main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WonderCon 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Check your PMs Robert

Bridget, I will be sending you a PM shortly

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay there seems to be alot of confusion as to who is going to be there Friday-Sunday and who will be there Saturday and Sunday. I need everyone, who is going and is going to spend the night, to post what days there are going to be there. And I need to know ASAP. I have possibly two rooms for Friday-Sunday, and I need to know right away who is going and what days they need the rooms.

I am going Friday and hopefully I will be able to leave in the late AM. I will be there until Sunday.

3. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    I will hopefully there Friday night till Sunday. Matt will not be able to make it, due to his new job. I already have my confirmation on volunteering for this weekend. So I'm in!

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Jackson and I will be there Fri afternoon-Sunday.

5. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I will be there definately on Saturday with a slight chance of Sunday...sounds like a weather report

6. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I plan on being there friday through sunday. What I need to know, however, is the cost (approximate) of a room for each night. I can stay all three days for the convention as long as the cost of the room (or at least my share of it) will not go above what my budget can handle. As long as it's a cost that I can fit into my monthly budget, I will be there all three days.

Specifically what time I'll be going on friday depends on who I car pool with. I believe Tionne Hawk said she got the whole day off from work for that friday so, as long as it's still OK with her, I'll probably be car pooling with her. I'm not sure what time she'll be leaving though.

--Jedi Dark Knight

7. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Avalyn I are there Thurs-Sat, and I'm rooming with her.

=TJ

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Hotel details are gradually being ironed out.
    Thus far (correct me if I've gotten these confused):
    Tina & TJ (and whoever else)- at the Downtown Marriott
    Devin (and whoever else)- one room at the Courtyard Marriott
    Bridget and Jackson (and others?)- one room at the Courtyard Marriott

There may be some room-swapping once we all get to the city. This list is just who is down for reservations for the rooms.

We WILL get this all set before Friday...you have Hawkie's word on that. Please check these boards and your PMs and phone messages before then!

9. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    Ditto what Hawkie said about the rooms. All I know is that I am going to be at the Con this weekend, I will be there Fri, Sat and Sun. I am looking forward to this folks. I am hoping to meet up with some film critic friends from Austin Texas (AICN.COM) for some film action.
    Ah yesss, whats that sound, thats the cool sound of Jackson bout to get down!

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, I have a room in my name, and Bridget will have one in her name.

Bridget and Jackson will have the other room.

Steve I will be taking the X-Wing so I can fit one person comfortably in the front seat. I will be passing through Woodland on my way, so let me know if it works for you.

11. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    LDV do you want me to come up with a new flyer with a wondercon tinge to it. Since I wont be there till Sat I can put it on the website server for you to print.

Also I have added three new member bios to the website.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds great Bith!

13. PadawanBeldaPinik

Dec 23, 2005
    I have some really sad news... PadawanMatt had a heart attack last night and another one this morning. He had to have an emergency heart cathater done to open up 2 of his main heart veins. I have been with him since last night when we went into the emergency room at Kiaser South. Today they transfered him to Mercy General Hospital off of J st to have the surgery. The surgery went well and the doctor said he'll be comming home within the next few days. It has been a very long 24 hrs for me. I do wish I was going to be able to make it, but I know my place is here by Matt's side:) Do have fun at the con and bring plenty of pics? TTYS!

14. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear that PadawanMatt had to go through serious surgury, PadawanPinik. But I'm very glad that the surgery was successful and that he is doing well. We'll miss you all at WonderCon but we'll be thinking of you. I hope Matt will continue to recover completely.

May the Force Be With You All.

--JediDarkNight

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ditto what JediDarkNight said.

Our hearts and prayers are with you and Matt.

16. PadawanBeldaPinik

Dec 23, 2005
    Thank you all... Your prayers are much appriciated and welcome! I will pass along the well wishes to Matt, from you all [:D] Thank you all again and again, this means the world to both Matt and I!

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    We will definitely be thinking of you. Take care of Matt and tell him the Force will be with him, just like we are. [:D]

18. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I hope you get better soon Matt. [:D]

Almost there! [face_dancing]

I just wanted to say see ya all in the City.

19. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    You're going early to give SF ample warning that the Rogues are coming.
    the city won't know what hit it... [face_devil]

20. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI, some of us SFFF-ers will be setting up at Moscone West around 3pm Thursday. A number of you mentioned that you wanted to go to the Cat Club. Well here is the new website:

http://www.catclubsf.com/

I suggest we meet at Metreon around 7pm to eat, then walk to the club (which does not open until 9pm). Maybe if any of you will be in the City earlier, we could meet and hang much sooner before we go to the Club? [face_mischief]

Anyway, please reply to this topic on the SFFF boards: SFFF WonderCon

Can't wait to see you all, it's been a long while....:D [face_dancing]

21. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    My heart goes out to the two of you. Having been on the "waiting room" side of this proceedure way too many times last year, I completely undertand what you are going through right now. You take care of Matt, and take care of yourself as well.

Kim

22. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    PadawanBeldaPinik I am so sorry about Matt, but I'm glad it went well. I will definately keep both of you in my prayers.

23. PadawanBeldaPinik

Dec 23, 2005
    Update::: Matt is well on the way to a full recovery. I just got off the phone with him. He is recovering fast and well! In fact the Doctor says he'll possibly be comming home Thursday! I guess his insurance wont cover any longer stay? The Doctor is well pleased and Matt is happy to be able to come home!

Thank you all a Million times a Million for all your prayers and warm wishes! Matt and I appriciate all you have done and for the joy you continue to give us!

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Fantastic news Belda!!! Tell Matt to hang in there and take it easy and don't rush back into things right away

25. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    My sympathies go out to Belda and Matt.

This is it! Can't wait to see everyone who can make it at Wonder*Con!

-TJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.