main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON SFFF TABLE SHIFTS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    For those who haven't signed up, here's what was listed at the meeting. I noticed I made an error concerning Friday's shifts, so I adjusted it to coincide with the correct con hours. If you'd like to add your name, please post like "Saturday, 2 - 3 pm"., along with your name. I'll take it down, and I'll post the final version a couple of days before the con. So pleeeeease be sure you can make the shift you sign up for. It's best to have two people at the table at all times... no more, no less. Last year, people signed up for shifts and didn't show up, leaving people at the table who wanted to check out the con, but couldn't because they had to watch the table. :( Make sure you schedule yourself around panels and other stuff you want to do and see too. FYI, the Rebel Legion photo shoot is tentatively scheduled to happen around 12 pm on Saturday, and the 501st photo shoot is at 9 am that day (again, tentatively). Also, please PM or e-mail me me your cel phone # (if I don't have it already), to put on the contact list at the table.

FRIDAY, 2/10:

11:00 - 12:00 - MATT/DALE
    12:00 - 1:00 - ANNE M./MING
    1:00 - 2:00 - KATHY
    2:00 - 3:00
    3:00 - 4:00
    4:00 - 5:00
    5:00 - 6:00
    6:00 - 7:00

SATURDAY, 2/11:

10:00 - 11:00 - MATT/DALE
    11:00 - 12:00 - RACHEL/EVA
    12:00 - 1:00 - GALE/SHARON ROSE
    1:00 - 2:00 - ALISON
    2:00 - 3:00
    3:00 - 4:00
    4:00 - 5:00 - MING
    5:00 - 6:00
    6:00 - 7:00

SUNDAY, 2/12:

11:00 - 12:00 - MATT/DALE
    12:00 - 1:00 - RACHEL/ANNE M.
    1:00 - 2:00 - BRITTANY/MING
    2:00 - 3:00 - ROBERT
    3:00 - 4:00 - BRITTANY
    4:00 - 5:00

2. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Please sign me up for these times.

Friday 2:00 - 3:00
    Friday 5:00 - 6:00

Saturday 3:00 - 4:00

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt- I remembered signing up for 2 shifts on Friday. Did you guys bump me off the morning one?

- Kathy

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    It should help that we have a lot more members now than we did at this time last year. Hopefully that will give everyone a lot more flexability.

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Oops! Sorry, Kathy. Your first shift was 12 - 1 pm, but I bumped everyone down one hour because I forgot it started at 11:00, not 10:00. Your other shift is 3:00 - 4:00 pm.

6. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hum, I'm not sure I can do 3:00 - 4:00. I need to get a clearer idea of the schedule before I commit to a later shift.

- Kathy

7. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Just watch...all the cool stuff will happen during my shifts [face_worried] :p

8. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I'll take friday night.

9. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    As I wrote on the original sheet at the meeting, you can just put my name in any open slot. I would be happy to do more than one shift as well if it is needed.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey all, sorry about this but there's a good chance I can't come in on friday. I forgot about the First Alert team's training off site that I'm obligated to go to even though it is my weekend. All in a day work to save lives and all... On the plus side I am now certifide in CPR, defibrillation using an AED (Automated Electronic Defibrillator), the heimlich maneuver, and spot treatment of lacerations and broken bones. There's two days of training before that too so it's three days overall. BUT! If your ever dying or something I just maybe able to save your @ss. :cool:

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Is there a treatment to Holiday Special exposure?

12. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I need one! I'm still suffering painful symptoms. This thing stays in your system until it's somehow eradicated.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, scratch that off the programming list. ;)

Ming, should we change your title to SFFF Nurse? :rolleyes:

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yes, it's called death.

Hahahaha! Jack@ss... laugh it up... I guess I know who NOT to save when the time comes. Actually I'll probably go for the EMT training. Along with search and rescue and HAZMAT.

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    S both you and AJ are EMT trained or will be?[face_worried]

16. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    HAZMAT rules!

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Wow... even when someone is trying to better themselves and learning skills and abilities that can save people... Interesting... very interesting. Well, let me say this, I bust my @ss and am bad @ss at what I do. Furthermore, every bit of knowledge and skill I have with Star Wars is that much on par with how much ability I have in biotech and wanting to help people... Make fun if you will, but keep in mind that Star Wars WAS the thing I took seriously, Genentech and the things associated with it are the things I take seriously NOW. I get it though... I totally get it. Just bring it...

18. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
  19. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    well, I think it's cool Ming. It's one more ability you will have to help people. My coworkers and I took a pet first aid class as part of our training. Although my boss complained that the manaquins used for CPR looked like roadkill.
    Although I have noticed that this thread is drifting off topic (like a lot of them do). lol

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Back to topic, would anyone like to take Ming's shift on Friday? A better question, who is free either partially or the entire day Friday for shifts?

21. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Sorry I haven't chimed in sooner. Waiting to see how this scheduling/changing area will work out. I should be able to cover for Ming on his Fri shift. Pencil me in for Fri 12-1

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

[quote=DarthVader79]Its ok ming, you can say ass,(instead of that @ symbol) just as long as its not in a derogitory way. It has intrugued me so much that i decided to look it up. The offical profanity and disallowed word list[/quote]

Huh... Thanks for the info.

23. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    I am.

24. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    There's an official profanity and disallowed words list?:eek:

Well, it's good to know that smeg and smeghead are not on the list.[face_mischief]

This is where learning those curses from Firesly comes in handy too.

25. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Lucas page on Wondercon site

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc06_prog_lucas.shtml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.