main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Womens Represenation in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Anakins_Fallen_Angel, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakins_Fallen_Angel

Anakins_Fallen_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2007
    Hi,
    I'm doing an essay for my A'Level Media, I've been asked to go out and collect other peoples theories if anyone would care to take a moment of their time and share theirs I'd be really grateful. All you have to write is your age, gender and answer. Basically its gathering other peoples opinions on women in the star wars movies.
    Thank You.

Do you think that over 30 years from Carrie Fisher being in Star Wars, to Natalie Portman, that the representation of women has changed at all?
    Yes/No

Could you Elaborate?

George Lucas created two strong, independent women roles, Padme Amidala and Leia Organa. Do you believe this had any impact in the movie business? For example normally women aren't associated with Sci-Fi Roles in films.
    Yes/No

Could You Elaborate?

Has the women's role in Star wars stayed continual? For example a strong role played by Carrie Fisher then overtaken by Natalie Portman. The difference however is Natalie Portman's character and untimely death. Do you notice any difference's?

How did the Characters and the actress's portrayal of the characters come across to you? Do you think it painted women in a positive light or a negative light?

With Natalie Portman, do you think she succeeded in moving away from being typecast as Padme Amidala for the rest of her career, has she defined herself as an actress with a number of genres to the public?

Same for Carrie Fisher?

Do you think that the Males of the Star Wars saga's were seen as Superior in the sense of over-shadowing the women in the end of the movies?

Basically what do you think about their roles?

Thank You Very Much!

Inty edit: Sorry, we don't allow thread of this type. eople can PM you, though, if they want to help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.