main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON 2004 (April 30th-May 2nd) & SW UNITY, News/Updates

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay ladies and gentlemen any and all news WonderCon and Unity will be posted here. May the Force be with us... :)

http://www.wondercon.com/

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I forgot to mention this at the meeting, but I think on Saturday morning, around 8 am, I think we should go in costume, walk to the Powell St. cable car station, and take a group pic on a cable car! Then we could walk back to Moscone to set up for the con, and pick up breakfast at Mel's (sorry Ming), I mean, Denny's along the way.

3. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    For SW Unity, does anyone know if they still make the AOTC, TPM or even the original trilogy party decorations and plates/napkins?

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I love the cable car idea! Since it looks like I will be there Friday evening (Unity) and all day Saturday I am totally in! I will keep my eyes out for the party favors, Matt. There are a few Party City stores nearby that usually have that kind of stuff. I still have one of the Ep. 1 plates. It's currently being used as a change tray on my desk.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    "Sorry"? I don't mind Mel's! As long as I don't have to pay 20% gratiuaty, that was just ridiculous! I don't think they make plates and such anymore... Maybe AOTC but not TPM fir sure, I haven't seen any in a long time, a long time. :(

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds good to me too. I will make the jounrney with all of you.

Ming? This is Devin by the way, not Bridget 8-}

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol... ok Bridget, I mean Devin! :p Will have to see to altering my robe before WonderCon then. Will have to arrange a time with Eva for alterations.

8. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Erick,
    I suggest video-taping and staging more light-saber battles with SF's finest homeless! ;)

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Erick rash and has much to learn of the living Force but he is capable. :) Though... defeat by the homeless... very much to learn you still have... ;)

10. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
  11. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

What is currently being considered for UNITY?

I understand we're still two months out, but if we're thinking of descending en masse (or would that be In Force?) on a restaurant or even the Metreon Food Court, we might want to see what venues are available and so on. (We *are* talking a Friday night in San Francisco.)

If it's a fixed-price thing like a dinner at the Mariott, then people will want to know ahead of time to budget for that (along with all the goodies we snap up in the Dealer's Room).

And then there's that whole dress code thing. We don't want to change out of garb into jeans and a t-shirt if 'dress casual' is the standard (i.e., something like Jillian's).

If it's not within walking distance, we'll have to all figure out how to get people there, and where to drop 'em off afterwards.

(I also hate to say it, but if there's an 8AM photo shoot on Saturday, I probably won't be there ... I'd have to leave home 7AM or earlier. It ain't the years, it's the mileage.)

Bob

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yes two months out and thus we need to scramble on getting Moscone and if that's not possible line up a couple of fall back places. Once we have a location then we can pitch and scramble ideas more so. Right now I hear a lot of good ideas but location is paramount right now.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll inquire about four room possiblities within Metreon. Have we decided on Friday then?

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think friday was the mutual day set everyone seem to like from all the clubs when we met so yeah, friday.

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok we are trying to get a trailor ready for Forged By Light:Vindication to show at SFFF's booth, here is something we have been working on. It very rough and the sounds track, if you are a LOTR fan, will recognize. ;)

It's not much, but something I was messing with

graphics aren't the best due to compression

right click on link and save

flight of mt. raiden

16. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    I'm bringing this topic to the top of the boards so it is fresh in the minds. This Unity Celebration is starting to be noticed at higher levels and it would be very BAD if we didn't come up with something great.

A few things to consider:

*Do we have a final gathering place? (This is most important right now seeing how everything else can fall into place at the last minute if need be but a gathering place can not be)

*Do we have a list of attendies which WILL help make this run smoothly (i.e. volunteers)

* Should a collection be made for staple products such as water and some form of snack (even if people bring pot luck food)

*Once a place is established we need to get the word out more fully.

Again, these are just a few things that need to be dealt with. As I said, there is talk of this at higher levels than just the city and outlying area fan clubs.

We are being watched - let's make this happen!!

17. TK-855

Feb 21, 2004

Ming:

FYI - the 501st garrisons (Golden Gate, Central Calif.) are having their own (closed) dinner event on Saturday.

Friday is looking to be the date.

Bob

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Thanks Bob! Brian thanks for the kick in the pants. ;) I've been wanting to do it myself but I haven't got around to it. haha... You heard him folks! We need to get on this NOW. WE need to know if we can get Moscone within another week, if not I say we should move on. I want fall back locations and further ideas for fun stuff.

However, RIGHT NOW LOCATION IS PARAMOUNT. SFFF Council check in soon and everyone else I'll be announcing this months meeting plans soon. Let me know what days people CAN NOT make it and hopefully we can met around that.

LET'S GO! This is for SW UNITY people! and in our hearts this will be defintely for Chanel! :)

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Is the 501st dinner a definite "YES"?

20. TK-855

Feb 21, 2004

Yes, it's definite. The dinner has been announced and they are taking reservations.

Just to make sure there's not a misunderstanding, the 501st Dinner is for 501st members/significant others. It is NOT a Unity event.

As far as I know, the reservations will be finalized before Wondercon, so it won't be a 'we've got room, come on and join us' deal, either.

Bob

21. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *wonders what it would take to be considered a "significant other"* ;)

Kidding!!!!

Anyways, I've sent in my request to volunteer at WonderCon for Saturday. I am good to go as far as helping out with Unity from about 6:30pm to whenever clean-up is done if someone has a spot of floor for me to crash on Friday night.

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    We fully understand that the 501st dinner is not a Unity event. No worries there... Regardless here's the low down on SW Unity thus far:

-Friday will most likely be the date (still in discussion and may be moved to during WonderCon hours).

-This will be a pot luck/mixer event.

-There will be prizes and free stuff. ;)

-Costumes are ENCOURAGED, preferably STAR WARS or themes Chanel loved.

-The location is up in the air still HOWEVER, Moscone is back in the picture as of last wednesday.

-This will be a DRY party. NO ALCOHAL. Anyone who wants to get loaded, there are bars not too far away. ;)

-There will be a "weapons" check. This is to prevent lightsaber incidents... *looks are Erick*

-We want to compile a guest list check off from each club reporting in who is coming and their own "significant others" to borrow that term from Bob. :)

I personally would like more support since I'm some what overwhelmed with my new career, SFFF stuff, and other projects... The other projects are VERY important so please forgive me if I seem out of it. Ok that's all, it's getting to that point everyone we need to coordinate and move VERY SOON.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol wow reading my grammer errors... Anyway! I'll volunteer to put up a couple people. My room is decently spacious and there is also another room across from me.

24. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    As soon as a location is set we can establish exactly what will go on there. See how a good deal of people will be at the comic show on Sunday, I would like to request a small meeting with the main players in the planning of this so we can go over notes.

I believe Tami will be there which we put in charge of 'fun and games' while we have some audio/visual junkies who may be willing to set up DJ or Fan film stations (I can think of two right now). As far as promotion, I believe I can help out there (even though this is already picking up mommentum in terms of exposure).

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You don't know the half of it, by the end of the coming week I expect to have some really good news. Wish me Force! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.