main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON SFFF TABLE SHIFTS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh Cool! Thanks elmoizme Finally official word. I'll add it to our web site :)

Dang, I'd enter the Masquerade if I had a clever presentation. I'm not a performer though. And walking on and off the stage is usually not good enough for Masquerades.

- Kay Dee

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks Elmo. I posted the info also on the WonderCon thread. Let's try to keep this thread for table and shifts, though. Thanks. :)

Speaking of which, does anyone have anything to donate for the table giveaways? I have the trilogy stickers from the first Virgin event, some of the extra Sideshow Collectibles keychains and wristbands, a set of SW PEZ dispensers, ROTS iron-ons, and a Vader standee. This is a great chance to get rid of some SW things that you don't want/need.

Also, how should we do the giveaways? I was thinking that we could have a raffle for whoever signs up, or (if I can borrow it from Metreon) we can use a spin wheel ala Wheel of Fortune where whoever signs up gets a chance to spin the wheel for a prize.

I'll also have the SW candy machine filled either with M & M's or Jelly Bellys (lightsaber colors or course) for us or the kiddies. Any preference?

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    My vote is always for chocolate. I can also bring that small vader bucket I got at the holiday party if you need it Matt.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    FYI, we still have about 20 slots still left open for the table! Hopefully, we can get more volunteers tomorrow night and Saturday! I'll post the final list on Wednesday.

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Now that the programming schedule has been posted for WonderCon, please consider when you will be manning the table:

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/

I will be posting a schedule on Monday, and the final one on Wednesday, which will stick (right?).

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Any Chance I can switch my Friday shift to 3-5 (Maybe even 3-6) instead of 1-2? The only programming I'm half interested in seeing Friday (other than Serenity in the evening) is during my shift. I'd be bored the rest of the afternoon anyway.

I'm still looking over Saturday and Sunday's schedule.

Thanks,

Kathy

7. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    gale and i will be there with bells on! in addition to me and gale at the table, it is very likely that my brother zero and bf dan will be at the table to keep us company most of the time we will be "wo-manning" the table. hope that is not a prob. thanks!

8. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    MATT, I HAVE SIGNED UP WITH RACHEL AT 11AM BUT IT IS NOT REALISTIC SINCE I MIGHT NOT COME SO EARLY. IF THE SHIFT AFTER MING IS NOT TAKEN , I WILL TAKE THAT INSTEAD AROUND 5 TO 6PM. LET ME KNOW. I WILL SEE YOU TONIGHT.

9. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    no need to shout now.

10. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    I'm not going to be able to make it Saturday or SUnday unfortunately... So you can stick me on any shift/s for Friday.

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Ack! You are going to miss the best day - Saturday! Star Wars presentation, Rebel Legion photo... I think the Superman panel is that day too. That sucks :(

- Kay Dee

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If you want that shift, then you'll be missing the Star Wars Presentation by Steve Sansweet at 5:30, and if you come after 11 am, you'll be missing the 501st photo shoot. The Rebel Legion photo shoot is tentatively scheduled at 12 pm as well.

P.S. NO CAPS LOCK!!!

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, here's the shifts so far. I will post the final version Wednesday night. Please remember to take a shift that doesn't conflict with other activites/panels you'll be attending, so please check the programming schedule. Once the final list is posted, I'm holding you to that commitment. I'd like to this to run as smoothly as possible. :) I have also asked some SVRF members to help cover if necessary.

FRIDAY:

11 - 12 MATT/DALE
    12 - 1 ELTON/ANNE M.
    1 - 2 SEAN/ ?
    2 - 3 TINA (SVRF)/ ?
    3 - 4 KATHY/ ?
    4 - 5 KATHY/ ?
    5 - 6 TINA/ ?
    6 - 7 ERICK/MATT

SATURDAY:

10 - 11 MATT/DALE
    11 - 12 RACHEL/ ?
    12 - 1 GALE/SHARON ROSE
    1 - 2 ALISON/ANNE W.
    2 - 3 EVA/CHARLES
    3 - 4 TINA/MING
    4 - 5 ? / ?
    5 - 6 ? / ?
    6 - 7 ? / ?

SUNDAY:

11 - 12 MATT/DALE
    12 - 1 RACHEL/ANNE M.
    1 - 2 BRITTANY/MING
    2 - 3 ROBERT/ ?
    3 - 4 BRITTANY/ANNE W.
    4 - 5 MATT/DALE

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Does anyone have anything to donate as far as prizes go for a raffle? I wanted this to be a hush-hush thing where whoever signs up for the club gets a raffle ticket, with a drawing on Saturday at 6:30 pm. We would let people know of the raffle AFTER they sign up. The reason I wanted this to be unannounced is that I'd like to give prizes to those who actually are interested in the club and sign up for it, rather than those who find out you can get something for free, win it, and are never heard from again.

What I have to donate: Darth Vader standee, set of ROTS Pez dispensers, a ComicCon '05 holographic Leia, various posters from ComicCon. I think 10-12 good items would be sufficient.

Any thoughts or stuff to donate, post here and bring it to the table before Saturday's drawing.

Also, I'll be posting the final shift list late tonight.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I can probably dig up some stuff to give away. Did Rob ever give away that Jar Jar Ep1 tongue candy? :p

16. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    And to make it worse, the poor smegger who wins it has to eat it on film.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If we have a lot of prizes, maybe we should have, say 3 "gift baskets" to give away, with several items in each, in small - large.

18. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Not going to be able to make it up there...but have fun for me! Don't do anything I wouldn't do..and especially keep my Padawan and his Brother out of trouble!!!! :D

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Ok, gang. Here's the FINAL version of the shifts. Some spots are still empty, but I guess we'll have to wing it, depending on who's there each day, or, as a last resort, we'll ask our neighbors to watch the table. If need be, we can have just ONE person at the table. This is going to be especially true for Saturday for the Superman and Star Wars panels. I'd rather not go that route myself, as it makes it look like we're not dedicated to promoting the club. Just my 2 cents.

FRIDAY, FEB. 10

11:00 - 12:00 - MATT / DALE
    12:00 - 1:00 - ANNE M. / ELTON
    1:00 - 2:00 - SEAN / ?
    2:00 - 3:00 - TINA / ?
    3:00 - 4:00 - KATHY / ?
    4:00 - 5:00 - KATHY / ?
    5:00 - 6:00 - TINA / ?
    6:00 - 7:00 - ERICK / MATT

SATURDAY, FEB. 11

10:00 - 11:00 - MATT / DALE
    11:00 - 12:00 - RACHEL / MIRTHA
    12:00 - 1:00 - GALE / SHARON ROSE
    1:00 - 2:00 - ALISON / ANNE W.
    2:00 - 3:00 - EVA / CHARLES
    3:00 - 4:00 - TINA / MING
    4:00 - 5:00 - ? / ?
    5:00 - 6:00 - ? / ?
    6:00 - 7:00 - ? / ?

SUNDAY, FEB. 12

11:00 - 12:00 - MATT / DALE
    12:00 - 1:00 - RACHEL / ANNE M.
    1:00 - 2:00 - BRITTANY / MING
    2:00 - 3:00 - ROBERT / ?
    3:00 - 4:00 - BRITTANY / ANNE W.
    4:00 - 5:00 - MATT / DALE

I'm holding everyone to keep these shifts. If ANYTHING comes up, and you need to switch or change, please call whoever's at the booth and let them know. Mark, I know you just came back into town, so if you can work a shift, just stop by and we'll pencil you in. :)

On another important note, when I load in tomorrow, I'll check how much it is to have electrical power for the table. We'll split the cost with a neighboring table, so please help chip in.

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I know you took a list of cell numbers at the meeting, but will that be generally accessible? I don't know about everyone else, but I have the numbers for one or two people in the club, not for all the specific people who might be at the booth at a given time. Not that I plan to miss my shift, of course... ;)

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If anyone needs someone's phone #, call me at 650-580-4202, or if you're coming by the club tonight, I'll have the list with me.

22. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    I can't make it on Saturday because it's my 4-year anniversary with my girlfriend. ;)

Oh and Matt, my friend Jay can help me at the table for the 1 o'clock shift Friday. He was the one with the Luke Force FX at Virgin.

23. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    see you all tomorrow! yay! it will be a blast. [face_dancing] i am bringing two recruits as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.