main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WONDER*CON 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'm still planning to go. But I'm sure it's going to just have to be for Saturday. I'm on a shoe string budget too.

--JediDarkNight

2. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    It was mentioned on the Rebel Legion boards that Saturday the 23rd is the same day as the Chinese New Year parade in San Francisco so there may be extra traffic and parking hassles. If you haven't been to the Chinese New Year parade before, it's really something to see.

And since it's the first day of the lunar new year, gung hay fat choy! Happy year of the rat! If you were born in 1948, 1960, 1972 or 1984 then you were born in the year of the rat.

[image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/tsixt/Toys/100_1040.jpg]

3. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    That's cool. They celebrated that at my daughter's school too by making wontons. I bet they had some great food at that celebration. =P~

4. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I think I'm a dog.:( Being a rat sounds like more fun.

5. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, we're year of the dog.

6. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    too bad you 2 couldn't be as cool as I and be a year of the Dragon.

7. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I don't know which is better:

People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people's confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders.

People born in the Year of the Dragon are healthy, energetic, excitable, short-tempered, and stubborn. They are also honest, sensitive, brave, and they inspire confidence and trust. Dragon people are the most eccentric of any in the eastern zodiac. They neither borrow money nor make flowery speeches, but they tend to be soft-hearted which sometimes gives others an advantage over them.

8. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Being the first sign of the Chinese zodiacs, rats are leaders, pioneers and conquerors. They are charming, passionate, charismatic, practical and hardworking. Rat people are endowed with great leadership skills and are the most highly organized, meticulous, and systematic of the twelve signs. Intelligent and cunning at the same time, rats are highly ambitious and strong-willed people who are keen and unapologetic promoters of their own agendas, which often include money and power. They are energetic and versatile and can usually find their way around obstacles, and adapt to various environments easily. A rat's natural charm and sharp demeanor make it an appealing friend for almost anyone, but rats are usually highly exclusive and selective when choosing friends and so often have only a few very close friends whom they trust.

Rats FTW, even if I don't completely fit the bill. :p 1984, yo!

-TJ

9. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Dragons eat rats, and rats are the first to abandon ship when things get difficult.

10. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Marric says it all. Nothing better than being a Dragon.

11. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    First, I don't think that most Dragons would eat Rats... they've rather eat something more sizeable like horses, bulls, sheep, maybe large dogs... secondly, dragons are mythological entities... in this day and age, they're effectively nonexistent. On the other hand... rats DO exist, are survivors and practical creatures... see here:

[image=http://www.socksandbarney.com/comics/2008-01-30-socksbarney_0130.gif]

And if you don't read Socks and Barney, shame on you. Go on! Go read it! Hey! From the beginning... Na uh! I see you sneaking off onto another part of the forums! Don't think just because you're in another thread I don't know what you're up to!

HEY?! Are you listening to me?!

-TJ

12. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    existing or not; they're still the wisest (sp?) of all the other zodiac vermin. Besides, old Ben put it best: "Many of the truths we cling to, depend on our own point of view".
    On a different note; I just my tix for Sat @ WonderCon & I'm starting Vector.
    Also, I keep looking for info on CV. Has anyone heard anything yet???

Peter (Mayhew) wrote me, he will be @ WonderCon (for his role in "Yesterday was a Lie" promo as well as Chewie. 4 the Joe fans (nothing solid yet) Ray Park is so far scheduled (penciled in) to talk about the movie (again, nothing solid yet). Dave Marshall (Asst. Editor 4 DarkHorse) will also show ( no word yet if Jan D. will be there thou[face_praying]).

that's all for now. See you all Manana (spanish 4 2-morrow, needs the ~ over the 1st "n" thou)

Vos

13. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Now that is like, really cool, man! :cool: What years are the Dragon?

--Jedi DarkNight

14. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    You forgot people in the dragon's diet! LOL Na! Actually, the dragon in Chinese culture represents good fortune (believed to bring it) as well as the other attributes that have been discussed. Really neat!

--Jedi DarkNight (Befriends Dragons, not battles them)

15. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Right on, Vos! That's a philosophy I in many ways live by!

--Jedi DarkNight

16. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Steve Sansweet will be hosting the usual Star Wars thing on Saturday night from 5pm-6pm in Hall A at Wondercon... sounds like a good place for everyone to meet up and maybe catch a bite to eat afterwards before the fan films later... besides, from 4pm-5pm right before SW is the IRONMAN presentation/Q&A, which I definitely want to catch.

See peeps tomorrow/this afternoon.

-TJ

17. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I've been underwhelmed by Wondercon the two times I've gone, but after reading the schedule I'm not only pscyched to go but so is the wife (?!) She wants to see Steve Carrell.

We're also taking Max dressed in one of his three Star Wars costumes.

18. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I'm really bummed that the Star Wars fan films are on Friday night rather than Saturday like last year. :(

19. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    That's cuz the Masquerade is on Saturday. I'm hoping Mary comes to the 501st dinner on Friday before doing the Fan Films. I have to talk to her about future/possible events. ;) If you guys aren't going to the dinner, you could always catch a movie at Metreon or at the Century across from them, or bowling or ice skating above Moscone South. I'd make reservations though.

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    That's not stopped her the last two years in a row, though... :confused:

-TJ

21. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Ugh. Forgive me while I retch a little. [face_sick] Ok, I'm all better now.

This is coming up quick. We need to make sure we have all worked out our driving arrangements...it would be bad to leave that for the last minute.

22. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    if you don't show up at the designated meeting place or don't arrange for your own ride then you will be left behind without a second thought or care. It's time people took some darn responsibility for themselves.

23. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Hear, hear...I'm all about it. But you know it never works out that way.

24. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Of course not, without hand holding some "children" would apparently perish.

25. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Well, let's see if our griping forces some action around here and people start procuring their rides...[face_mischief]

I, for one, am willing to leave with the crew at 8am, but I will be working on JD and Marric time, and when we are ready to leave, it will be time to go. That could take us a while or we could spend our cash quickly and have no panels to attend, and therefore be done by 4 or so. Just a heads up. Anyone else driving should also post their plans, so the people needing rides can plan accordinly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.