main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON 2006: FRI, FEB 10 - SUN, FEB 12.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnasianSkywalker, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just got the newest mailer, and thought I'd post the link now. Yes, Wondercon will be on: FEB 10-12, 2006 at Moscone West (this time, the weekend before Presidents' weekend) Since, after the Holiday party, no real major events won't occur until February 2006. So here is the link. And guess what? The SFFF is already confirmed as an exhibitor!:D

WONDERCON 2006

FYI - Check out this article of a few SFFF members at last year's event!

WONDERCON 2005

*And make sure to check out the multimedia feature, too...

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You do know what this means, don't you?
    Time to start planning Unity 2006!
    I am planning on being at this con all 3 days, so let's get planning!
    Sacramento is right behind you whatever you need help with.

3. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I'll start dropping hints that I need to be in SF that week for work ... [face_whistling]

4. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm planning to go on Saturday 2/11.

5. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I plan to attend this year as well. (I was just telling my husband tonight he needs to get a move on with the E-11 Blaster so I can bring it to the con!) As the event approaches I'll decide how many days I'll attend. Perhaps if I do my time behind a particular fan table on a slower day like a Friday I can see all the panels I want on Saturday?

- Kay Dee

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Great minds think alike, Kathy. ;)

7. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I will attend with Angelica on Saturday and Sunday. Friday being a school day, I am grounded to take care of this little munchkin; pick her at at 2:55 pm and all. I will see you all on the weekend.Dont mind to tend the table on Saturday or Sunday to releave some of you while you go elsewhere.Count me in.[face_batting]

8. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I can also help out Friday morning until 1pm when I have to go to work (which is fortunatly right down the street). Now that there are a lot more of us, manning the table should go more smoothly.

9. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I'll be there whenever I'm not working.

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I've never been to Wondercon before, but I'm definitely looking forward to going this time!

11. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    ditto!

12. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I'll go at least Saturday.

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm also thinking at least Sat... maybe Sunday as well, depending on how things are at the time.

14. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, if you're going to go, then Saturday is the best time. There are both the Rebel legion and 501st group photo shoots, as well as Steve Sansweet's Star Wars presentations, and the SW costuming panels. And if there is a 501st dinner this year, it's usually on Saturday evening as well. If not, there's always the Masquerade to check out too.

I am still trying to work out on having a "Unity 2" dinner on Friday evening, though. :)

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool! Sat it is, then!

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    You know, if our table is next to the Firefly fan table (as someone mentioned last night) that would be cool. After all, there is a bit of cross-over between Star Wars and Firefly fandom.

Anyone see Han in carbonite in this photo?

[image=http://kay-dee.net/firefly/hanandkaylee.jpg]

- kay dee

17. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Wow Kat! You are so right, I never noticed that! A 12 inch Han in carbonite is featured in the top-right portion of the frame in the Episode "The Message." More specifically go to: Ch. 5. The clip is exactly at 17 minutes and 38 seconds in. [face_thinking]

Who knows? Maybe Kaylee and the rest of the Serenity crew was a fan of SW just like the rest of us - 500 years in the future. :D

18. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Good eyes Kathy!

19. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Whoa. I was always busy checking out Kaylee's Rio MP3 player.

20. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, I can't take credit for the good eyes. Someone that Maggie (padawan's guide) knows spotted it and made the screen capture. I just knew we had some firefly fans here that would get a kick out of it!

- kay dee

21. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Well... Pretty eyes then! :)

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    FYI - I've updated our events page of the SF fan force site to include WonderCon. As details are officially announced for any Star Wars presentaions or guests I will include that info.

Once we have more info about what will be at our table (MR Lightsaber Demos?) I can also add in those details, as well as the Unity Dinner if that comes about.

It's going to take me more time to fill in our past events page. An after Christmas project for sure!

- Kay Dee

23. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I'll be coming to the event. I will be staying at the Marriot. Tionne is bunking with me and maybe ShasaWaterwalker?

I'm going to be arriving on Feb. 9th Thursday. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in going dancing that night at Cat Club's "1984". [face_dancing]
    It's a 21 and up club. If you go early I think you can get in free. It's been a while since I've gone. But my sister says it's still happening.

I know this is a way off but so was Christmas. Look at it now!
    Anyway looking forward to seeing you all again.
    The Con will be alot of fun for us all.

24. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I don't know if we've met yet Avalyn - but I'm always up for Daning and 80's music if anyone else is :)

- Kay Dee

25. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Everyone's invited of course.

And don't worry, I'm not going to spring anything on you like refreshments with Vader.8-}

You like dancing to 80's music and StarWars we will get along famously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.