WONDERCON 2009 - Feb. 27 - Mar. 1

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    If anyone wants to go the Rebel Legion/501st Dinner on 2/27, contact myself or Kathy for more info.

If you are not a member of either group, you can ask a member to be their guest. Payment is due by noon on 2/20.

There will be VIP's in attendance as well as a free raffle!

Afterwards, those who are interested can play some pool (for a separate fee).
  2. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi guys! I can see you are getting ready for Wondercom, I wish I could go, especially because it will fall on my birthday :p I will be so nice to celebrate my 30th b-day over there. I'm working on it but I think I might go to San Diego Comic Con this year (yeah!!!!) I can't wait to see you guys again :)
    I miss you all.
  3. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    I almost forgot.. who is going to be in this year wondercom promoting movies. I still remember the hottie of Superman Returns hahaha. I wonder if this year the people from Twilight will be at San Diego Comic Con.. I want to see Robert Pattinson hehehe.
  4. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    They were all there last year Mirtha. I took a few pics for Angelica, who was very happy to see them. Don't know if they will come out for New Moon. It reminded me of boy band concerts when I was a teenager, with all the screaming....;)
  5. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know! It was totally crazy last year. I was so upset I couldnt go because I want to see the cutie of Twilight hahaha. Robert is a Bombom haha.
    I'm almost positive I'll go to San Diego Comic Con. Probably I'll visit SF for a couple of weeks and It will be nice to head up to San Diego with all of you.
    I'm set up everything by the end of february :)
    I'll keep you post it my friends :)
  6. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'll be at comic con this year. it wouldn't be summer without a trip to san diego for comic con! once hotel and airline availabilty is open im gonna book!
  7. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm going to try and book hotels before CC opens their's up.
  8. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    once u get a heads up hor hotels let me know matt
  9. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Confirmed to sign for WonderCon:

Mark Hamill (Fri-Sun)

Carrie Fisher (Sat-Sun)

A Skywalker reunion!

:-B

10. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    programming schedule is up.pretty UNDERWHELMING!! no gi joe or transformers panels
  11. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    With the programming schedule and autograph guest list out, I've already planned my weekend and my table duties. ADAM WEST will be there! Yes! [face_dancing]

If anyone wants to go to the Rebel Legion/501st dinner at Jillian's on Friday night, payment is due by noon on 2/20 (you can go as a guest of a member of either group). Contact myself or Kathy for details. We will have LFL and Star Wars celebs present.
  12. SWFAN3 Force Ghost

star 1
    Both Hamill and Fisher?

Interesting. However, I will believe it when both are there.
    Wondered what their policy will be on signing.

If both are there, there will be spending.

Always in motion the future is.
  13. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27

1:00-2:00 Sony Pictures Television, 20th Century Fox, and FOX: Sit Down, Shut Up?Get ready to Sit Down, Shut Up with the cast and producers of the newest animated comedy series to hit FOX on Sunday, April 19 at 8:30 pm. Here?s your chance to ask burning questions about the show?s origin and first season, interact with the voice talent, learn more about their characters, and catch an exclusive sneak peak at the series! Executive producers Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development) and Josh Weinstein (The Simpsons) will be joined by voice talent Will Arnett (Arrested Development), Kenan Thompson (Saturday Night Live), Henry Winkler (Happy Days), and Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants). Moderated by Animation Magazine editor Ramin Zahed. Room 103

2:00-3:00 Black Panther Animated Series?He is the King of Wakanda, and soon he will be the King of TV! BET and Marvel Entertainment proudly present an exclusive look at the upcoming Black Panther cartoon, featuring the voice talents of Djimon Hounsou and more! Denys Cowan, senior VP of animation for BET and others discuss the genesis of the Black Panther comic series, as well as the creation of the animated series based on the origin story of "Who Is the Black Panther?" set to debut in mid-2009. Find out more behind the Black Panther and get a sneak peek at the cartoon at this star-studded panel! Room 103

2:30-3:30 Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Art of 2D Visual Effects?Craig Sost and Marlon West talk about the challenges that blending characters and EFX in a hand-drawn, 2D animation medium presents in creating drama. Featuring a key scene from Walt Disney Animation Studios' next release Princess and the Frog, which the moderators will take apart to illustrate the magic of the production process. Room 22

3:30-4:30 The Once & Future Trek!?Our regular panel of expert Treksperts reconvenes to hold court on the new Star Trek film from J. J. Abrams as well as share their candid and uncensored thoughts on the state of the franchise and the upcoming releases of the original classic feature films on Blu-Ray. Boldly go to Room 104 with such luminaries as Robert Meyer Burnett (Free Enterprise), Daren Dochterman (ST: TMP Special Edition, visual effects producer), Steve Melching (The Clone Wars), comedian Mary Forest, and Anthony Pascale (Trek Movie, webmaster). Room 104

5:30-7:00 Watch Horror Films, Keep America Strong DVD Premiere?For 14 years?1971 to 1984?Creature Features was one of the most popular TV shows in San Francisco/Bay Area television history. The late Bob Wilkins hosted the Saturday night series for eight years, followed by John Stanley for another six. Wilkins' wit and unusually droll personality and Stanley's celebrity interviews and satiric mini-movies are all part of Watch Horror Films, Keep America Strong, a full-length documentary. The film features interviews with Wilkins, Stanley, and other key figures close to the show, as well as classic clips. This historic journey illuminates an era of television that should never be forgotten. The film will be introduced by John Stanley (host) and Tom Wyrsch (producer). Room 220

6:00-8:15 Wonder Woman DVD Premiere + Exclusive Green Lantern Sneak Peek?Embark on a journey of untold beauty, grace and strength as Princess Diana uses her remarkable gifts and evolves into Wonder Woman, the world's most renowned female superhero. Warner Premiere, Warner Home Video, DC Comics, and Warner Bros. Animation present the West Coast Premiere of the next entry in the DC Universe animated original movie series featuring the action-packed origin story of the Amazonian princess?from her mythological beginnings through her introduction to Steve Trevor, her travels to America, and a no-holds-barred battle with Ares, the God of War. Wonder Woman's stellar cast includes the voices of Keri Russell (Waitress), Nathan Fillion (Castle), Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2), and Rosario Dawson (Sin City). The screening will be followed by a panel discussion of the film by Emmy Award?winning animation legend Bruce Timm, breakthrough di
  14. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    So far the word is Mark will sign anything, and he's charging 100 bucks! (ouch). I know Matt says this is a deal but I guess I'm remembering Carrie's autograph being in the 50 dollar range just 2 years ago at Comic-Con. I'd been looking forward to finally getting Mark's autograph, but now I'm not so sure I can justify it :oops:
  15. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    By the way, should we start a thread for a Thursday night pre-WonderCon dinner and dancing at Cat Club?
  16. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be great Kathy.
    Also... $100 :mad: Serious?
  17. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Lou, you could've just posted links. ;)

As for Mark, last time I volunteered for his line duty, I got a FREE autograph. Same with Carrie. Not sure what Official Pix is doing for volunteers this time though. His autograph actually costs more if you order online, and only then are you offered a select few items to get signed, vs your own stuff.
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Details on Mark and Carrie's autographs procedures:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Official_Pix_WonderCon_Autograph_Tickets_121044.asp
  19. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Karen, who is acting as coordinator for volunteer duty, made no mention we'd get anything free. She asked if volunteers might be able to take a photo with Carrie and Mark, and even that was not something they could confirm a yes on at all.

I just don't want people to get their hopes or expectations up that they will get an autograph and hear a lot of grumbling that they got jipped or something for doing line duty. There are a lot of people I know who volunteerd through the 501st other years who never got a free autograph.
  20. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    Still...$100? I would Pay $200 for Ian's or even that much for Irvin's or James'. BUit $100 for mark who you can find at almost every con? No thanks. No offense, he is Luke and all... but no thanks.
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    The only actors I've paid over $100 for are Hayden Christensen, Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee - all through Official Pix. I think the other ones they offer in that range are Harrison Ford and Ian McDiarmid (maybe James Earl Jones too). I was lucky enough to get Ian's years ago from someone in England who got it from him at his theater company. I almost paid that much for Natalie's. ;) I don't think anyone (other than Harrison) is over $200.

---------------

Back to topic:

Now that the programming schedule is up, I hope all of you are considering the shifts you can do at the SFFF table for the weekend. All we're asking is one hour minimum and one person instead of two. Some people who can't make the meeting have taken the initiative and given me the times they can work the table. Thanks!

Here's what slots are still available as of now. I will update this at the meeting:

FRI:

1-2
    3-4
    4-5

SAT:

11-12 (this is important as the Rebel Legion will be doing their photo shoot, and may need two people)
    12-1
    1-2
    2-3
    3-4
    4-5
    5-6
    6-7

SUN:

1-2
    2-3

22. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, he hasn't been signing at Comic-con, Dragon*Con, WonderCon... or the SW Celebrations for all the years I've been going to cons. I know, I only started going to cons, like, 5 years ago or something but this is the first time he's been signing at a con I've attended.

I do see what you mean though, he isn't a stranger to conventions in the least. I don't know what he charged in the past but I was honestly surprised by this pricing :(
  23. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    By the way, I wanted to make sure our friends in Fan Force knew they were invited to the Rebel Legion photo shoot Saturday morning at 11:30. We'll be meeting up at 11:15 on the mezzanine level on the stairs behind the exhibitor registration booths (assuming they are in the same place they've been the last 2 years).

Every year we've taken a group photo with all our friends in Star Wars costumes, no specific club affiliation required for our first big friends and family group shot. We take this photo first so that kids and others who are not part of the club don't have to wait around while we take our various group pictures for the club.

Hope we'll see some of you there!

[image=http://endorbase.org/photo/wc-08/rebel-shoot-friends.jpg]

Also, the Rebel Legion 501st dinner is on Friday night. If anyone wants to join us for dinner at Jillians it's 25 dollars per person. You'd need to be a guest of a RL or 501st member like myself (I know Matt will be there and I'm guessing Dale) so if you are OK paying 25 dollars and want me to add you on the guest list as one of my guests just send me a PM and we'll work it out. We have to pay by paypal by Feb 20th since the meal is paid for and restaurant reserved in advance. There will be raffle prizes, and there are usually some VIP guests associated with Lucasfilm and Star Wars.
  24. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just under 27 hours and counting to pay and RSVP for the RL/501st Dinner....
  25. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    Matt,
    Did you get my tableshift request? I will be back in the city early afternoon Saturday. If I can make, it I'll make it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.