WonderCon 2004 All wings check in...

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys I just talk to the WonderCon people and there are definetly Artist Alley Tables to get for $137. HOWEVER there is a slight chance we maybe able to workout something for a booth being comped to us. I will do my best for getting that but no promises! It's like $850 after so I dunno if they're willing to part that so easily! lol...

But yeah $137 isn't anything major, so with the permission of the council I will send the application in and also front the fee... Even though I'm so SO poor... lol ;) I will do it wednesday after our meeting so I we'll have many decision finalized by then. :)
  2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Red 14 standing by. Is that the same size table that we had last year? Have you talked to GGG and RL for conncecting booths?
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I think it is the same table... The 501st and Rebel Legion booth is being comped to them so only if we get the same comped to us we'd have to pay $850 for have adjoining booths. What we want at the very least is have the table in the vicinity of the 501st and Rebel Legion so we can work together and stuff, that would be the easiest but obviously not the best. If we do get a booth comped to us then I say the sky is the limit!

I talked to Mark Corey a couple weeks ago about it so I'll talk to him and Ian more about it (since he looks like the on taking over the GGG CO spot at the end of this month) by thursday I'm thinking after we confirm the place and time for Chanel's birthday celebration wednesday. I'm thinking New Delhi would be fine unless someone has any other recommendations and we can save the office building second floor for the Unity WonderCon Celebration which we can have more time to plan and muster our true strength! :)
  4. sithlordblack Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll front some cash for you Ming. Just pm me.
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool Charles, thanks. :) I think if everyone chipped in about $10 we should be alright and if we exceed that amount then we can start a treasury for our other club needs.

I personally don't want to be accountable for the funds and well need to create some way to keep track of where all the money goes. I don't want anyone wonder where the money is disappearing too... lol *wonder how much the life size X-wing is...* Anyway! $10 is just the average estimate, you guys can donate what every amount you want lesser or more, it doesn't matter. Thanks all!
  6. Jazmachine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ming, how should we send you the money??
  7. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Get it to me at the next meeting, that'll be fine. Check, money order, whatever... I will jot down who gave me what and post the records online, when we get our site up that is. I guess I got to learn to use PayPal... that would be conveinent I'm guessing!
  8. Hand-Schaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good to see the SF Fan force geting a table. As a spokesman and officer in the 501st it would be great to get the tables of the different clubs close together if we can. As I think of Chanel this evening I believe a united SW fan base is the best.

With that said, Ming - drop me an e-mail or PM and I can perhaps help you out with some planning efforts.

Last years 501st success was due largely in part to the combined efforts of both GGG and the Central California garrison. In fact, if history repeats itself the CCA will outnumber the GGG folks again :) But lets hope not and see just how many Imperials we can get in one place!
  9. Jazmachine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hopefully my costume will be ready by Wondercon and maybe I can join the Imperial's and the Dark Side of the Force.
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Great timing Brian I will be in touch soon! :)
  11. BlueHarvest1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, I am new to this forum. Will any Star Wars Celebs be at WonderCon this year? I would like to add to my autograph collection. Thanks Brian
  12. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    You collect autographs, too? Cool!
  13. BlueHarvest1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ya! I just emailed Philip Wise of Rebelscum. He also runs some of the actors autograph schedules to see if he has any plans for Wondercon. Keep your fingers crossed.
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd like us to work on some sort of display to honor Chanel always at cons, and to also collect donations for Angelica. It should have photos of her in her costumes, a small bio and a collection jar. I have some ideas in mind...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.