Maori complaints. I do think the money has helped develop the culture, but at what cost. But then if this was in Australia and it was the aborigines getting the pay out; would we be complaining.

6. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't think direct monetary handouts are right

it divides the community and especially in the case of Tanui where after 5 years they have in fact reduced the value of their assets and what benefit have we seen.

I think the money would be better spent in project which enhances the resources of the minority community as well at the same time benefits every one in the community.

7. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    The problem I see is that alot of minority groups are controled by the church, so when the group is given money to benfit the commuinty the church ends up with a large portion of it, not the culture.

8. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    damn religon

9. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Blasphemy!, and how did a my thread re women end up being about Maoris? :eek: lol

and the woman this thread was about..darling Anita..said to me she now wants a Frenchman!...is she trying to make me jealous..see she's acting like I said womne do at the start of this thread!

10. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    I would think she is trying to give you a hint Paul. Letting you down gently as it were, I would move on, certanily sounds like she isn't interested in you.

11. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    this is a sordid den of vice, or at least it should be

the thing about the maori language is that it is protected via the Treaty, as a taonga, or treasure of the people.....and with its status as the official language of nz, with the Maori Language Act of 1986 (or 87) it this means it has to be supported officially..........my theory is hell, if it makes people happy, why not let the dog have its bone? as it was pointed out not many people are fluent in it, so it can never challenge english, so why view it as a threat? and if that doesn't console you, just look at other attempts to revive similiar languages...eg gaelic in scotland and ireland........millions of dollars spent over the last 40 years and its still basically confined to the universities (well in Scotland anyway...)..hell i live with three fluent maori speakers, and i can't speak a word, i probably know more german than maori! and i failed german.......

12. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    well yes but then every one fails german even though english is a germanic language

13. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    If the germans failed german, then what do they speak.

14. Europa

Europa Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2001
    Relationships is like clothes when you try on and off. That's how the women goes.

15. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    that sounds obtuse enough to work

16. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    Why is it that men think that way it is all right, but if a woman thinks that way she is considered easy. Men seem to have so many insecurities and end up telling women that it is there fault.
    Females on the other hand blame their insectaries on themselves.
    Must mean that it is all our fault. Hang on no its not. Maybe you should grow up stop whining and realise that she isn't interested.

17. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    "Maybe you should grow up stop whining and realise that she isn't interested."

You preach it Sista!

OK JP, It took us nearly a year for you to let "Leia" go after that turned to custard and it looks like this ones heading in the same direction so I suggest it's time to find another sweet rose to smell.

18. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    Or realise that you don't need a woman to be compleat. It is alright to be on your own. What are you afraid of.

19. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Asking Questions.

20. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm own my own :(

21. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    So am I, and just realising that I don't need a boy friend. I do get lonely but a relation ship is just a crutch for that. It masks the feelings, not make them go away. Right now I could really use some friends, stuck in a town were I don't know any one. I have just moved. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

22. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Friends of wat eva sort is wat I dont have lonly am I yes.

23. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, we're all friends here, right guys?

*Kitt's voice echoes into the silence

Right, guys????

[face_mischief]

24. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    <watches the candle flicker deep within the cave> *Poof*

//sigh

I found it hard when I first moved and things are just starting to pick up, it takes time but the reward at the end is great.

25. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Actually Oy, I want a girlfriend because life is way too good and way too filled with suprises and twists to live by yourself..I want a girlfriend to share my joys, agonies...my experiences....to share my greatest hopes, wishes and dreams ( however far-fetched they may seem at this point now)..God made man and woman to be together...sort of to complement each other..I also need a woman to share emotional intimacy with...I have many friends..of both sexes, but without a girlfriend...you just can't get that same level of "bonding"/ intimacy..That is my rant for the night...and I'm not bothered if you beg to differ because it's my life and I'll live it as I choose :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.