main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WonderCon 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Moving? What? Rhonda I need details, PM me or call me!

We'll miss you at the Con, hope to see you soon.

2. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    *Breaks out in hives*

NO PEANUTS!!!! I'M ALLERGIC!!!!

*reaches for Epi-Pen*

Anyway, I am trying to go. I went to Mile High Con back in Oct and I purchased a 3 day badge and come to find out I didn't need it. We did a Con Suite, where the RMFF served ice cream. Are they doing something like that at WonderCon? I will post later when I know more. I might fly in on Friday and try to rent a car so I'll be in San Francisco already.

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Twelve days! That's like 2 less then two weeks!

*glee*

-tj

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    [image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/old_site/c3/jedispirit2.jpg]

5. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    Thats pic is so cool, the title should be "super deformed LDV". I love those toys and our fearless leader could be the next brilliant addition to the line.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Well, that's my Jedi Spirit pic. If you click the picture it will link you to a bigger pic. It was taken and Celebration 3 in Indiana.

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    For the new members that have asked what "Unity" was about, here is a link to what it was about, and see if you can find the special guests. ;) Unity

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, Rogues.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Unity will have a sequel this year. :( Also, one of our members is having a birthday that day (Friday) and we'll probably get together that night. You guys are free to join us. We're probably thinking of doing the Cheescake Factory.

I just bumped into Mary Franklin at work the other day (she just saw "King Kong") and she said Steve Sansweet's SW Presentation will be sometime between 5 - 7 pm on Saturday. Also, author Timothy Zahn was going to be at a book signing in Half Moon Bay on Friday night at 7 pm, but now it looks like he'll be at WonderCon instead! I mentioned if it would be possible for him to sign at our table and she said she'll try to see if that's doable. Details are still being worked out, and times TBA. She also said that she wasn't sure of which SW celebs (i.e. Matthew Wood -voice of General Grievous) would be there. She assumed Official Pix (who's an exhibitor, and the only licensed company authorized to sell authentic SW photos and autographs) told him since he is a local, but we'll have to wait and see. I actually mentioned it to Matt when he visited me at work a while back.

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks for keeping us up to date, Matt! I'm sad Unity won't happen, but you can totally count me in for the Cheesecake Factory (never been there).

That would be awesome if you had Zahn or Wood signing at your table. *note to self: bring a Zahn book just in case.

10. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    One more note about Unity... Although it is unfortunate it won't happen this year, here is another idea... After doing a Santa Cruz Boardwalk trip last summer w/ members of SFFF, The Santa Cruz Fan Force, and your very own Bith Lord, I suggest we do something sometime in the Spring or Summer as a Northern Californian "Fan-Force Trifecta" event. Maybe a picnic at a much closer Endor location - Marin County's Samuel Taylor Park (they shot Speeder-bike back-ground plates there).

We could even include both the Golden Gate and Central Garrisons of the 501st as well.

Now this is something we should totally discuss at WonderCon. [face_thinking]

11. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well i think that is a great idea,i cant make it to wondercon this time,but i am so wanting to do that trip and maybe a overnight we can play paintball if you guys are up to it[face_cowboy]

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    One thing I wanted to discuss with Matt at Wondercon was trying to get all the SW groups together for a Star Wars Day at Six Flags Marine World in Valiejo, since So Cal is having a Star Wars Day at Disney Land in June.

13. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    ldv that is a great idea i would have to lose weight tho i dont want them thinking one of there whales got lose[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Nah....no worries about that SMS. I worked there one summer, you look positively svelte (word of the day, look it up and increase your vocabulary!)!

Sounds like fun, Matt. I'd love to see all 5 of our groups get together for a just-for-fun event. That is if we can convince the CCG that we are worth hanging out with. ;)

15. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    @};- well hawkie i appreciate that iam not sure i look suave but thank you

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *post-sleping edits cuz I didn't notice them until now.

My last message should have said Dale...sorry bro.. [:D]
    And no, I did not misspell it. The word was "svelte"..."suave" is something entirely different. ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled madness.

17. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    [face_peace] svelte
    (adjective) 1 a : SLENDER , LITHE ; b : having clean lines : SLEEK ; 2 : URBANE , SUAVE

tionne this is the dictionary definition sos suave is in the definition
    i double checked and thought i might post it so you would know what i was told the words meaning

18. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    I love it when we all play nice. Ahhh, Wonder-Con, I am so excited. My very first Con, of any kind. Yahhhhhh! You folks are goin gto have show me the ropes.

19. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awesome SMS! (see, i just pulled it out of my internal thesaurus) :p

Yes, Jackson, we will teach you the true power of the geek.
    Pssst...I got the 10th off...free and clear. Hawkie is go for launch...lunch? :D

20. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Of course! I have been going to con's since I was about ten years old.

And I know Hawkie's got it going on.

Most of us have been at one time or another.o_O

21. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    i was checking out the boards and some guy was saying that c-4 wil get some life in about 2 weeks .i hope the weather is better if it goes back to indy if not a say have it in san francisco or vegas just aslong as gencon doesnt do it or if they do lucas film has a bigger role in how we are treated.i got rained on for like 2 hours sms got sick i wanted to sith choke a few people :mad:

22. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I didn't post this out there for everyone, and I haven't looked back in the thread to see if was posted by another yet...so if it's a repeat my bad.

One of our SF Fanforce members has a few rooms on reserve for us, if you need a room contact me (or LDV, Tina, Hawkgirl) and we'll put you in touch with the right person.

My plans are still up in the air for Wonder-con, side effect of a massy life..but I am Chaos so it's expected.

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I might take Harlock up in offer of extra rooms, but I would need a couple of peeps to go with me, due to me not being able to afford the room for that many days by myself.

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    depending on how many people are planning on staying in each room, I would also go in one of the other rooms.

Show of hands, how many are planning on bunking with Tina and for how many nights?

Just off the top of my head:
    Hawkie and Jackson (fri and sat night)
    Tina and TJ (thurs-sat night)
    LDV
    Bithlord?
    Belda Pinik and Matt?

any others I am forgetting?

25. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Don't tell me you forgot about our famous Deadpool?:eek:

Thread Status: