main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON 2008 - Feb. 22 - 24

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Hopefully, I will be able to meet some of you when I go up there for WC. I have no idea where I will be working but I will try and find you

2. Thomas-C

Thomas-C Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2007
    Hello all,
    I'm rather new to the organization (except for being in some photos of the Rebel Legion at Comic-con and others at the last L.A. SW Conv). I would like to help out with manning the booths if you still need someone. I don't know how helpful I would be but it still sounds like a little fun. Let me know...

Thomas

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hi Thomas - you are more than welcome to help with our table duty! I believe Matt will be posting a table shift sign-up thread soon. I'll be posting one at the Rebel Legion Endor Base forum in the next week or two as well.

4. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just found this on YouTube from last year:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tvw7UxN756E

I wonder if SithLordBlack knows about this vid?

**BTW -Kat, Can you add this link to the WonderCon 07 Link on our web-site?

5. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    He does. There were a few of them that were posted right after the con. There is another one that shows their whole performance. He has not said whether they will be in the masquarade again this year.

6. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I just talked to Charles and they are going to be in the masquerade again this year. He called the act soldier jedi.

7. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    OK - it's been added.

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry, I didn't realize you wanted the table shift sign ups to happen in this thread!

I'll aim for doing 1-2 on Friday. But if I've got to be at the Rebel Legion side of the table or there is a BSG panel I'll have to reschedule ;)

I'll sign up for more once I see how the Rebel Legion sign ups shake out. I'm scared for that side of our booth until I get some reliable sign-ups!

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, for those that didn't attend the meeting yesterday, we made a preliminary table shift sign-up. Once again, this is NOT the final schedule, as the programming schedule has not been released yet, which may change some people's times that they said they could be there. Now all I ask is that for anyone attending that weekend, if they could be at least one hour at the table, that would be great for several reasons: 1) some of us will be needed at the Rebel Legion table next to us, and 2) Eva has her own booth, so we're short one person, and 3) it's only fair!

FRI. FEB. 22:

12 - 1 - MATT/DALE
    1 - 2 - LOU/KATHY
    2 - 3 -
    3 - 4 -
    4 - 5 -
    5 - 6 - MING/KEVIN
    6 - 7 - MATT/DALE

SAT. FEB. 23:

10 - 11 - MATT/DALE
    11 - 12 - RACHEL/ *Rebel Legion Photo Shoot - 11:30 - 12:30
    12 - 1 -
    1 - 2 - THOMAS/
    2 - 3 - / *501st Legion Photo Shoot - 2 pm
    3 - 4 - LOU/GALE
    4 - 5 - ANNE M./MING
    5 - 6 - ALISON/
    6 - 7 - MATT/DALE

SUN. FEB. 24:

11 - 12 - MATT/DALE
    12 - 1 - RACHEL/
    1 - 2 - ANNE M./ROBERT
    2 - 3 - ALISON/
    3 - 4 -
    4 - 5 - MATT/DALE

The final schedule will be made at the Feb. Meeting (2/16). That is the last day where people can change their shifts. NO EXCEPTIONS! So keep checking on the programming schedule until then to find out your availability. Also, Star Wars artists Tom Hodges and Katie Cook will be rotating between 501st, Rebel Legion, and our table to hang out, sketch, and to meet and greet fans, which may also affect table duties, which would only require one person at the table.

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Matt, please change my Sat 5-6pm (remove) to a 2-3pm slot (add). I can cover the table while people are at the 501st photoshoot. (All pending the con schedule. I don't know what most of the panels will be, but I do want to see Summer Glau.:))

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll make a note of it, Alison. Tomorrow, I'll go through my WonderCon bin to see what things we still need for the table. Lou, I'll send you the files for the flyers.

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Good news!

Sideshow Collectibles has offered to donate prizes for our raffle! They will be sending us 12" figures! I won't know what they are until I receive them next week. They also offered to send us some gift cards with varying amounts, much like they did for Comic-Con and CIV. We could use those as giveaways to people who buy raffle tickets, and maybe throw in a few in the raffle as prizes too. :D

I'm still waiting on word from Gentle Giant and Official Pix as well. [face_praying]

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    More good news!

The Berkeley Rep Theater is donating tickets for Carrie Fisher's show, Wishful Drinking to our raffle! Not sure how many, but I requested a pair of tickets each day, where the winner would have to make arrangements for what date and time to see the remaining shows until March when it closes.

We'll see!

14. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Thats great news Matt. It looks like its shaping up to be a really good raffel.

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes, thanks Matt for contacting all of these places for donations. It looks like we'll have an even bigger raffle than last year! I guess we just need to make sure we really tell everyone about it because as Joan mentioned to me at our meeting... she came by our booth a few times last year and never knew we had a raffle. Some people just don't take time to read signs (actually, most people don't.). The signs just kind of help reinforce what you say.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I received the vouchers from Berkeley Rep for the Carrie Fisher tickets. We have 3 vouchers for a pair of tickets each, so we can give away one each day (valued at $288)! I also received a 1 1/2" stack of bookmarks to promote the show that we can put on the table (2" x 8 1/2")

Here's the instructions:

The vouchers may be redeemed at the Box Office in exchange for two tickets to a performance. Reservations must be made at least 10 days in advance for the performance selected. Vouchers not valid for Opening Nights, Friday or Saturday evening performances or SUnday matinee performances, and are only good for shows that still have seats available. Some restrictions apply.

For more info, call box office: 510-647-2949

We should put this on any signage for the raffle, IMO.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    On the raffle front, I received our 6 prizes from Sideshow Collectibles:

(2) 12" Leia as Boushh figures
    (2) 12" Bespin Luke figures
    (2) 12" Endor Commando figures

I also got a 15" stack of Sideshow Giftcards to anyone who buys a raffle ticket! [face_dancing]

18. BlueHarvest1138

BlueHarvest1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2003
    http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc_prog.shtml

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Cool! Now the programming schedule is up! I call first dibs! :D

OK, now Dale and I are definitely not working the table for the following times:

FRIDAY: 5 - 6

SATURDAY: 1 - 2, 4 - 6

SUNDAY: 12 - 1, 2 - 4

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oy. Two of the three panels I want to see ended up scheduled against the times I'd put down for the SFFF table. Matt, I'm going to have to change times around somehow so that I'm not working 2-3pm Sat and Sun. I'll fiddle with scheduling a bit and get back.

edit:
    Matt - please note the following changes for me:

Sat 2-3pm - remove
    Sun 2-3pm - remove
    Sun 12-1pm - add

I'm not sure what to do about Sat. As the posted schedule stands at this time, I don't see any open slots that I would be able to fill. However, if anyone else needs to change their schedule and would need someone to cover, I could do so for the following times on Sat... err, well, at the moment, it looks like just 6-7pm. Schedules might still shift around over on the RL table, which in turn could open up possibilities. If anything happens over there and my available Sat hours change, I'll let you know.

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Hum, I'm hoping I can get out of the 1-2 slot I signed up for on Friday? I'd like to attend the BSG panel if possible (part of that depends on getting coverage for the RL table from 1:30-3:00 though).

I don't have to see Kristin Bell on Friday, so if I'm not stuck covering the RL table at 5:00 I can cover Fan Force. Worst comes to worst, you know I can try to watch both tables at once but that is obviously not ideal at it is a big space for one person to cover. Inevitably there will be times where this is going to happen if all of our club members want to see certain panels at the convention. I just hope that on the flip side, Fan Force can help cover RL from 11:30-12:15 when we do our photo shoot, as I'm happy to help watch both RL and Fan Force tables if everyone is intent to go to some of the 'must see' panels.

I do hope I can break away to see the Sarah Conner Chronicles panel. Something tells me that's a popular one and I'll the only one left to man the RL table.

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
  23. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Gonna have to request to change my saturday spot since it's the same time as the Iron Man panel.

24. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    do you guys know how much parking costs per hour and for the day at 5th and mission garage? i mite park on friday.

25. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm fine with my time slot on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.