main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Wonder-Con, will you be there?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Marric_Korde, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    It is that time again this year

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/

At the meeting it seemed alot of us were going to be there on Sat. 28th, we opened up the idea to maybe get together for lunch while we were all there. Let's see who else is going and maybe some people who are gong to be there on other days can get together and hang out with fellow members.

So post when you are going and maybe a fellow member will be there too.

Fri. 27th-

Sat. 28th-
    Marric
    JD

Sun. 1st-

2. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Put Boba, I, Marcus, and Tiara down for Saturday.

3. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007

Fri. 27th-
    ??Myke??

Sat. 28th-
    Marric
    JD
    Myke

Sun. 1st-

4. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I'll be there Saturday for sure.

5. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'll be there Saturday.

--Jedi Dark Night

6. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Carrie Fisher AND Mark Hamill will be signing at WonderCon!

7. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    DUDE! SWEET!

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Fri. 27th-
    (Maybe) Myke
    TJ

Sat. 28th-
    Marric
    JD
    Boba
    Marcus
    Nasus
    Tiara
    Myke
    Leia1138
    JDN
    TJ

Sun. 1st-
    TJ

9. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I just wanted to stop in and say hi to the SVRF members who are coming out to WonderCon!

I wanted to make sure our friends in Fan Force knew they were invited to the Rebel Legion photo shoot Saturday morning at 11:30am. We'll be meeting up at 11:15 on the mezzanine level on the stairs behind the exhibitor registration booths (assuming registration booths are in the same place they've been the last 2 years).

Every year we've taken a big group photo with all our friends in Star Wars costumes, no specific club affiliation required for our first big "friends and family" group shot. We take this photo first so that kids and others who are not part of the Rebel Legion don't have to wait around while we take our various group pictures for the club.

Hope we'll see some of you there!

Here's our big friends and family photo from last year that included members of the Rebel Legion, San Francisco Fan Force, Sacramento Valley Rogue Force, and the East Bay Star Wars club!

[image=http://endorbase.org/photo/wc-08/rebel-shoot-friends.jpg]

10. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up, Kay Dee!

-TJ

11. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    what's the plan for the con? just wondering

Fri. 27th-
    (Maybe) Myke
    TJ

Sat. 28th-
    Marric
    JD
    Boba
    Marcus
    Nasus
    Tiara
    Myke
    Leia1138
    JDN
    TJ
    Rus

Sun. 1st-
    TJ

12. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] who's going for all three days?

13. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    We agreed at the last meeting for the ones going to connect by cell phone when you get there. Make sure you have someones number so that you can locate the group. We are all going seperately and connecting there. I believe that TJ is the only 3 day person so far. I could be wrong about that. Most are going down on Saturday.

14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I think Csarrico is going down for all three days, but I'll let him confirm that.

-TJ

15. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Kimmie & I are going down Friday night after work. I don't want to miss the 501st/RL dinner w/ special quest.
    I'll be there all day for Saturday.
    We are still looking for an inexpensive place to crash for the night.
    I think Chico Chris has a room down there for all 3 days also. TJ, where are you staying at??

16. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    My roommate and our friend are staying at the Renoir Hotel - another decent place to stay is the Bay Bridge Inn. The former has valet parking and the latter has free parking on site, but they end up being about the same price wise if you need to park... this time, we're going to leave the car in Richmond and take BART in.

-TJ

17. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    We just stayed at a pretty decent Best Western on 9th St that had free parking and free continental breakfast. They are doing some reconstruction but the work doesn't begin until 10 and ends at 5. It didn't bother us at all. We found it on Booking.com. It was only $49 a night and was way better then I was expecting. In fact, the beds were more comfortable then some of the expensive hotels beds. Let me know if you would like the number. It is walkable from where the Con is being held.

18. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Whoah! Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill? I'm totally there! (If it be Saturday.)

--JediDarkNight

19. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    I think I would like to have the number to the Best Western, Nasus.

--JediDarkNight

20. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] fifth wheel question, I'd like to go, but my parents wants me to go with someone, is anyone willing to let me ride down with them?

21. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    SVRF,

For updates and more info, please scroll through our thread on WC:

http://boards.theforce.net/san_francisco_ca/b10448/29271342/p1/?48

See you there.

22. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Thanks for the info and the offers to join the festivities. We really appreciate it. I am looking forward to seeing everyone this next weekend.

Hey SVRF,
    What time is everyone planning on heading to SF on Saturday. I am trying to plan and do not want to miss the people, the events, or the fun. :) We can also maybe plan to pool our stuff for autographs if others want to go to panels, etc. Earl is mainly going for Mark Hamil's autograph. He needs it to go with his Carrie Fischer. :)

23. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Sorry to gloat Rogues, but Kimmers & I will be there Friday night for the 501st/RL dinner. I'll be there 1st thing Sat morn doing my Volunteer thing-e. The RL photo shoot is at 11am near the entrance & the Watchmen panel starts at about 11.5 am.

So far the VIPs for the dinner include: Steve Sansweet, Mary Franklin, Pablo Hidalgo, Dave Filoni(& wife), C.Andrew Nelson, Anthony Forrest, Bonnie Burton, Matt Wood, Carrie Fisher & Mark Hamill. Still waiting to hear if Daniel Logan, Ray Park & Dave Acord will be making the dinner.

24. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    how much is the dinner? We might be interested in taking Matt up on his offer to go as guests. :)

25. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    I plan to get there before the con opens Saturday hoping I can volunteer my time early enough so I can go to some neat panels later in the day. I'll keep you updated.

--JediDarkNight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.