main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON 2008 - Feb. 22 - 24

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6784

2. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    WonderCon Features the Best of Comics & Hollywood

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6784

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm noting all the table shift requests/changes, everyone. I'll bring that new list to the meeting on Saturday.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    If anyone has any particullar pics they want shown on the digital picture frame at the table feel free to send them to me. I'm sorting through THE FREAKIN 10 DVDs of pics Kat sent me... :eek:

Only send high res jpgs to my e-mail (pm if you don't have it). Pic limit will be 10 per person, so make them count. I have photoshop and can fix red eye and such so DO NOT SEND photoshop files... If you are only sending MANY pics of only yourself then you are a very vain person and I will limit the amount of you there is over all (with exception of Matt because he's at every event... freak... haha). :p If it is blurry, bad quality or anything vulgar/offense IT WILL NOT BE SHOWN, (unless it's me muhahaha...). If you are exposing yourself you better be hottie chica... lol j/k ladies! That is all! :D

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks like we'll be getting something from LFL for the table too. :D

6. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I am a huge X-Files fan, so I am not gonna be able to work my shift at 1 on Sat. I'll trade for later in the day with somebody if it's at all possible or work another at another time. Sorry. I guess I shouldn't have signed up till I knew a schedule for what was going on at the con, but they really released it too late. I cannot miss anything XF related. It's too much to bear.

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Matt, I almost forgot - I picked up a holder at Taps for the SFFF table.

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay. I uploaded 150 pics... pretty good slide show. I'll bring it to the meeting. I refuse to animate all the lightsaber blades... I only did some...

9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Uploaded? Does that mean it's online somewhere and we can view it outside the meeting? Or uploaded in relation to the digital frame?

Either way, sounds like it will be cool!

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    No worries. I didn't have you signed up for that time anyway. You signed up for Sat. 4 - 5.

Everyone please bring your availability to the meeting, based on what panels you want to see. I don't want to make anymore changes after the meeting.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Uploaded into my digital frame. lol... There are a couple that aren't coming up for some reason, I'll figure it out.

12. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Glad you were able to use all those DVDs I sent. I sent ALL the Fan Force photos I have collected from all our members over the years. (see I'm not vain at all - I let you sort through it all and choose the best, haha!)

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think you're a close second to Matt as to how many pics you're in Kat. Dale too usually in conjunction with Matty... :p Me also mainly cos it's my frame... and I am that vain. ;) j/k! Grand total thus far is 213 pics... I found some from my comp that were really cool. I mixed costumes, with group shots, and funny pics (no worries, nothing too embarrasing...), and I put a couple of random surprises. o_O. Oh! Apparently I can add music to this thing... Gonna try out that function later. I'm thinking mainly the ESB soundtrack with a couple of other main themes.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Cool! I hope there are some pics with other members shown. I wouldn't want people to think it's just me, Dale, Kathy, and Ming. [face_worried] I'm sure you put in pics with Chanel in there too. I think the non-costume pics are good (picnic, Great America, movies, birthdays, holiday party, etc) because it shows we do other things together besides Star Wars. :)

Hard to believe it's 5 years of SFFF! [face_dancing]

Can't wait to see it, Ming. If you need music options, let me know. I have so many SW-related music, from disco versions, jazz, techno, lounge, and of course, all 6 of the soundtracks.

15. Thomas-C

Thomas-C Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2007
    Re: Gaming schedules and RL table time slots

The list for the gaming event slots has not yet been posted. Does anyone know what the typical or expected time slots that have been usually held in the previous years (i.e., 1 to 4pm, 2 to 3pm, 1 to 5pm, etc.)? I was planning on doing some gaming and if I know the time-slots then I can organize my day to take an extra shift or two at the RL table.

Thomas

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, I do try to attend a lot of events! So don't make me feel guilty about that ;) But don't forget a lot of photos were taken with my own camera too and I'm not usually in those unless I can beg a friend to take a photo for me when I'm at a convention or party.

Sorry, I have no clue about gaming :(

RE: MY OWN SFFF TABLE SHIFTS

OK, I'm just about having to cover the entire day on Friday on the Rebel Legion side of the booth. Saturday is still really up-in-the-air for the RL booth too. I wanted to take the afternoon off to possibly eat, change and do the 501st photo but may not even be able to do that seeing that there are gaping holes on the RL Saturday Schedule.

Right now about the only time slot I think I have free at the convention is 12:00-1:00 Sunday and that is because I'm counting on Matt to be able to handle the RL side of the table alone :)

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm in the same boat as you, Kathy. Hopefully, we'll have more people tomorrow that weren't at last month's meeting to take the burden off us a little.

Can someone buy some a bag or two of CANDY for my gumball machine for the SFFF table and bring it to the meeting tomorrow? Either M & M's plain (they're smaller) or Skittles would be good. :D

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt, I'm hoping you and I can look at the shift schedules and make sure that we are both doing an even share of shifts (like if I'm doing 15 hours of RL and Fan Force combined, I hope you are too). I'll be a tiny bit upset if I've agreed to help get this RL table up and running if I'm left to do like 80% of the shifts myself and everyone else is free to go see all the panels on their list and roam the convention. I hope you'll agree that's not fair :(

19. Thomas-C

Thomas-C Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2007
    I just wanted to say that I will not be making it tomorrow for the meeting. I enjoyed everyone's company last time but it is a long drive from San Jose and back again. I will be at Wonder-Con all 3 days however and will see you all there.

I am still trying to find out the times for gaming so I can help out more at the booth. I may not get that information until last minute but I would certainly be willing to take/switch a shift last-minute if someone needs to change. As soon as I know, I'll post here as to what shifts I can take. Other than gaming, the photo shoot, and a couple of programs, I should have time available to take a couple of extra shifts (in addition to the one I have already signed up for).

Lastly, I still have that sealed Leia Hologram figure from Comic Con if it is still needed for the raffle. I'll bring it on Friday to the RL booth unless someone tells me otherwise.

Thomas

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

You mean it's not? :eek: :p Don't worry about it, I got it covered, and of course Chanel is in there. I included picnic, parties, clubbing, etc... If any people have pics of themselves at a SFFF function that so freakin amazing, and they're not photo whores like some of us (j/k! [face_laugh]) then they should send them to me so they can be in the digital frame. There are also a lot of good random individual shots of people usually doing something for a laugh, thus Matty is a lot of those... :cool:

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Since I'm another person who makes the trek out from the San Jose area, I totally understand if you can't make every meeting Thomas. I'm really happy you could make it to the last one since that was really the biggest planning meeting from my point of view.

I think we have plenty of raffle prizes. I'd probably encourage you to hang onto your action figure. We have a lot of stuff to give away this year. I'm personally going to hang onto the couple of extra items I have. Maybe if we don't get so lucky with donations next year they will be more useful then (if I have not already given them as gifts to people!)

There are a lot of important things to wrap up at this meeting and this is one of those times I wish I had the 'Telepoto' Hero power :(

I'm pretty sure I'm spending my day tomorrow going to Alison's to pick up the stuff she got for our table, going to Tap or Staples for a few extra display items, going to the fabric store, making more signs... there's only one of me.

22. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm trying to change my shift at work on Friday to a morning one. If that happens, I could help cover the table Friday afternoon if needed. I would probably get to the con around 1:30. I will let you know when I know for sure, probably not till Monday.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I just uploaded music into the frame and it's AWESOME! No volume control though so it's not that loud but still, it totally works.

24. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Can the volume be turned off on the digital frame it is conflicts with the video on the TV? We don't want to have noise pollution ;)

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here are the time slots still available for the table, and how many people are needed. For example, if it says "x1", that means there's already one person signed up, and a second one is needed; and "x2" means no one has signed up. Some people may get lucky, when either artists Tom Hodges and Katie Cook decide to stop by to sketch and say hello to fans. They'll need two seats, but that still means we need one SFFF member there with them. I'll give until noon on Tuesday until I post the final schedule. After that, NO CHANGES.

FRI:

1-2 (x1)
    2-3 (x2)
    3-4 (x2)
    4-5 (x2)

SAT:

12-1 (x2) 11:30-12:30 = Rebel Legion Photo Shoot
    1-2 (x1)
    2-3 (x2) 2:00-2:30 = 501st Photo Shoot
    4-5 (x1)
    5-6 (x2)

SUN:

2-3 (x2)
    3-4 (x2)

Kathy, Alison, Dale and myself are splitting up between working the SFFF and RL tables, so we need your help, and like Kathy said, it's only fair. :( Some people who weren't at either last month's or today's meeting still need to sign up too. You know who you are. [face_shame_on_you]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.