WONDERCON 2005: FEB 18-20 (PREZ. DAY WKND)

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by AnasianSkywalker, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    any news on unity 2?

I'm also working getting a batch of movie passes from the PR people. They might be screening a film that Saturday Night (not holding breath though).

2. BlueHarvest1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi is Mike Quinn aka Nien Nunb gonna be at WonderCon? Thanks
  3. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    ^Im sure he will be.

Paris Hilton and Elisha Cuthbert are doing a panel!!!
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, a "panel"! I misread it. I thought it said...uh, nevermind. ;)
  5. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, guys and gals. The table shifts have been posted on the Yahoo groups. On a sad not, however, "Unity 2" will not be happening, due to lack of venue availability. :( So it doesn't look like there are plans for Friday night. There are no plans for a 501st dinner this year. Any ideas?
  6. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Sad news.

At the least we should all get together Saturday night for something simple. A sit down somewhere of some kind.
    Or we could patrol the streets fighting crime in our costumes.

I'm cool with either.
  7. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm so sorry U2 won't be hapening. On another sad note, I will not be attending due to logistics. However, as some of you know, I will be moving up to Marin (Novato) at the end of this month for a 5-month internship. Hopefully I will get to see some of you when I'm not out tromping around the marshes.
  8. TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis

VIP
    star 4
    Just a heads up... Randy Martinez and myself will be attending as guests of the South Bay Fan Club. Doing sketches... BSing... etc.
  9. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool! On another note, Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) has been added to the guest list, joining Ray Park and Daniel Logan. A Wookiee, a Sith Lord, and a bounty hunter? What more could you ask for? (Maybe a HOT senator!) ;) And NO, not Palpatine or Jar Jar!

On another note, the South Bay Star Wars Fan Club will have SW artists Tom Hodges and Randy Martinez doing sketches at their table, as well as folks from the SW Insider magazine to answer any questions.
  10. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Eeeegads!! due to schedule conflicts and waiting for info (not from you guys) I had to wait to book a room. Now I'm scrambling to find one at a decent rate and not too far away.

does anyone know a good spot not too far off that doesn't kill you on the parking fees?

*I got shafted last year on parking...hard.

I found the Hotel Milano but I'm having trouble getting any other places to compare it to.

Any help would be GRRRrrrrrrrRReat!

11. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey Deadpool,
    This late in the game, all I could think of is a Youth Hostel. I posted two links on page 2 of this thread. Just ask them about parking and how close they are to Moscone.
  12. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well we were hoping to make it up, but logistics also played a role. So everybody go and have fun for us! BUT we have already put next year on the calander. And we will see you at CIII and BayCon. And just for Matt - looks like "Mom" will be travling out there afterall. We are gonna stick her in a dufflebag along with our capes and hope the Force is With Us. (Can hardly wait for the Screeners...and just what is it you have in the bag?) We still have to get pics of her and you. We are actually thinking of starting a "Travels with "Mom"

Anyways..off subject. You guys go and all have a good time!

May The Force Be With You!

Me
  13. Padawan_Learner_Yoda Jedi Knight

star 2
    "On a sad not, however, "Unity 2" will not be happening, due to lack of venue availability."

Doh!

Maybe we can get together for a Unity Pizza or something?
  14. The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 1
    With great saddness I will be unable to make wondercon this year. I wish it were in April since I couldn't get the days off work.

sorry guys, I love you...parade is costume for me.

And ...if you see a Mr. Ray Park, tell him....I still admire and adore him and I look forward seeing him in iron fist..

P.S. Let me know if you guys are doing anything after the con on Saturday/ Sunday, I get out of work around 6ish those days and can boogie up to SF around 7pm and would love to hang out with you guys!
  15. jlf Jedi Padawan

Hmmn, not Jedi-related, but here is a link to a short documentary about Wondercon '91. (think MULLETS)

http://johnlfoster.tv/wondercon.html

See you there!
  16. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I've never been to Wondercon, but my weekend has opened up and it looks like I'll be attending on Saturday. (Yeah!) I hope some of you won't mind a few questions from a newbie :)

For those of you who have attended previous years - how early do line-ups generally start for the popular programming such as the ROTS panel with Steve Sansweet? Is it a bit like Dragon*Con where line-ups start a good 1-2 hours before hand because the rooms fill up?

And a costuming question - do people tend to wear costumes for the entire day (to panels and all), or dress up for night time events. Again, my only frame of reference is Dragon*Con where most people attending panel discussions during the day were not in costume, but they would dress up in hall costumes for the evening.

Any insight would be appreciated! I'm looking forward to this weekend!

- Kay Dee

17. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    In general, to those of you dissapointed with no Unity 2 at WonderCon this year, fret not. :( :D It may happen in one form or another later in the year! But do keep an open schedule for the nights and afternoons after the Con closes each day. Various "un-official" get-togethers with members of the various SW Clubs may be strung up at the last minute. Just check back at the tables now and then.

** And as a reminder - (since Chanel did forget all the time ;)), do bring your ID/DL for those of you 21+...just in case.
  18. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey kay_dee,

People wear their costumes durring the entire day, im not so sure about how the lines are going to be this year, last year people just showed up when the panel started.

-Erick

19. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    You know... Unity 2 never had to be commited to the confines of WonderCon weekend. There is no rule about that and in fact, I think we are making this up as we go along.
  20. Hand-Schaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi guys! Long time no write... been very busy. I'll be looking forward to seeing you this weekend! There is a costume panel at 1:30 in rm 210 if you need somehting to do. I'll be trooping around in Jango too so stop and say hi... I'll do the same!!
  21. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Good to hear from you again Brian!
    Maybe you could take a pic w/Daniel Logan in full Jango gear if you have not already! :D
  22. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Erick - I guess I'll just go by the conference room periodically to see if a line is forming. Maybe the panel will be more popular this year with the release of ROTS on the horizon, as well as Peter Mayhew appearing.

Hum, I'm not sure yet if I want to be in my mediocre Padme or Leia garb all day (I actually don't like wearing the darn wigs) Then again I don't get many opportunities to be in costume.

The costume panel sounds like a good one to hit as well!

- Kay Dee
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hi, Kathy! As for costumes, I was hoping you and I could recreate the "picnic" scene outside on the grass by the waterfall, but the weather doesn't look like it'll be cooperating *crosses fingers* . I'll be in costume all day, probably even for the Masquerade. Don't forget to meet at our table at 11 am Saturday for the Rebel Legion photo shoot!

As for the costume panel, I thought I read on the website that it was 12:30-1:30, Room 120. Might wanna double-check!
  24. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Matt - yeah, if it's raining I don't think any outdoor picnics will work. Well, maybe I'll come in costume and bring a change of clothes if I just want to be comfortable later in the day. I guess this might be the final hoorah for the old version of the Padme picnic dress.

- Kay Dee
  25. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
    I have been sick for the last three days, I was throwing up on Monday. I haven't thrown up since, but I still feel sick. If I'm not better by tomorrow, I wanted to let you guys know so you could handle the thing with the table, I think I'm down for the 5-6 slot. I'm sorry, I was really looking foward to going, I hope I can make it. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.