WONDERCON 2006: FRI, FEB 10 - SUN, FEB 12.

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by AnasianSkywalker, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome we are gonna have some backflash fun.
  2. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    YAY!! I'm working on getting Friday off. It's one day short of my probation period ending..but either way (paid or not) I'll be taking that Friday off so I can get to the partying.
  3. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well sometimes we do become a little childish.
  4. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Glad to know you got the time off Robert. So I guess at the club there will be the dancing group and the drinking group. lol I can't make it to the con on friday due to work (sorry can't afford the time off) but I work right down the block so if those of you going want to have dinner that night, let me know.
  5. jawbreaker666 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be up there for the whole thing...yippi, and can't wait to see all of you guys, and hang out :)
  6. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was googling Wondercon and I discovered that Ming is clearly visible in the "crowd shot" from last year! Go to http://www.comic-con.org/wc/ and look at the photo. I saw Ming right away! I didn't see anyone else but I haven't looked too hard, so you never know.
  7. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow, Anne! You're right. He's on the bottom right side of the frame, wearing his Jedi Gear.
    It's like our own version of "Where's Waldo?" [face_mischief]
  8. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL! Yeah, I forgot to mention that (I noticed it when I checked out the web site a few weeks ago).

I think it's very fitting that he made it into the crowd shot :)

- Kay Dee
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    "Hey there you are!"

"Do I know you?"

"No, but THERE YOU ARE!"

;)

To bad I ain't carrying a SFFF flag or something... lol
  10. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    FYI - I thought this would be pertinent info on Moscone West, since probably none of us has ever used this Particular part of Moscone for any other event.

So the following has some pics of the building:
    http://www.moscone.com/site/do/multimedia/list?type=0&pid=3

And btw - they apparently have WI-FI access. So maybe someone could bring their laptop, and use it as a way to have guests directly sign up or check out the new web-site? [face_thinking]

http://www.moscone.com/mtgplanners/facsvcs/wifi.shtml

Or we might need this as well:
    http://www.moscone.com/mtgplanners/faq/bizcenter.html

Still not sure about lockers though...

11. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    This is probably a lame question, but I've been incommunicado on the SF boards for a bit...is there a database or some such for volunteers to sign up for the Fan Force table? Do you need volunteers? Can I help at all?

- Kai
  12. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Thought I'd post this here too:

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc06_prog_lucas.shtml
  13. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    "The Moscone Center/Priority Point login page displays two price plans for wireless access: A 1 day plan (24 hours -$15.95) and a 1 hour plan (60 minutes- $5.95). Note: 1 hour plan is continuous for 60 minutes after initial login."
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just bumped into Mary Franklin at work (she just saw "King Kong") and she said Steve Sansweet's SW Presentation will be sometime between 5 - 7 pm on Saturday. Also, author Timothy Zahn was going to be at a book signing in Half Moon Bay on Friday night at 7 pm, but now it looks like he'll be at WonderCon instead! I mentioned if it would be possible for him to sign at our table and she said she'll try to see if that's doable. Details are still being worked out, and times TBA. She also said that she wasn't sure of which SW celebs (i.e. Matthew Wood (voice of General Grievous) would be there. She assumed Official Pix (who's an exhibitor, and the only licensed company authorized to sell authentic SW photos and autographs) told him since he is a local, but we'll have to wait and see. I actually mentioned it to Matt when he visited me at work a while back.
  15. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Kay Dee, I know you're probably tired of me asking this, but could you bring the protest signs to WonderCon? I think it would be good to promote the club if members who weren't at the table could walk around the con for a while, holding the signs, and handing out flyers for SFFF to anyone who approaches them. Someonw with a camera could follow them around to take pics with celebs and/or "interesting" con-goers! The signs would also add a nice nice touch to the RL photo shoot.
  16. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Matt, I was thinking at the very least Yoda + Sign = [face_laugh]

Yeah, the signs are looking worn but I can bring them. I know people were flipping out over them at comic-con last year. Maybe if they don't seem like old hat by now we can hope for half the response.

I'll add a rebel symbol to the corner of the Impeach Sign (a detail I originally intended and never got around to).

If you guys walk around with them for a photo op can I please be included since I worked pretty hard on the signs?

- Kay Dee
  17. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just an update re: cat club's 1984 night.[face_dancing]

I looked up the date and 1984 is on!

I did find out that there is a $3.00 cover charge B4 10:00PM.

After 10:00PM it's $6.00.

Most of you that know me have my cell but if you don't just send me a PM. Or if you have any questions.

This is also a 21 and up club-FYI

http://catclubsf.com/

18. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good to know, Tina.

And the great Frank Miller has been added as a guest of Wondercon for all three days. And if you don't know who Frank Miller is -- why are you going to a comic book convention? Seriously...the man who revitalized Batman with The Dark Knight mini series, made Daredevil cool, created Sin City, 3oo, and Batman Year One.

also according to the Wondercon site: "Friday night at 7:30pm, is the World Premiere of Done the Impossible, The Fans' Tale of Firefly and Serenity-A Documentary. It's the amazing story of how a devoted group of fans-the Browncoats-wouldn't let Joss Whedon's sci-fi TV show, Firefly, die. Out of the ashes came Serenity, the major motion picture, from Universal, released in September 2005 to critical acclaim. Interviews with writer/director Joss Whedon, cast members, crew, and, most importantly, the fans themselves, tell this vivid story." Shiny :D

LFL will of course have their standard presentation with Steve Sansweet, the fan films, etc.

But FRANK MILLER! Okay, now I'm stoked!
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    *blows dust off "The Complete Frank Miller Batman"* :D
  20. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I heard recently a movie is in the works for 300.
    Also, I know there are people around here who are fans of The Dark Crystal...well, a sequel is being made to it, with REAL PUPPETS, cgi backgrounds - but Genndy Tartakovsky is directing it! Sounds good to me. If only they don't $%^& it up now.
  21. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    The details of the Dark Crystal sequel can be found here.

And Frank Miller's 300 can be found here.

And don't forget Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez are already working on more tales from Sin City.
  22. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just as long as Mike Quinn works on it! :) Not too sure about the story line though.
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I have reservations about a sequel, although if it's done right, I guess it could be good. I still think it's a great film as it is.

On another note, there will be a "Superman Returns" presentation at WonderCon, as well as an M:I:III presentation with Director J.J. Abrams. Not sure if he'll be signing any "Lost" DVD's though. ;) As for the Superman one, it would be cool if the new Superman, Brandon Routh made a surprise appearance, like Christian Bale did for "Batman Begins" last year.
  24. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    you mean Dark Crystal, right? So long as Henson co is involved and Brian Froud, I have hope.

But Sin City would be interesting since there are several volumes that have not been covered yet with all new characters.
  25. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    They are. I think it could be good for that reason, and also because it's supposed to take place way after the first one. If there's not as close a connection to the original story, even if it's not as good, it won't feel like it destroys the feeling of the original. I think it's a smart move.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.