main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON 2008 - Feb. 22 - 24

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    It was my understanding that since Tom and Katie were paying for a booth this year, they would be spending most of their time there. And at best one of them at a time may make a token visit to the RL/Fan Force booths. That's 4 chairs they have to choose from.

My biggest concern is that gap during the Rebel Legion photo shoot. I obviously can't miss that and for a half hour to 45 minutes we just need someone to keep an eye on the table and raffle items. I'm OK with removing some things from the RL side of the table temporarily if it's too much for someone to keep an eye on, but obviously we can't have the raffle prizes unattended, or Eva's TV, or Ming's digital frame.

So far between Fan Force and RL I'm signed up for 10 hours. That's not including empty holes I have not yet put my name into for the RL table shifts because I'm hoping to get a few more sign ups before people just look at it and say 'oh, it's covered, I don't need to volunteer'.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

But... but... but.... I likey the noise pollution. :p hahaha... It's not that loud Kat.

3. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    If my megaphone comes in time...I will bring it. [face_praying]

4. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    You are kidding right? You know we have volume restrictions for our tables. (For real - I read my exhibitor's guide. LOL!)

5. BBQMASTER

BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    I'm leaving for Wonder-Con now. I'll be flying on Virgin America.w00t!! I hope that I'm not breaking any club rules by not taking my uniform (armor) with me. Please forgive me. I'll stop by to say hi.

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Do you have any rebel gear bbq master? We will have a Rebel Legion photo shoot on Saturday, you are welcome to join us!

It's great that there are more and more people traveling to San Francisco for this convention. I say it's the convention for people who are sick of the crowds at Comic-Con :)

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    C'mon, people! It should be me and Kathy working both tables and not getting a chance to enjoy the con. I'm giving up seeing some stuff just to watch the table, and if I see someone wandering around, when they didn't sign up, I'll be pretty disappointed. [face_shame_on_you] We still have open shifts for the table and I haven't heard from some people who I heard were going, but didn't attend the meeting. Help us out, please! Ashley? Sharon Rose, Erick? Charles? Donna? Even? Random stranger? [face_worried]

I would like to make the final schedule by tomorrow night.

8. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    My wife and I will be flying up there Thursday morning. Any recommendations on where to eat downtown or nearby Moscone? She has already roped me in for a night at that Dimaggio's Chophouse...errr.

In case anyone is wondering, I will be at the Volunteers Desk.

9. Red_Mandalorian7887

Red_Mandalorian7887 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    Ok, well this is Random Stranger, here. So if you dont mind someone who is unfamiliar with all the con stuff, then I'm available. ;) My only request is I'd like Sunday off as Ive gotten my partner, aka Mr Anti-Star Wars to come with on Sun.

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey there Red_Mandalorian. It will be good to see you again!

Volntyr - gosh, there are so many restaurants in San Francisco it's hard to know what to suggest. The Union square area has some up-scale Italian and Seafood restaurants. There is a mexican chain called Chevy's that's OK and it's just across from Moscone. But there are probably more unique places that would be better. Maybe Matt will have some suggestions. I don't really live in San Francisco so I don't eat there often at all.

11. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I will be at the con Friday afternoon. I won't probably get there till 1:30 and will need to go through registration, but I could help cover the table, probably starting about 2pm if needed. The only thing I really want to see that day is Brendon Fraser but that is not till 6:15.

12. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'll try and fill in an extra time slot friday afternoon as well. but i agree with matt...where are the other fan force members?? i find it unfair for the rest of us,not to mention those of us who chipped in for the power. just my 2 cents.

13. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    Okay guys -

As most of you know, I have not been very active for about one year now, and only check the boards about once per month. I did not even know I was going to the con until Saturday, so please chillax.

I can sign up for the 2-3 opening on Saturday, and will most likely have one of my siblings there with me.

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt, perhaps you can do what I've been doing with the Rebel Legion table. Personally contact the members who are not signed up for any (or very many) shifts.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Bribes for volunteers could possibly work too... haha...

16. BBQMASTER

May 19, 2005
    I left all my gear in San Diego...I'll wear a club shirt and help out at your table on Friday.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I did. :( Ooh, maybe I'll try asking Mirtha?! [face_thinking]

PM sent.

Thanks for volunteering! It gives me hope when someone visiting SF actually spends time to man our table. [face_shame_on_you]

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Haha - you know what I meant (members who we know are attending the convention).

19. Red_Mandalorian7887

Mar 15, 2007
    Will somebody be telling me what my shift is? Or do I just show up?

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Even,

Can you do 12-1 or 5-6 on Saturday? Are you free Friday too? If you do a shift Friday, it'll be slower and you can get your feet wet at working the table if you decide to do Saturday too. :)

21. Red_Mandalorian7887

Mar 15, 2007
    I can do 12-1 on Saturday, and I can also do a Friday shift just let me know what time or choices, Thanx!
    I'll be siging off online tonight, Matt so if you text me I will let you know asap
    E~~~~~~~~~

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    For those wondering - yes, we're still planning on going to the Cat Club tomorrow, say 9-9:30 pm. We can all have dinner after we set-up. Call me around 6;30 pm to see when we might be finishing up.

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Based on what people have told me or posted, here are the FINAL table shifts for the weekend (please stick to your commitments):

FRIDAY:

12-1 - MATT/open
    1-2 - LOU/open
    2-3 - open
    3-4 - open
    4-5 - open
    5-6 - MING/KEVIN
    6-7 - MATT/DALE

SATURDAY:

10-11 - MATT/DALE
    11-12 - RACHEL/open 11:30-12:30 = RL PHOTO SHOOT
    12-1 - EVEN/open
    1-2 - THOMAS/open
    2-3 - SHARON ROSE/open 2:00-3:00 = 501st PHOTO SHOOT
    3-4 - LOU/GALE
    4-5 - ANNE M./open
    5-6 - open/open
    6-7 - MATT/DALE

SUNDAY:

11-12 - MATT/DALE
    12- 1 - RACHEL/ALISON
    1-2 - ANNE M./ROBERT
    2-3 - ERICK/open
    3-4 - open/open
    4-5 - MATT/DALE

Please notice all the open shifts, everyone, especially when there is NO ONE scheduled. :eek: Kevin, Rachel, Even, Dennis (SDFF) - you all said you could work the table on Friday. Please call me ASAP or come to the table when you can cover any open slots.

Dan, Ashley, Donna, Anne W., Charles - didn't hear from you guys about working the table or not, so please look it over and call as to what you can cover. The sooner you can call, the sooner you can be pencilled in, allowing others to enjoy the convention without worrying about leaving the table unattended. :)

Everyone, please make a note to when you're working, and try to get there 5-10 minutes beforehand. Whoever is at the table, please call the next person about 10 minutes before your shift ends to remind them about their shift.

24. BBQMASTER

May 19, 2005
    I'll take the Friday 4-5 shift and 3-4 shift after th BSG panel.

25. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Matt, I should be able to cover the 2-3 shift tommorow while everyone is in the BSG panel. I get off work at 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.