main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WonderCon 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Hey Rogues!

Here's a thought. Since I know both the Sac. and SF Browncoats will most likely be joined together, and since our club is so packed as it is...I suggest you join "forces" with another Star Wars Club, instead of something Serenity/Firefly based - The East Bay Star Wars Club: EBSWC

For the last couple of years, they were generous enough to help share costs on power, and would be a good resource to contact with. It could'nt hurt to ask.[face_thinking]

MTFBWY All, and I hope everything all works out..

~Dale
    SF Fan Force

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    well... i was planning on paying to get in anyways =P

but i really really reaaaaallly would like to know what the status of the hotel thing is (AJ doesn't know himself... so I may have to take you up on that offer Avalyn to bunk with the girls). anyone know when ldv is supposed to be back? We have a couple weeks before we need to have the money/room booked for the hotel but better panic now and get it done then wait until we're down to the wire.

-TJ

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'll put together a list of Hotels together. I suggest someone else back me up and do the same so nothing falls through the cracks.

TJ...bunking with girls? Dude didn't you know that's where coodies come from? Learned nothing you have.

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Poolio, you might also talk to Harlock from SFFF. He works for a hotel and might be able to get us a deal or help us find a good one.

LDV is back as far as I know, but is waterlogged in Yuba City.

5. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Good idea, Send him a PM to ask for tips.

I should have a list of hotels and prices either way by weeks end.

My only trouble is Feb 10th is Anakin's birthday so I'm trying to convince his mother to bring him up for the day, I'll be throwing him a birthday party the weekend before as well (more info later)

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Sorry peeps, I am not back yet. I will be flying in on Tuesday, if the weather holds up.

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *hopes the Weather Gods are in a good mood on Tuesday*

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Better cooties then your stinky feet DP! o0

...Or is that your new cologne, 'Body Funk' by deadpool? =p =p =p

=TJ

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Alright, guys. Play nice ;)

I have sent a PM to Harlock...we'll see what advice he can give us.
    Any thoughts on a January meeting? I know we need one. I have the show all month, so Saturday afternoons are best for me.

10. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Hi, Sat Afternoon is good for me too? What all happens at the meetings? What should we bring? Is there a fee to join? Toodles....

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Meeting details will be in another thread, but we will tell you everything you need to know.

Harlock has sent Mike and I PMs regarding the hotels. More details to follow I am sure.

12. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    kewl...

news, good. Can't wait.

-TJ

13. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm a tad more worried where to put our selves the rest of the time with no table.[face_frustrated]

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    We'll just wander about the con, go out to eat, do other fun things. I know my schedule will be busy with three clubs.

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I got your phone message Tina. Thank you!!! I'll be calling you at some point before the meeting (this is a note to help me remember to do that).
    Have you registered for admission to the con yet?

16. Pash_Cr

Pash_Cr Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    Hi All,

I will not be able to attend Wonder Con over the entire Con. Especially since I have a Con to attend next week. However, I will be their either Saturday or Sunday. As the date nears I will post with a for sure date. Also, if someone really needs me to, I can get them in as press with me.

Paul

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    As for Wondercon, Rogue 2 has a brilliant idea and we should go that route. More to be discussed at next meeting.

18. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Let it be known....the words Rogue 2 and brillant were said in the same sentance. Good job LDV..you've said the words to begin the 6th sign of the apocaylpse.

we're toast.

I've been talking to Donna and we will be talking more about this before our meeting on Sat. So far it looks like we are set to mix our chocolate into thier creamy peanut butter...two great tastes that go great together.

Also I was thinking (this is just out loud) that perhaps we should see if the BayArea Fanforces would like to join up with the Browncoats Bayarea groups and both the Sac based groups of both could have unity together. *mind you I'm not in on the planning but this is just how I would have seen Unity growning anyway.

19. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005

The world is one big peanut butter cup.:-B

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    The end is nigh. Poolio's head gets bigger, news at 11.

As for Unity, that's up to San Fran and the organizers (I hope they are organizing).

I just had a thought about carpooling for WonderCon (wodners if this was Poolio's brilliant idea). Not sure if it would work, but if we could combine rides, that would rock. Anyways, back to your boring Thursday.

Those 4 guys on horses..don't worry about them..they're with him *points to DP* :D

21. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh great now I've got the 4 horsemen in my entourage...more mouths to feed. ya know this is EXACTLY how MC Hammer went broke.

My idea is not about car pooling, it's about the table and some fun options. More later. I now return you to the apocaylpse already in progress.

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *drags thread up to the top*

So I may not be able to get the 10th off *grumblegrumblemutterwhinegripecomplain*
    I'm going to try to get the afternoon off, but Steven, you may need to look for another ride if you have aspirations of getting to Sac before about 3 pm on Friday (that is provided I CAN get the afternoon off). I'll keep you posted on my negotiations.

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Just to add an FYI, I'm going to be skipping Sunday at Wonder-con. The 10th is Henry's b-day and his birthday party is on the 12th. I had hoped to have the Rogues there but due to scheduling with my baby's mommma (eh heh) it had to be this day. If anyone wants to go I'll give details but I know it's wonder-con and most will be beat down tired by that point.

So I'll either go up on Friday or on Thrusday and either skip back to my sector late late Sat or very early Sunday.

24. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey guys, local comics shop A-1 Comics is selling advanced tickets to Vunderkahn if'n y'all wanna get em early and dun have an intraweb connection. A-1 Sacramento is on Auburn between Garfield and Hemlock, and A-1 Roseville is over by Cirby and Sunrise.

30 buckaroos for teh 3 day pass.

I got mine!

-TJ

25. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I wont be able to go.
    I may be moving soon.
    Sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.