Sac, CA WonderCon 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, now reading your post a little more carefully, I see how it is.

I'm gonna kick all of you out of my room.:p
    Lean back on one of the beds which ever looks good that evening.
    Watch ***** movies, order room service and drink a whole bottle of Champane.

All by myself! .... so na,na,na...na,na[face_dancing]

Oh, and jump on the beds.

;)

2. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey..the top of my head is rather pointy...things fall off! :p
    Plus, I wasn't sure DP was staying overnight due to his son's party.

No fair drinking a bottle of champagne and jumping on beds without Hawkie!
  3. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay then, I will contact Harlock and see what rooms are left, and see how many people we have and what the price breakdown is.
  4. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    *cries cuz tina won't invite him... then remembers the discussion he had with BithLord at RoundTable...* [face_thinking]
  5. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds like a wonderful plan to me! Matt and I are intrested! Let us know what is the finial plans[face_praying]
  6. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ya know I was just joshin.[face_laugh]

7. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm going to need a room for WonderCon weekend and if possible I would like to room with someone since to get a room for myself will probably cause a burden on my bank account (I don't get my paycheck until that weekend, in fact; but I won't be here to claim it until I get back!).

I can room with just about anyone (as long as I can get a little time in the evening on the television to watch the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics that Friday! I'll have to slip out from the Con just to get a glimpse of that! But if need be, I'll pass the opening ceremonies up for the Con! The Olympics go on a whole two weeks; the Con only one weekend. But Wouldn't it be neat if us Galactic Athletes' Cons could run as long as the Olympics!)

Let me know who's looking for roommates.

Over and out!

--Jedi Dark Night
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    There may be an Olympic-related event involving Star Wars at WonderCon. Details are still being worked out. ;)
  9. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oooooh! I would totally be up for an Olympic related SW event. Costumed freestyle ice skating anyone????? Don't think I won't try it. ;)
  10. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Sorry we missed everyone at the last meeting. We were at Steve's. :) Us three will be at Wondercon on Saturday all day and look forward to hooking up with everyone. Thanks LDV for keeping us up to date.

Had a student at my school turn me onto a kind of cool SW website. Check it out if you get a chance ...www.sithsense.com Just remember that I work at an elementary school. :)

11. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just sent in mine and Matt's volunteere forms. That was a hassle! now all we need is a room! Are we planning on all going in on a room for this Con? Let me know please? ttys!
  12. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    Now that would be neat! A Star Wars Hoth Winter Olympics! I would definitely be there for that!

--Jedi Dark Night
  13. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well Belda, we have a few rooms, it seems. One with Avalyn and two (I think) witha SFFF member (Harlock). I guess people can pick where they want to be. I still haven't quite decided, but I think I'm going to be talking to some of these guys via the phone for the next few days. This next week is going to get very difficult for me.
  14. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
  15. R2-Tattoo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I appreciated the Wonder_con stuff post. I used to hang with Harry once in awhile when I lived in Austin, I totally forgot he had the aicn.com website.
    Jackson
  16. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nifty! I have to be at the Kevin Smith and Pixar presentations.
  17. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Chewie is in the house.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Peter_Mayhew_Confirmed_For_WonderCon_96892.asp
  18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sweet! It will be good to see Peter again.
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, Rogues. I was wondering if any of you coming on Friday could help man our table that day. Being Friday, many people work during the day, and we have some shifts available to those who'd like to take a load off and watch videos, hand out flyers (you can put yours their too), and talk to potential members about Fan Force in general. We are aiming to have two people at the table at all times for one hour shifts. Ideally, I'd like it to be people we've actually met (no offense to new SVRF members, but it would be nice for people who have met us to actually be able to tell people about us). So far, we need two people for 1:00 - 2:00 pm, and one other person for the rest of the shifts (Avalyn07, I have you down for 5 - 6 pmand 3 - 4 pm on Sat). If all shifts can't be filled, I'll just find some way to cover. Thanks!

I'll post a temporary schedule on our boards tomorrow and a final one by Thursday.
  20. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_dancing] JedHead1, yes I'm confirming my shifts are

:Friday 2:00 to 3:00PM and again at 5:00 to 6:00PM

:Saturday 3:00 to 4:00PM

21. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    well everyone have a great time i wish i could go :_|
  22. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We will be thinking about you SMS.[:D]

23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I found out where our table is. We will be in the "Small Press" area at table F-8. As you enter the main entrance on 4th Street, it's on your right against the wall, almost halfway down the length of the hall. To see a layout, go here and click on "NEW! 2006 Exhibit Hall Floor Plan" on the right:

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/
  24. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Still waiting for somone to contact me with definite details on the rooms.
  25. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let me do two things..

1. call Devin and see what he knows
    2. call Jackson and see what he is okay with

Then I will call you back Robert.

*sigh* I am really not the person to be handling this right now...but I will do what I have to do. For the love of my friends and the desperate need to escape.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.