main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WONDER*CON 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I know my virgin ears are being assaulted by all yous guys vulgarity and profane refrences.

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Geez, man, you used the pronoun "my" and virgin in the same sentence? You are in serious denial. Stop the madness!

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!

4. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm hoping that since the Christmas Party is going to be our December meeting, we can talk about this then? I'd like to see what we might be able to do for those who do intend on staying overnight at least one day so we can spread costs around... LDV pointed out to me that the Powell is a little further then the Downtown Marriot... not to mention the Moscone South is further then the Moscone West, where WC 2006 was held...

-TJ

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  6. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Has anyone made decisions on whether they will be attending for more then a day? It sounds like most everyone wants to day trip, but I thought I would ask...

7. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I've reserved a motel room for WC 2008 for my roommate Seth, myself, and our friend Jermey. Jeremy will have a table, promoting his indie comic work... since most of you didn't get to see the comic I worked on at Sac-Con, I suggest you check it out! More details to follow...

-TJ

P.S. Our hotel is pretty cheap, less then $400 for 3 nights for 3 guys, complimentary parking. Hotel's about a half mile away.

8. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
  9. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    With regards to the hotel? Yeah, I've got four people in the room, booked for all three days. One of the other people from SCCG (Sac Comic Creator's Group) is going... we're taking one vehicle down, a Toyota Corolla. I'm sorry, Russ, I don't think there's any way we could honestly fit another person into that car with all our luggage AND Jeremy and his friend's work/stock.

-TJ

10. csarrico

csarrico Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2007
    Michele and I are going to be attending for all three days. If the group is going to be doing anything official please let us know, because if not then I am probability not going to be bringing my Jedi Outfit unless we are. I am going to be going as Link from the Legend of Zelda. My costume is currently in the works, and I hope to have most of it done in time. I have no problem bringing my jedi Costume is needed. We are not sure what we are going to be doing as far as accomidations go, but we are going to try not to have a car if possible. Thinking of either Amtrack or BART and having a friend of mine from the Bay take our car. We will let you all know as the info becomes availible to us. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and Happy V-day in advance. Rogue 15/16

11. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I was going to buy the tickets online today for this...everyone is still planning on going Saturday, right??? We are all still going to carpool down as a group?

Just want to confirm that there's still enough of us wanting to go...

12. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm still planning on going

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll still be there all weekend! =P

-TJ

14. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    so will michele and i

15. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    i want to go, but, $$$ is a lil tight at the moment (having legal car issues). if i do, it will be for Sat. if the group is still planning on going.

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    If anyone from SVRF will be there Thursday night (for set-up and clubbing) or Friday, please bring your flyers to me at the SFFF table - when you go down the escalators, go all the way to your right to the end. We are at table F1.

17. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey, I know I plan on being in town Thursday... I'll PM you a question, since I don't know how often you SFFF types check our board. =)

-TJ

18. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    As compared to illegal car issues? [face_worried] Yeah, I think the group is still going on Saturday...I've already bought our tickets so I know that's when we are going for sure.

19. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    We had some unexpected expenses come up so we are working on the budget to still come. Might have to be on a shoestring. Not sure if we will be caravaning or hooking up with everyone later. I am not moving so fast or good in the morning right now. :(

20. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    what's going on thursday?

21. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Thursday is when we're going into town because we want to be able to sleep in town and wake up early for the Con on Friday. Vendors also are able to set up their booths on Thursday, and my friend Jeremy (the indie comic guy) has a booth, which will need setting up.

-TJ

22. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    For those who don't check the Rebel Legion boards often, we will be taking our Endor Base group photo on Sat. Feb. 23. We have permission from the park across the street (Moscone North) to shoot at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial waterfall from 11:30 - 12:30. We will take several photos as usual - All rebels, jedi only, individuals, etc. But only members of Endor Base (current and pending) will be allowed for the official Endor Base group photo, which we will use as our own tradng card! :D For those in the 501st, their photo will be at the carousel at 2 pm.

23. csarrico

Oct 12, 2007
    thanks to TJ, Michele and I have our reservations for the hotel. TJ thank you for the recomendation. We will be going down on thursday, after class. I am not sure if we will go all the way into SF that night, but we will begin the trip. We will be spending the morning on Alactraz Hopefully, so we will see you all Friday afternoon. (at least those that are there.) I still need to know if you want me to bring my Jedi Costume, otherwise I am going to probability go as Link from Zelda. I am working mad hard to complete it in time, and it will be tight. See you all on Saturday. Enjoy the Superbowl today all of the football fans. I'll be watching for the commercials, if i am awake, i just got off work. Take care all.

24. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    i'm buying my admish on Thursday for Sat.

25. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    It's really hard to beat priceline.com. That's what we used the night before the CIV convention and got a marriott w/shuttle for $70/night. Unbelievable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.