Oregon Wonder Northwest May 14th&15th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    What: Wonder Northwest http://wondernw.com/index.php
    Portland's Comics & Pop Culture Expo
    Where: Portland, Or
    Crowne Plaza Hotel
    When: May 14 & 15th
    Sat $6, Sun $6. Both days $10

Something to do where there will be a few Star Wars people of interest: Gus Lopez (Uber Star Wars dude), Andy Magels (Very cool Star Wars author), and our own OFF member SKot Kirkwood (SW Holiday Special website, SW Cut scenes).
    Let's making group showing up to at least support SKot and his efforts to promote Star Wars fandom. I plan on showing up Saturday.

-Eric
  2. AramysStrael Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless the work thing continues to hinder me from attending, I am so there! I haven't seen Skot in quite some time, so it would be nice to support him in his endeavors.

Since this is comics-related, I may sport my "Chuckles" duds.... maybe. [face_whistling]

- Bill
  3. brigandarklung Jedi Knight

star 1
    I might be able to drag the family out to this on saturday as well. If I am there feel free to say hello.
  4. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    It's this weekend! I'm planning on being there Saturday afternoon, maybe as Solo.

-Eric
  5. jimsidious Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have to appologize man I would but Autumn and I are goin to be busy lookin at places of intrest for our cerimony/reception, I would realy like to be there
  6. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Looks like it's a small expo. Going to check it out to see how these smaller events might be something we could do as far as having a fan table or plan on attending as a group if the interest is there.
    Skot, should have cool Star Wars stuff to see and it'll be cool to see him since I haven't in awhile.

I'll post what I saw there.

-Eric
  7. brigandarklung Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just got back from this nice little shindig. There was some cool stuff there, but it was small and over crowded for its size. But what was there was really cool. PDXYar was very cool as were the browncoats and dark horse had a cool booth. My wife and daughter liked the Lolita thing, and there were lots of costumers there. It was well worth the six bucks but a big event it was not. I'd do it again as a group though.
  8. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Went Saturday dressed as Solo. Could only stay for a few hours. Very small place to have it. Lots of people, crowded, some dealers are same from Portland Comic Book Show (ex.Billy Galaxy) but more exposure to them. Video game sellers, toy & comic sellers, old stuff, some Boiler looking robot thing (soon to be movie), PDXYar Pirates were very cool, Browncoats are always cool. Grumpdevil with his Kaijucast (Godzilla) site had a table. Missed Gus Lopez panel. SKot had his SW panel on Sunday, dang. An R2 Builder had his R2 there, it was used in fanfilm Blackstar Warrior, very cool. All in all, it was a small but good show. Wished I had more funds to play with to buy more useless things to store in a room, lol.

-Eric
  9. AramysStrael Jedi Master

star 4
    I showed up after work and stayed for about an hour and a half. $6 for that hour and a half wasn't really worth it. I expected a little bit more, but it seems like they did it right for being a first year convention. Definitely something that has potential, though! I wish them great success in the future!

- Bill
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.