WONDERCON 2005: FEB 18-20 (PREZ. DAY WKND)

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by AnasianSkywalker, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    FYI - Before there is C-3, before there is Ep 3. there is of course WonderCon 2005, and the time to plan specifics is now:

http://comic-con.org/Pages/WCWhatsNew.html

What should be noted is that there will be the 1st ever Masqerade on Saturday Evening - similar to all aspects of Comic-Con.

Q. What does that mean for us?
    A. It means a new date for the 2nd Annual Star Wars Unity, as well as the 501st dinner - maybe to the point of just combining the 2 events. Again, just like San Diego this past year

So let's get cracking come next meeting ! :D
  2. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Lets participate in the masquerade! :D
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually we didn't think we combine the event at ComicCon, I thought we were just invited by the 501st.
  4. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Any plans in motion for this yet?

The Rogues are planning thier trip and I thought We should see what our SF Peeps are planning this year.

5. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

Shoot, I haven't even purchased my tickets yet.

6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Planning for what? What is this planning you speak of?
  7. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    "Plans? What plans? What mission? What are you talking about?"
  8. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Kevin Smith is going to be there!
  9. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The plan to find the hidden Nazi gold under the convention center....come to think of it now that I've told everyone where the gold is hidden...it's not all that hidden any more, why on earth was I waiting for wondercon to dig this up???

*jumps in car.

10. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I had no clue that such events took place so close to my end of the galaxy... from its website, Wondercon seems like it would be a blast to attend!!
  11. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's only one of the best Cons in the area. Especially when these guys show up. I am hoping that things will work out so I can make a trip up there and go to the Con. Anyone know what hotels are near the Moscone? I can drive up, but I need somewhere to crash if I go.
  12. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

I believe the 'con' hotel is the Argent, about a block-and-a-half away. Not sure if there's a convention discount, the website would have that info.

Then there's the Marriot, also walking distance.

Failing that, we'll just have to hide you in the basement like a Rebel spy. ;)

13. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Or if you're REALLY short on cash, there's a hostel about 7 blocks away.
  14. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Could someone tell me what the schedule is going to be including Unity? I need to pass the word to the Rogues, so we can stay in formation and dock for one evening or two evenings in one of San Fran's finest hotels.

Gracious
  15. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Speaking of Unity 2, or "U2", we are still looking for a venue to hold it. If it comes down to it, it might not be a potluck. Other possibilities might be a separate dinner at a restaurant, or even breakfast Saturday or Sunday morning.
  16. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok Matt, just keep me posted as to where it is. We will be there. Also, are you having prizes raffled off again? If so, I can donate a Light Saber.
  17. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'll see what I can do as well in the prize vault effort.

Might not be much, I'm sure I can dig up or buy something.

Or we could make it like a GEEK X-mas. everyone brings a gift/prize and we draw numbers to see who picks first and then we can steal gifts..etc etc like an x-mas party. everyone has some fun and walks away with a prize.

Have we heard word on anything Lucasfilm might be up to? It's close to EP3 so I can imagine they've got something cooking.

18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm sure you've already thought about this, but you should see about getting Mary Franklin and Steve Sansweet back to the event (if not some other SW celebs).
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Natalie hasn't returned my calls....yet. ;) But on another note, just found out from Daniel Logan (Boba Fett, AOTC) that he, along with Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Sala baker (Sauron, LOTR) will be at WonderCon!
  20. The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ray needed a Sith Jen fix so he's coming up to see me. I don't blame the guy ;)

Okay now that I am done being delusional......RAY PARK IS COMING TO WONDERCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I LOVE HIM! I need someone to keep me from fainting
  21. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like this party just got that much more exciting... So we hitting up Hooters with Daniel and Ray or what?! ;)
  22. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Might be a long shot, but with Kevin Smith coming as well and his unclear status with the TV show I'm betting Wondercon could be the place they make it "real"
    Let e-mail Kevin and invite him to U2
  23. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree, let's invite Kevin Smith to Unity as a special guest - he's a fan, he might want to hang with other cool fans! :)

Is Mike Quinn going to be there too? Or don't we know yet?
  24. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi again,

forgot to add this to my previous post. I was at a Party Store yesterday and I found (and purchased) some SW Ep II napkins and cups for Unity! I also got about 4 paper tablecloths that say "STAR WARS" and show unidentified silhouettes dueling - kinda generic, but still official merchandise, and best of all - no cleanup required :) I cleaned them out of cups and I got enough napkins for at least 100 people - does that sound like enough? There are 2 different sizes of napkins too, regular dinner size and smaller beverage size.

I'll keep my eyes out for plates!
  25. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay!!! Good work! We were looking for those things for the first Unity so maybe we're one step ahead for this one.

Still thinking about coming even though its the weekend after going to Sansweet's. What can I say, you guys are worth the drive.

Edit: New Muppet film? Is he working on the muppet Wizard of Oz??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.